User Tag List

View Poll Results: How many tournaments have you won your whole life?

Voters
754. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't play in tournaments

370 49.07%
  • 1 to 5

217 28.78%
  • 6 to 10

54 7.16%
  • 10-20

31 4.11%
  • 20+

26 3.45%
  • I've won so many i've lost count

56 7.43%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jhirata View Post
    Yop, Agree with Twobeer. I just laugh at them.. or get my badminton-friends, and laugh with them, at those haters.

My little research has shown that ALL high-grade badminton players at my school are like.. top-scholars. Many of the basketballers and rugby players, they fail their foundation-maths exams. ..
    Well... If they can't count past 20 then J Hirata san's theory is facing a problem here peace lol...

Maybe they can't count past 20
    Comment Location : here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm...I only won a silver at a student convention tournament. Haven't participated in anything else yet because I don't think I'm ready yet. Still training like crazy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

iv one quite a few titles. Ofcourse at different levels but everything counts. I began play C grade ofcourse... and won singles doubles and mixed. At a couple of diferent tournaments. QLD open GoldCoast Open Brisbane Open etc in Australia. Then Same tournaments B grade titles singles doubles and Mixed.

A grade i became competitive but am yet to win a title. I have one the A singles Plate final for the Queensland open. When i went to nationals didnt win anything there as im too inexperienced

Then i took a year off and am just starting back into badminton.. had my first hit back last week. I still have perfect shots and technique just footwork is discraceful haha

Iv also won 2 Best and Fairest trophies aswell as 2 Most Improved/Up and Coming player awards at tournaments
    Mainly becaues i went from C grade to A grade in 1 year. Then A grade to open grade in the next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only got 2nd place once >.>.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, if winning at the school and university level counts, added with some tournament won at the district and state level......i think I've won more than 20 tournaments (single and team event).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have won several titles or been runner-ups in city-level tournaments in MD and XD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OldBadFan View Post
    I have got many badminton friends thinking and bragging about how good they were but still ate the humble pie. I'm from Malysia, and a friend of mine who is a national backup player once told me that on one of his china tour he was embarassingly well beaten by some trainees (who are not even considered as state level yet) from the chinese camp.

Unless you are a pro. who makes a living out of the game, you need not know how good you are. The more appropriate question to ask if you are a casual or social player would be how much you enjoy the game and the company of your fellow buddies; be they good or bad.
    True... I thought I was good it was others who were bad

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This question is best answered by those who you play with and against

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have won the school tournament 3 times in a row and that included beating people that were six years older than me apart from school I have came 2nd and 3rd in major tournaments but a still got a prize like the yonex polo shirt
    Last edited by LD rules!; 04-04-2009 at 02:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    I have won the school tournament 3 times in a row and that included beating people that were six years older than me apart from school I have came 2nd and 3rd in major tournaments but a still got a prize like the yonex polo shirt
    do u play doubles or singles?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

both however the results I posted are for singles my doubles stars are 1st in school champs + and 3rd in local champs however I don't have a doulbes partner at the moment as he has broke his leg in two places while skiing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to wait before i enter a few more Junior tournaments. The adult tournies aren't to fruitful for me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy View Post
    What about "Participate a lot, but never won a title"???

I agree with you LazyBuddy :]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well you can either win a school tournement, or the Olympics, and you'd be ranked the same with this system

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very tru oldhand...being from australia we practically arent even on the map for international badminton lol
    i remember playing in the Australian international i got knocked out first round by a 14 year old singapore junior. when i was 17. My shots were definately cleaner and sharper than his. But his fitness wasx1000000000 better then me and his footwork was SO QUICK!!! he just never stopped moving and never got tired.

Now that im back into dedicated training and i have my mind set on going to the top in badminton again it will be interesting to see where i stand in 6 months, 12months 2 years etc from now.

If i do make it to the top of Aussie badminton its gona be very hard to break into the world circuit. But more importantly now that im older iv learnt to enjoy the game more. So no matter what happens im always happy on the court.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My Story :D

i hate to brag (no i don't :P) but i come from a very small town in denmark (less than 2000 citizens) i have never had any training (only played with my mother and her team from i was 6 years, ofcourse not games with them until i was 13) but when i, 3 years ago won all the competitions that i went to, and therefore went three levels of play upward, the whole region started to know who i was, and everyone came and said how good i had become before and after my maches.. a small "fanclub" started (about 10 people, i had never seen before, started watching all my games and started cheering for me) this made me feel kinda pro. it all ended up with a teacher/coach (from the continuation school i went to last year) came and said to me that he wanted me to come to his school and respresent them. i would get clothes, shoes and a racket of my own choice. however i couldn't go, because it was 100 km away and that is quite a lot for a 15 year old boy to travel 4 times a week :S.. when i came to the school, everyone knew who i was (made me kinda embarresed :P) and from there i have gone back to my former "club" to become their coach
    btw now im 18 years old.. thats my story about the best badminton time of my life (playing wise)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can this possibly work?

1. The standards of countries are different: a tournament winner in another country might find it hard to win tournaments in, say, China.
    2. The standards of tournaments are hugely different. There are school tournaments, then there are local tournaments, then tournaments up to national level, so forth. How can you compare 20+ local titles to an All-England title?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast