Using the Yonex NS9000-S (injury related?)

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by tlautlau, Sep 21, 2009.

1. tlautlau

tlautlau Regular Member

Banking
    Hi everyone, i'm new here :)

I had been using Ti-10 and Ti-5 for about 9-10 years (I guess those were the oldest Ti-10 generation?) , and just got a new Nanospeed 9000-S with tension = 23-24

I had been playing badminton once per week for 2-3 hours for the last few months with Ti-10 and Ti-5. Before that, I hadn't excercise regularly at all. So when I first started playing again, it took about 2.5-3 days for the muscle pain and fatigue to fully go away... Eventually it became better as the fatigue fully goes away in 0.5-1 day.

After reading reviews and posts around the internet, last week I got a new Yonex Nanospeed 9000-S. It's a new racquet so I think I need time to get used to it. It seems the new racquet provides more power, but it's also slightly heavier?

I played 3 hours with rests in between. There was a 15 mins training drill I did with my friend which we only used half court, and do "clearing" (defending smashes) & "smashing" non-stop.

After 2 full days I still experiences some muscle shoulder pain on my right side (but it's 70% better now).
    ================================
    My question is

How come I am experiencing more fatigue and muscle pain suddenly? is it because of the new racquet? (the control is a bit weird compare to my previous racquet) or because of the 15 minutes very intensed training drill?

2. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

It shouldn't be the problem with the racquet since the Ti-10 you are more used to is technically stiffer than the newer NS9000S.

I believe it's due to the training drill which forced your rusty muscles to move explosively too suddenly thus causing the muscle burn. You should be fine in a while. I experienced something similar when I picked up the sport after stopping for 2 years of not playing.