beginner looking for a shoe

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by fillemon, Sep 24, 2009.

1. fillemon

fillemon Regular Member

hello everybody, i'm brand new here

i'm looking for a shoe.

i'm quite demanding when it comes down to a shoe, and that's because i have super wide feet.

so here is my list

1)the shoe has to be wide in the front:: very wide
    2)the shoe must be as strong as possible, i weight 220lbs (so a lot of mesh doesn't hold me when i turn or so, i think i need a lot of leather, or other material, althoug the heat builds up, i know, but the mesh makes me slip over the edge of the shoe and is even worse
    3)i need as much demping as possible
    4)possibility to put an orthopedic sole in it. (a sport sole, so it is quite thin
    and flexible) (or the front has to be flat and not much demping or my foot will sink to deep in the cushion) i need demping in the heel:
    i know: badminton is mostly on the tips and so there is a lot of demping.

can anyone help me ? i know everybody has their brand and shoe, but i have running shoes, and Brook is one of the few who has wide models and are good for heavy runners, asics are for small foot runners, and nike is often for light people. Maybe something exists for badminton shoes as well; i need a sturdy wide shoe, i don't care that it weights a lot, i can handle. :)

thanks folks

2. war2z

war2z New Member

Hiya,

Maybe you can check out Yonex SHB 200? The shoes are for wider feet and has extra cushion compared to Yonex SHB 101 so will be more shock absorbent. Some have claimed that these shoes have such good cushioning that you might not need to add additional orthopedic soles.

I am currently using the SHB 200 and find the cushioning very good but my friends mentioned it looks and is likely slightly higher than the 101s. These shoes are the top of the line from Yonex and in my opinion you shouldn't skimp on shoes because this is most important equipment. It really helps reduce the punishment on your feet and knees thus reducing likelyhood of an injury. Imagine twisting your foot which would effectively really stop you from playing even if you have the best racket in the world.

Give them a try and make sure you test them to the max to ensure the shoes are suitable for you. Cheers.