A Sexy Playable Racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by ronex09, Sep 22, 2009.

1. ronex09

ronex09 Regular Member

Investment Management
    Dear Fellow Players,

I am very interested in the discontinued Wilson n2.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/wilson n2 badminton/bufung/WilsonN2.jpg

Reason: beauty. You may not like retro look, but I personally adore its sheen burgundy frame covered with a pearl white grip. Reminds me of Arsenal's 2006 Highbury memorial home kit.

However, I am concerned at the fact that this n2 is a head heavy stiff attack racket. I currently play a Yonex MP33 balanced racket and prior to that I played a Isometric MF 75 Light racket. Both were fairly flexible and balanced. I'm not sure if I should try a stiff head heavy racket because I don't want to adapt to a new racket that takes time to break in and get a feel which will ruin my game for the time being.

I play doubles and my partner is usually aggressive and takes care of attacking from the rear, but I do want to improve my attack from behind.

Has anyone played the n2? Does it feel entirely different from a flexible balanced racket?

PS. Is there a racket that's stylish and sexy as the n2 and flexible/balanced at the same time?

Thank you so much for your time and type!