Please Comment On This Racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by jeffreya1991, Sep 23, 2009.

1. jeffreya1991

jeffreya1991 New Member

Student
    Hi guys, i just want to know what are your comments on my upcoming racket:

Karakal MTEC-70 GEL with
    Yonex Nanogy 95 strung at
    22lbs

Thanks.

2. coachgary

coachgary Regular Member

Same as mine, except I used BG80 mostly, now use Zymax 62. I used Nanogy for a while but didn't like stringing with it. Although it performed pretty well.

Nice racket, light and powerfull, good for doubles. I tend to use the MTEC-80 for singles, just gives a little bit more assistance in the clears.

3. Genghis

Genghis Regular Member

I bought this exact racket for my wife recently and strung with BG-68Ti at 24lbs. It was perfect for her. Light-weight, small grip and medium flex to her generate a little more power.

For me, I found the shaft too flexible. It depends on what type and level of player you are.

Great value for the money. Was on sale here for about AUD75 (includes stringing). You should be very happy with it. No regrets buying this for her.

4. jeffreya1991

jeffreya1991 New Member

Student
    wow, you serious? I bought the MTEC-70 GEL and the string and extra 2 grips for AUD$140. Your MTEC-70 GEL only for AUD$75? Includes shipping?

5. Genghis

Genghis Regular Member

No shipping charge. I bought it locally at a shop here on sale for 25% off. I thought it was a great deal too and bought it immediately.

6. jeffreya1991

jeffreya1991 New Member

Student
    -

damn, thats a nice one.... Do you think i bought mine really expensive?

7. Genghis

Genghis Regular Member

No, badminton rackets purchased in SE Asia are typically less expensive than if purchased in other parts of the world. For example, my Yonex Nanospeed 9900 (no strings) purchased in Hong Kong cost HKD1130 which is about AUD 167. It's SP coded but I would doubt you could get it that cheap in Australia.

I think your cost is only about AUD 20 more than the retail price here in Singapore. The retail here is SGD119 which is about AUD 96. This came with free stringing with Yonex BG-6 string. To upgrade to the Nanogy 95 string, which you have, would top-up the retail cost to around AUD100. Figure that your racket with strings cost you about AUD120 (minus the grips) and you're looking at only about AUD 20 difference.

Remember, I only got it so cheap because it was on sale at a huge discount. Karakal rackets are not that common in Singapore so I think I was just lucky to get such a good price.