User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 18 to 34 of 52
  1. #18
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,918
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    naturally we will be keeping extra eye on this thread.

    meanwhile, we will let it run its course, participants should keep in mind to use reason and sound arguments, as well as be civil and polite.

  2. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    naturally we will be keeping extra eye on this thread.

    meanwhile, we will let it run its course, participants should keep in mind to use reason and sound arguments, as well as be civil and polite.
    i think old member will just keep themself cool
    just scare that some new member will suddenly pop up with and everything
    relax

  3. #20
    Moderator drifit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Selangor, Malaysia
    Posts
    6,428
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    i think old member will just keep themself cool
    just scare that some new member will suddenly pop up with and everything
    relax
    can i say, old members already immune to this kind of thread?
    kids fighting themselves who is more powerful? Power Ranger or Thundercats?

  4. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Malaysia, JB n SNG
    Posts
    119
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i think power ranger more powerful...cos they got big big robots...LoL...

    seriously, 1 has to salute LCW for his fighting spirit.
    to continue fighting carryin an injury, that's something else.
    look at the scoreline, it's NOT just a "i stand there n let u score" attitude...

    but BAM should let the youngsters come out and play more....even if it means losing...otherwise what to do when LCW retires...

  5. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    193
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    firstly datuk lee was never top-of-the-hill, so impossible for him to go downhill technically. this guy is quite smart and had already made plans for life after badminton. for sure he knows this is the maximum limit he can go which is top 3 in South East Asia (others being Taufik H and Sony DK) therefore he is maximizing his money by participating in as many tournaments possible and sub-servient to all his sponsors wishes.
    this is like squeezing hardest at the old cow's tits b4 she dies.

    datuk lee had already established a pda chain store & notebook shops.
    even though he can never be anybody significant in history of badminton, at least he won't go hungry and pauperish like kok keong, yoke meng, rashid, etc.

  6. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Badmintonshire
    Posts
    1,563
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    ....
    “I have aggravated an old injury in this tournament. The pain is in the same area as when I hurt myself during a training session three years ago,” he said in a telephone interview.
    ....
    “This is a Yonex-sponsored event and I wanted to give my sponsor something to cheer about.
    ....
    “I am confident that I will be in better condition at the SEA Games. I will get proper treatment for this knee injury when I get back home,”
    ....
    “For now, it is important to stay free from any injuries. I do not want to take any risk and jeopardise my chances at the SEA Games and the other major tournaments next year, the Thomas Cup Finals, Asian Games and World Championships.”
    gee... how clever LCW is...

    1. he suddenly remember that he got an injury 3 years ago..., but interesting enough that this did not affect him for the past 3 years until recently...;

    2. Yonex must be mad... because people would imagine how evil Yonex is by forcing LCW to please them at the risk of ending his career by playing with injury for 3 years... what a good advertisement for LiNing!!!

    3. and what is LCW try to give for Yonex to cheer about?? injury....

    4. he could treat the injury prior to SEA games inspite it could not be cured in 3 years...

    at least there is one thing to cheer about, he finally recognize the basics of sports players: the importance of stay free of injury...

  7. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Penang, Malaysia
    Posts
    202
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This is my conspiracy theory. I think illegal sports betting are creeping into badminton today. I suspect that the Msian players are in the thick of this especially Dato and KKK/TBH. They are earning big bucks. Look at their cars!!

  8. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by N4ruto View Post
    This is my conspiracy theory. I think illegal sports betting are creeping into badminton today. I suspect that the Msian players are in the thick of this especially Dato and KKK/TBH. They are earning big bucks. Look at their cars!!
    haha
    well,lcw earn nearly million one year if i am correct.why not?
    kkk/tbh?
    i do think they are millionaire too

  9. #26
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drifit View Post
    can i say, old members already immune to this kind of thread?
    kids fighting themselves who is more powerful? Power Ranger or Thundercats?
    i dont think so
    old member can still find some entertainment here

  10. #27
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pralinescream View Post
    firstly datuk lee was never top-of-the-hill, so impossible for him to go downhill technically. this guy is quite smart and had already made plans for life after badminton. for sure he knows this is the maximum limit he can go which is top 3 in South East Asia (others being Taufik H and Sony DK) therefore he is maximizing his money by participating in as many tournaments possible and sub-servient to all his sponsors wishes.
    this is like squeezing hardest at the old cow's tits b4 she dies.

    datuk lee had already established a pda chain store & notebook shops.
    even though he can never be anybody significant in history of badminton, at least he won't go hungry and pauperish like kok keong, yoke meng, rashid, etc.
    Hey, you must be reading my posts cos you reason like meLCW has at most 2 years to play top badminton, might as well play in as many tournaments as possible, if win there is US$20K (equals to lots of ringgit, kaching at the bank) and maintain/boost WR ranking (means RM45K bonus every 3 month), if lose did not cost him anything, free flight paid by BAM and tax-payers, and get to go shopping and blame on Yonex....Datuk's business venture capital came from badminton then might as well play until the 'cow's tits dry out and no milk left'It is quite cruel to milk the cow's tits till it dies, you know
    You are right that Datuk already plans life after baddy...it is fans who are caught up in all the furor, as though if Datuk wins, he shares his loot with his fans...if not for Datuk's success in badminton as a MAS celebrity, millionaire, businessman, Datuk, bimmer, house, would a high flying waitress landed on him and bump out Miss Wong...well, well, food for thought?

  11. #28
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Penang, Malaysia
    Posts
    202
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The winnings and the sports grants are peanuts. By either throwing some games or winning in 3 set against weaker players, he can make a killing for the bookies. Check out the illiegal sport bets sites, and you will know what I mean. In fact, if he keep his performance from now until a year or 2, he gonna retire filthy rich. Furthermore, he can go Hong Kong and enjoy 5 star treatment courtesy of Pendek Chang.....

  12. #29
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by N4ruto View Post
    The winnings and the sports grants are peanuts. By either throwing some games or winning in 3 set against weaker players, he can make a killing for the bookies. Check out the illiegal sport bets sites, and you will know what I mean. In fact, if he keep his performance from now until a year or 2, he gonna retire filthy rich. Furthermore, he can go Hong Kong and enjoy 5 star treatment courtesy of Pendek Chang.....
    hehe
    u can check his income tax then

  13. #30
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by N4ruto View Post
    The winnings and the sports grants are peanuts. By either throwing some games or winning in 3 set against weaker players, he can make a killing for the bookies. Check out the illiegal sport bets sites, and you will know what I mean. In fact, if he keep his performance from now until a year or 2, he gonna retire filthy rich. Furthermore, he can go Hong Kong and enjoy 5 star treatment courtesy of Pendek Chang.....
    I think Datuk played his best against LD and SS, but lost...not a conspiracy theory as you are alluding to....Datuk could have concede a WO to SS instead.....now, I did not know there is interest in illegal betting in badminton...hmmm

  14. #31
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Alberta/Canada
    Posts
    1,058
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    i dont think so
    old member can still find some entertainment here
    Exactly. I took your advice(well, it was for Cooler), and created this thread for all our entertainment.

  15. #32
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    I think Datuk played his best against LD and SS, but lost...not a conspiracy theory as you are alluding to....Datuk could have concede a WO to SS instead.....now, I did not know there is interest in illegal betting in badminton...hmmm
    everyone have their belief
    so i am ok if n4ruto have different opinion
    anyway,i dont think lcw will do so

  16. #33
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bananakid View Post
    Exactly. I took your advice(well, it was for Cooler), and created this thread for all our entertainment.
    then dont hide urself
    haha
    anyway,i think i will stop here until i saw something interest

  17. #34
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    then dont hide urself
    haha
    anyway,i think i will stop here until i saw something interest
    Advise you to 'stop here' hit the books and study hard...bad enough that TCS play 7 years and go nowhere...you hug the computer posting away averaging 535 posts per month and will go nowhere too..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Koo Kean Keat & Tan Boon Heong - Going Downhill?
    By Oldhand in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 2673
    : 06-24-2014, 04:26 AM
  2. NEWS : Denmark badminton is going downhill, says Kops
    By FEND. in forum Denmark Professional Players
    Replies: 1
    : 08-20-2007, 10:14 PM
  3. Is Carlton going downhill?
    By Smashing in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 13
    : 04-06-2004, 07:19 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •