Clothing Regulations?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by ice_dragon, Sep 20, 2009.

1. ice_dragon

ice_dragon Regular Member

Student
    Hi,

I'm playing for a club in north manchester and this is my first season playing in a league.

I received a booklet from my coach for the whitefield & district badminton league.

QUOTE (from booklet, extracts from the rules)

"41. Players must wear recognised badminton clothing for all league ties and competitions, NOTE: football shorts, socks and T-shirts are not acceptable for league or tournament play. Team captains should complain to opposing captains where necessary and also to the executive committee."

ATM: I've got Nike shorts (above knee w/ netting)
    Cotton socks from primark
    Adidas climacool tops

Does anyone know such rule?
    Should I be slightly worried?

Thanks

2. mnanchala

mnanchala Regular Member

Engineer
    These seem to be rules for your league. Ask your fellow team mates or your coach for details.

3. Nightbird

Nightbird Regular Member

"Recognized Badminton Clothing" is a grey area!!
    I would assume they are referring to badminton branded and specific clothing..
    The idea perhaps is to keep basketball type long shorts,long t shirts and jerseys out and create a Badminton specific environment..
    I would assume that Nike shorts and Adidas climacool tops should be fine or you can draw a birdie with a marker to be sure ;)

But check with ur team mates though..

4. Sevex

Sevex Regular Member

Academia, CFD/ wind engineering
    Fair enough on football shirts, but what is the difference between shorts you'd where for football and normal shorts? And why on earth would you want to wear football socks on a badminton court?!

I think you're fine, clothes wise. As a guess it means any football gear which shows you support a team (why it doesn't mention other sports...) As for recognised badminton clothing, err shorts, t-shirt, badminton shoes/non marking sole?

Then again you should probably check, let us know if you have to wear specific "badminton" clothes, I'd like to know what they are!

5. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Ice Dragon
    Don't worry about your clothing too much. I played in this league years ago. This is a very old rule, written when it was preferred that players wore all whites and recognisied badminton wear. It's not been updated as far as I remember.

Good shorts and socks are fine, as are T shirts. As long as you stay away from football type shirts you'll be absolutely fine.

6. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Your clothing is fine. Of course nobody wears football socks to play badminton. As for football t-shirts, the organizers probably are worried if players coming in wearing Man Utd and Man City jerseys and creates chaos.:D