Need a coach in Irvine, CA

Discussion in 'Coaching Forum' started by ionoo, Sep 17, 2009.

1. ionoo

ionoo Regular Member

I've played badminton for 2 years (I'm 19), my long term goal has been to improve enough to win D mens singles at tournaments like Summer Smash at SG and go from there. Progress so far: furthest I've gone in the tournaments like summer smash has been past 1st round. I am a full-time student in Irvine area.

Frequency 1-3 sessions a week max 2 hrs. each session. Depending on the quality of the coaching I may ask for the private coaching through the whole school year or beyond.

Please list any experience you have as a coach or player. Or if you know anyone you would recommend please do.

#1 ionoo, Sep 17, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  2. youkorlann

youkorlann New Member

OCBC has coaches, but the fee is pretty high.

3. canti

canti Regular Member

Student
    did you try playing at the college? UCI

4. ionoo

ionoo Regular Member

How high? personal coach, not group training. I cannot afford group training annual cost 8k...

Do you know if any of the ocbc coaches would coach me at a facility other than ocbc, sgvbc, abc?

Or do you know if any of the coaches will offer special deal like 8-10hrs a week for like a month or something for like $1k?

Since one of the training program at ocbc says this "[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular][SIZE=-1]the annual program fee for the regular afternoon session is $8,000.00*, which works out to about $10.25 per hour* of training!"
    [/SIZE][/FONT]

#4 ionoo, Oct 12, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  5. ionoo

ionoo Regular Member

playing at the college isn't working out because not really getting better quick enough.

I'm constantly trying to compete in tournaments but keep bumping into people who have
    A) more experience than me
    B) professional coaching

6. calvinlgoh

calvinlgoh Regular Member

Student
    Have you found a coach?

What is your current skill level?

Why dont you contact the coaches at SGVBC? If you wanted to win a D level singles at SG, then the coaches there would be able to judge your skill level and give you a good idea when you are good enough to win/compete.

Calvin

7. supralover23

supralover23 Regular Member

I'd be interested in coaching you at UCI, and we can work out some sort of weekly hours for a monthly rate thing.

Shoot me a PM.

Andrew

8. ionoo

ionoo Regular Member

No I have not found a coach, contacted several of the SGVBC coaches but A) no response, B) willing to coach but can only coach at the place
    Also have tried looking for coach at ocbc posted another thread but still no luck.

Current skill level I would say low-mid D? only have been able to get past first round that's why.