User Tag List

Page 99 of 135 FirstFirst ... 49 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... LastLast
Results 1,667 to 1,683 of 2282
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recommend N50 or N50 II , its good for double players

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again, I wouldn't say any racket is good for doubles or singles specifically. I'd recommend the N77 (as it's the quickest N series racket and thus closest to the MX) or the N70 (which is head heavy, but only medium stiff, making it very easy, if a bit slow, to play).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like Im the only one using a N55 for doubles play .... @.@"
    Last edited by stang1; 12-09-2011 at 05:13 AM. Reason: speeling :D

4. Likes ariffd93 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm using the N55 for doubles ALL the time when I owned it back then..

6. Likes ariffd93 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Played singles last night. Won 3-1 games. Second time with my new Li-Ning N90II. My smashes were just as hard as my VT80 but with better control. A more solid feel. I think after a few more sessions...the N90II may have surplanted my VT80 as my go to racket.

The HangYu Tournament #1 shuttles didn't fare too well this time out. Lasting barely 1 game per shuttle.

Tried out Victor Champion #1 shuttles. They were decent. Good flight and durability (lasting approx 1-1.5 games).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CanucksDynasty View Post
    Played singles last night. Won 3-1 games. Second time with my new Li-Ning N90II. My smashes were just as hard as my VT80 but with better control. A more solid feel. I think after a few more sessions...the N90II may have surplanted my VT80 as my go to racket.

The HangYu Tournament #1 shuttles didn't fare too well this time out. Lasting barely 1 game per shuttle.

Tried out Victor Champion #1 shuttles. They were decent. Good flight and durability (lasting approx 1-1.5 games).
    Before you jump out and buy another N90II as a backup, you gotta try out a N90!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wouldn't say so - the N90II is a completely different racket, the N90 feels like it's made of iron in comparison. If you're so happy with the N90II, I don't see the need to go for the N90.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes,, thats why N90 is the most head heaviest and stiffest a professional racket has produce.

Even Lin dan also give up , he now switch to N50.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, stop it. The N90 is most definitely NOT the stiffest racket! The MX80 and SW35 alone are stiffer, and several others will be as well. You can love your N90 as much as you want, but please stop posting the same thing over and over again - it's just not true. It's very head heavy, but I really doubt Lin Dan has "given up" (did you see how he bends that thing? Looks like a wet noodle!). His new style of play just benefits more from a different racket, I guess.

12. Likes ariffd93, JukUx liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Optiblue View Post
    Before you jump out and buy another N90II as a backup, you gotta try out a N90!
    . Maybe I'll borrow yours to try it out

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CanucksDynasty View Post
    . Maybe I'll borrow yours to try it out
    Sure, I play at smash every Saturday morning dropin!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Alright, stop it. The N90 is most definitely NOT the stiffest racket! The MX80 and SW35 alone are stiffer, and several others will be as well. You can love your N90 as much as you want, but please stop posting the same thing over and over again - it's just not true. It's very head heavy, but I really doubt Lin Dan has "given up" (did you see how he bends that thing? Looks like a wet noodle!). His new style of play just benefits more from a different racket, I guess.
    I think it is important to point out that there are many aspects to stiffness. And a very headyheavy racket will of course flex more in absoulte terms compare to another racket with the exact same stiffness. To me a stiff racket responds very quickly and returns quick to its original shape, and you feel this very well if you are able to bend flex the shaft substantially during smashes.. (the stifffer the faster it returns to the straight shape, and controlled feeling) and it is almost only eveident when you play with it. testing the static flex by bending the shaft statically with your hands is usually a quite meaningless "test" imop.. Further more comparing a tapered shaft (three-piece with thinner shaft (more bend) at the top of the shaft compared to a std shaft is also misleading.. as the "progressive" shaft like N-series, and even more the conical shaft used in later N-series -II models makes the feeling stiffer in all out smashes imop. as the lover parts of the shaft flexes substantially less.

I agree that N90 is definitively not the stiffest racket around..But it is really Stiff by any yardstick! It is really hard to find a 300+ mm bp that is stiffer!!, the SW35 is certainily stiff, but the bp of 295 makes it feel sitffer also just from the lesser headheaviness...

16. Likes Maklike Tier liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good post. I never intended to say the N90 is not stiff, I get a bit fed up with those fanboy-type posts, be it Yonex, Li Ning, or Victor - unbased praise irritates me. So does bending the truth - like the above statement.
    However, you are completely right - the N90 is indeed a stiff racket. It's very controlled as well for me, but just way too heavy to use efficiently as my swing motion is more suitable to lighter, quicker rackets and my defense is an important aspect of my game and weakened substantially by the N90.

Anyhow, the static bending of a racket is the only way of getting objective data about the stiffness, I believe SOTX was the first company to use a scale to describe their rackets' stiffness (stating how far the head moved when a certain weight was put onto it). The racket will behave differently depending on the shafts construction and the balance, so it is possible for a racket to behave (or feel) stiffer or softer than it should be - which is the famed 'dynamic stiffness'.
    So, the N90 is pretty stiff, but behaves a little softer because of the insane head weight (which helps bending it).
    The same is true the other way around, btw - softer rackets often feel more head heavy than they should as the soft shaft allows the head to lag behind.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone tried N77? How is the performance vs N70 or something similar?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Good post. I never intended to say the N90 is not stiff, I get a bit fed up with those fanboy-type posts, be it Yonex, Li Ning, or Victor - unbased praise irritates me. So does bending the truth - like the above statement.
    However, you are completely right - the N90 is indeed a stiff racket. It's very controlled as well for me, but just way too heavy to use efficiently as my swing motion is more suitable to lighter, quicker rackets and my defense is an important aspect of my game and weakened substantially by the N90.

Anyhow, the static bending of a racket is the only way of getting objective data about the stiffness, I believe SOTX was the first company to use a scale to describe their rackets' stiffness (stating how far the head moved when a certain weight was put onto it). The racket will behave differently depending on the shafts construction and the balance, so it is possible for a racket to behave (or feel) stiffer or softer than it should be - which is the famed 'dynamic stiffness'.
    So, the N90 is pretty stiff, but behaves a little softer because of the insane head weight (which helps bending it).
    The same is true the other way around, btw - softer rackets often feel more head heavy than they should as the soft shaft allows the head to lag behind.
    agree :-) and btw N90 is too heavy for my arm muscle lactic acid buildup as well

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i want to buy either a n77 or a rocks n33 any idea where they might sell *REAL* ones?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by buhavoc13 View Post
    i want to buy either a n77 or a rocks n33 any idea where they might sell *REAL* ones?
    Online - mybadmintonstore, maxsports (?). In Vancouver, locally at Tads and I think Special Edition (at Crystal Mall).