Help me pick my new racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Trmun, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Trmun

Trmun Regular Member

So my old faithful forza nanoforce 40k recently gave up and I of course need to replace it :crying:

I train badminton approximately 6-8 hours a week, besides this I play some odd tournaments during the weekends and of course participate in the teamtournament. To sum it up, I am a serious badminton player, yet not a top level one.

My main focus is on the single, but as I am participating in the teamtournament I have to play some double as well. My racket must therefore be able to be used in both single and double.

As I'm not the quickest player (I'm talking about transitions in the grip) I've played mostly with light-headed rackets, and haven't really experienced any problems with putting speed into the shuttlecock.

My playstyle is a mix of very agressive bursts and patient play with loads of clears and drops to make the opponent run tired.

The question is:

NS 9900 or AT 700?

The NS isn't that much difference from my old 40k, but the stiffness worries me a bit, whereas the AT seems to have the flexibility I'm used to, but it's head-heavyness worries me as due to my "slow" transitions.

Right now I'm leaning to the NS, but I would really appreciate if anyone could come with an input, helping me decide before I buy a couple rackets.

Sorry for the wall of text, and thank you for you time in advance.

2. wendychi

wendychi Regular Member

NS 9900 will help you on doubles I think. AT 700 is more like single raquet to me. If you have to play doubles sometimes, NS 9900 might be better.

3. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

I agree. I use both racquet models a lot these days and lean towards the AT700 for more "borrowed" power for singles play and the NS9900 for more wrist based explosive power play when I play doubles.

4. Trmun

Trmun Regular Member

Actually I bought the NS 9900 and tried it out on court yesterday. I appears to be the 100% correct buy. It did everything I expected it to (increasing my transition speed quite a lot even) but I must admit I'm a little puzzled since my smashing speed subjectivly also increased. This might of course be a mix of new strings and the stiffer shaft compared to my old racket - and me using my wrist when I smash might also mean something in there :p

But I must say that the NS 9900 is a racket I would recommend if asked - "the evil empire" aka yonex have really done their job incredibly well with this one.

#4 Trmun, Sep 24, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2009