User Tag List

Page 97 of 135 FirstFirst ... 47 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... LastLast
Results 1,633 to 1,649 of 2292
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm. I found the SW35 and MX80 to be lots stiffer than the N90. Can't say anything too sure about the Yonex rackets, but I'm pretty much convinced the VT80 is stiffer as well - can't back it up, though
    The N90 is stiff, but nothing so exceptional. The head heaviness is insane though (helped by the high weight) By far the heaviest racket I've played with (carbon racket, that is )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Hm. I found the SW35 and MX80 to be lots stiffer than the N90. Can't say anything too sure about the Yonex rackets, but I'm pretty much convinced the VT80 is stiffer as well - can't back it up, though
    The N90 is stiff, but nothing so exceptional. The head heaviness is insane though (helped by the high weight) By far the heaviest racket I've played with (carbon racket, that is )
    Static stiffness i would agree, dymaic stiffness when doing full smashes, I would dissagree. I agree that the stidfness isnt expetional in N90 I would rate it stiff, not x-stiff (with exception of MX80, that i think is stiffer than the ones i mentioned overall). But it is all relative, and the other rackets i mentioned are not X-stiff either imop. Another point to make is that for example VT80 tends to get much softer after being used extensively in my experience, which is not the case with N90-orig.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I said, I'm not too sure about the VT80, as I don't own one and my testing experience with it was kinda brief (one session) - and I don't have any long-term experience, so I wouldn't know if it gets softer or not. Not such a great thing, imop - if I buy a stiff racket, I want it to STAY stiff
    Anyhow, I'll obviously trust your judgement on that one.
    The SW35 and MX80 are pretty similar in stiffness, and while they're definitely not the stiffest rackets ever, I'd rate the MX as x-stiff. The SW35, not too sure, as I don't own one, but I'd say it's on the high end of 'stiff', bordering on x-stiff. Although the testing was hindered a bit by the f**ked up string (~20lbs).
    The N90 is definitely heavier, and in my eyes the potentially more powerful racket (if you can use the high weight and BP correctly) - although in my hands, it's pretty tame as I've gotten so used to lighter, quicker rackets. It's nice for singles every once in a while though
    Oh, and I can only agree - the N90 does not get softer over time. I've had mine for abt. 17 and 14/15 months respectively, and they're still going strong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    As I said, I'm not too sure about the VT80, as I don't own one and my testing experience with it was kinda brief (one session) - and I don't have any long-term experience, so I wouldn't know if it gets softer or not. Not such a great thing, imop - if I buy a stiff racket, I want it to STAY stiff
    Anyhow, I'll obviously trust your judgement on that one.
    The SW35 and MX80 are pretty similar in stiffness, and while they're definitely not the stiffest rackets ever, I'd rate the MX as x-stiff. The SW35, not too sure, as I don't own one, but I'd say it's on the high end of 'stiff', bordering on x-stiff. Although the testing was hindered a bit by the f**ked up string (~20lbs).
    The N90 is definitely heavier, and in my eyes the potentially more powerful racket (if you can use the high weight and BP correctly) - although in my hands, it's pretty tame as I've gotten so used to lighter, quicker rackets. It's nice for singles every once in a while though
    Oh, and I can only agree - the N90 does not get softer over time. I've had mine for abt. 17 and 14/15 months respectively, and they're still going strong.
    I think i would have to train significantly more with the 140g training racket i use if I want to use N90 effectively without getting a mushy arm in the third set :-D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    Why on earth do you want to add those arcane grommet types??? Those are made for rackets with lower grade graphite that arent strong enough to support orinary grommetes without the graphite caving in!!!
    As a precautionary step. The only rackets Ive used that don't have grommet tear through and frame sinking in was the AT700, but even the bottom grommets got wasted on. I already saw tear through and slight frame sinking at 24ish lbs. no way it'll be able to take 30+.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My LN rackets take 30-32lbs without any complaint. They're dampened pretty nicely, so the hard string doesn't translate into vibrations like on some Victor rackets and the result - no arm pain at all. Despite 32lbs instead of 28 (admittedly with NBG95 instead of 98^^)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got back from using this racket, and I'll admit I had my doubts. Played for a solid few hours and for myself, this thing had the power of the AT700 and the speed of the VT80. It feels relatively light and flexible compared to my AT700's, but because of this, there's much less fatigue and I could sustain power and move faster throwing in some trick shots. I highly recommend this racket to anyone who likes the AT700 and the VT80.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Optiblue View Post
    As a precautionary step. The only rackets Ive used that don't have grommet tear through and frame sinking in was the AT700, but even the bottom grommets got wasted on. I already saw tear through and slight frame sinking at 24ish lbs. no way it'll be able to take 30+.
    I have had no problem with sink-ins even with quite shitty grommets on N55 at 35lbs. AT700 ltd was famous among pros here for strings sinking into the graphite.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Despite my red N50 playing like a baseball bat for the first hour, it now feels pretty much "right". Gave me a huge power hike and actually likes high tension - I'd take it up to 32 with little worry. As j4ckie says (and I said in my review) they do vibrate/buzz a bit when fresh, but this goes away.

Two flies:

1. Weird main spacing near 2/10 o'clock;
    2. Needs USGs at the bottom (so I added some)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Optiblue View Post
    Just got back from using this racket, and I'll admit I had my doubts. Played for a solid few hours and for myself, this thing had the power of the AT700 and the speed of the VT80. It feels relatively light and flexible compared to my AT700's, but because of this, there's much less fatigue and I could sustain power and move faster throwing in some trick shots. I highly recommend this racket to anyone who likes the AT700 and the VT80.
    Does that mean you're going to stock up on N90's now so you don't run out?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    I have had no problem with sink-ins even with quite shitty grommets on N55 at 35lbs. AT700 ltd was famous among pros here for strings sinking into the graphite.
    Interesting~ I'll try out the top with regular grommets next time I restring, but the bottom will stay just cuz they're pretty well settled in!

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonvan View Post
    Does that mean you're going to stock up on N90's now so you don't run out?
    HUM... good question~ If they were cheaper, I'd defintely pick up a few more! I haven't bonded with a racket this well since the AT700's. Usually with other racquets I use, I find faults in them when I compare it to the AT700. After switching between the N90 and my AT700, it's almost sad for me to see some weakness of the AT700

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am going to HK and Beijing next yr, hopefully the N80 is out by than so I can try out some new toys, let me know if you want me to pickup a N90 for you, I think right now they're like $1200RMB'ish if I remember correctly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey friends how do u tell if the grommets are worn out? I have replacements (came with the racket) but I'm not sure when to change them... or even how to change them. Any help? Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bartwuster View Post
    Almost the same with me; paint job on the n90ii definitely look nicer.. Also, the shopkeeper where I bought mine do mention about n90ii got slight edge when attacking, but also harder to handle compared to n90, so another reason for me to buy the n90ii..
    Corrected..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WingsAir View Post
    Hey friends how do u tell if the grommets are worn out? I have replacements (came with the racket) but I'm not sure when to change them... or even how to change them. Any help? Thanks
    In general you should change them when restringing if the strings has cut trough them.

/T

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bartwuster
    Quote Originally Posted by bartwuster
    Almost the same with me; paint job on the n90ii definitely look nicer.. Also, the shopkeeper where I bought mine do mention about n90ii got slight edge when attacking, but also harder to handle compared to n90, so another reason for me to buy the n90ii..
    Corrected..
    Actually, it should be the other way around - with the N90 being harder to handle. It's definitely slower than the N90II. I can't say too much about the power since I'm not used to either anymore, but I would guess the heavier racket should also allow more max. power, so that would make the N90 more powerful.
    The N90II is much better for drives and net play, though - good solid feeling and feels decidedly less like an iron club

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bartwuster View Post
    Almost the same with me; paint job on the n90ii definitely look nicer.. Also, the shopkeeper where I bought mine do mention about n90 got slight edge when attacking, but also harder to handle compared to n90ii, so another reason for me to buy the n90ii..
    Corrected for the 2nd time.. What is wrong with me?Thanks j4ckie, that is what I'm going to say initially, after all, why would I bought something that is harder to handle in the first place? Hopefully no more correction after this..lol