User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow LCW should take more rest

This is true, isn't it? LCW should take more rest.

LCW has scored such a big difference in the WR points compared to the others.
    It is time for him to compete in fewer tournaments.

Just look at the BWF WR positions (released yesterday, 24-Sep-2009):
    #1 Lee Chong Wei (MAS) ........... 80,371.06 points
    #2 Lin Dan (CHN) ...................... 69,944.58 points
    #3 Chen Jin (CHN) .................... 66,620.00 points
    #4 Peter Gade (DEN) ................. 66,195.18 points
    #5 Taufik Hidayat (INA) .............. 63,680.00 points
    #6 Park Sung Hwan (KOR) ......... 53,326.67 points
    #7 Boonsak Ponsana (THA) ........ 48,771.75 points
    #8 Tien Minh Nguyen (VIE) ......... 47,490.00 points
    #9 Joachim Persson (DEN) ......... 46,410.49 points
    #10 Wong Choong Hann (MAS) ... 46,340.00 points

Source:
    Attachment below
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 09-25-2009 at 01:00 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pralinescream View Post
    firstly datuk lee was never top-of-the-hill, so impossible for him to go downhill technically. this guy is quite smart and had already made plans for life after badminton. for sure he knows this is the maximum limit he can go which is top 3 in South East Asia (others being Taufik H and Sony DK) therefore he is maximizing his money by participating in as many tournaments possible and sub-servient to all his sponsors wishes.
    this is like squeezing hardest at the old cow's tits b4 she dies.

datuk lee had already established a pda chain store & notebook shops.
    even though he can never be anybody significant in history of badminton, at least he won't go hungry and pauperish like kok keong, yoke meng, rashid, etc.
    I want to address 2 groups of Malaysians here.

First, the group that are always negatives about LCW ... I just want to say YES! YES! YES! Datuk got no big trophy or major titles like Olympic gold. But at 27 years old he is already set for life. He gots money in the bank and from a close sources, he is already a millionaire. Well, how many 27 year old guy do you know that is already independent financially?? Nothing personals here, but I bet there are many of you who are still living with ur parents . So ... so what if LCW got no big trophy??? He is set for life.

As for the second group who will resort to anything to defend LCW ... you peoples realli need to get a life. You people need to have the maturity to accept facts and when anyone say LCW got no big titles, respond with maturity rather than with warped logic or wild accusations.
    ... and for this second group, just because I say LCW is not good enough to win big titles, I am not your boogeyman, Permuda. Dont make yourself look stupid. If facts are given, be mature enough to accept it.

For the 1st & 2nd group, it is embarassing for others to see how Malaysians carry themselves here. I dont come to this forum often but when I do, I find Malaysians are embarrassing themself here. I am a regular at redcafe under the same nick. You people all should see how people post there instead! What is so heated about LCW badminton or who he is dating or what he has won or not win??? Should look at the LCW breakup with WMC thread ... shy lah. People breaking up in relationships is something normal la in life.

Lastly, thank for those who send me pm about Permuda's threads. I read quite a few. Great stuff!

Maybe some of you people not happy with what I say? Ok, I dont hide behind computer monitor, you can pm to meet or come find me at BBBS @thurs (around 7.30pm), we can settle stuff old fashion style ... a game of badminton (singles) also can or we can either put on some gloves or go bare knuckles.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    Advise you to 'stop here' hit the books and study hard...bad enough that TCS play 7 years and go nowhere...you hug the computer posting away averaging 535 posts per month and will go nowhere too..
    nothing funny when u change to personal
    there are many others 'tcs' outside that u dont even know their name but they decide to quit baddy
    and they are not bad at all

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hmm..

...if not for Datuk's success in badminton as a MAS celebrity, millionaire, businessman, Datuk, bimmer, house, would a high flying waitress landed on him and bump out Miss Wong...well, well, food for thought?
    ..OTB, she's not a waitress but an air stewardess lah...
    Quote Originally Posted by chris@ccc View Post

Just look at the BWF WR positions (released yesterday, 24-Sep-2009):
    #1 Lee Chong Wei (MAS) ........... 80,371.06 points
    #2 Lin Dan (CHN) ...................... 69,944.58 points
    #3 Chen Jin (CHN) .................... 66,620.00 points
    #4 Peter Gade (DEN) ................. 66,195.18 points
    #5 Taufik Hidayat (INA) .............. 63,680.00 points
    #6 Park Sung Hwan (KOR) ......... 53,326.67 points
    #7 Boonsak Ponsana (THA) ........ 48,771.75 points
    #8 Tien Minh Nguyen (VIE) ......... 47,490.00 points
    #9 Joachim Persson (DEN) ......... 46,410.49 points
    #10 Wong Choong Hann (MAS) ... 46,340.00 points

Source:
    Attachment below
    ..remember your thread??..if LCW starts to participate in less and less and more selective tourneys, how long will his WR#1 last??..
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=68649

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    nothing funny when u change to personal
    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    there are many others 'tcs' outside that u dont even know their name but they decide to quit baddy
    and they are not bad at all

Sorry Limsy...I just meant to 'bug' you

[quote=ctjcad;1260870]..OTB, she's not a waitress but an air stewardess lah...

Yeah, air stewardess is a high class expression for air waitress but selectively based on appearance, build, pretty face, etc...not the type of waitress you find at pasar malam who impatiently ask you and can't wait to get away fast like "oi mut yeah-ah" (what do you want?)

..remember your thread??..if LCW starts to participate in less and less and more selective tourneys, how long will his WR#1 last??..

....and his RM45K bonus cheque and also, less participation means less winning US20K cheque. Again, it is a business, except that the investment capital came from courtesy of BAM and MAS tax-payers

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-
    Quote Originally Posted by chris@ccc View Post
    This is true, isn't it? LCW should take more rest.

Source:
    Attachment below
    Oh yeah, forgot abt your thread over there. LD is catching up, maybe in 2010, if LCW participates less tourneys, his no 1 ranking no more.

Yeah, now Misbun can say, 'See, I told the doctors bf CHina Masters, but they gave the all clear.' Seems Misbun's "gerak hati"(intuition) is more accurate than doctor's report.
    If last year Yonex's persuasion can cause just-out-of-hospital Taufik to show face at SS Finals, then LCW cannot do less, show face & wear the new outfit lor.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=68649

....and his RM45K bonus cheque and also, less participation means less winning US20K cheque. Again, it is a business, except that the investment capital came from courtesy of BAM and MAS tax-payers
    WR#1 & WR#2 is same amount of quarterly bonus. But with NSC making noise, next yr onwards BAM said they will change some aspects of reward system, havent been announced how it will be changed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Omg!

The replies are so juicy... I would like to thank bananakid for bringing us such great entertainment.

I still remember Misbun said, ".... girls....., but what did CW do? Training..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ^^Coincidentally..^^

..Dato LCW just announced that he will be skipping more tourneys; and possibly not participate in any more tourneys for the rest of the yr...

In effect, this thread might be the only entertainment left since LCW won't be entertaining us on court..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..Dato LCW just announced that he will be skipping more tourneys; and possibly not participate in any more tourneys for the rest of the yr...

In effect, this thread might be the only entertainment left since LCW won't be entertaining us on court..
    The age of 27 is not too late, for new strategy ..perhaps.
    An old dog i.e ryan giggs can still learn new tricks, why not you la LCW?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ye333 View Post
    The replies are so juicy... I would like to thank bananakid for bringing us such great entertainment.

I still remember Misbun said, ".... girls....., but what did CW do? Training..."
    Well, I just did the dirty work. It was really Cooler's idea, and Limsy's encouraging Cooler to do it.

Let me analyze this situation using our BC's own famous analyst pjswift's unique thinking pattern:

LCW is getting smarter. He knows that his recent form is not good enough to win any tournament in the NEAR FUTURE even at the GP gold level. After being defeated by Sony, Lin Dan, and Simon recently, any further defeat in future tournament will only destroy whatever little bit of confidence he has left.

What can be a better reason(excuse) for skipping tournaments than bring up "old injury"??? Remember that LCW won the French SS back in 2007 with the same knee injury without dropping a set? But that was 2007 when he was still young... now 2009, he is older, he is going downhill, and he doesn't want the world to know that he is vulnerable until he can somehow find a new trick or two.

Want proof, you say? Remember the 1st round in the Japan open this year where LCW thrashed Boonsak in 2 straight easy sets, but then when he lost to Simon the next round, suddenly the knee pain showed up. Talk about coincidence, or is it just pure bad luck for this poor fella... or should I say poor Boonsak probably wished LCW would felt his knee pain just 1 day earlier.

The lack of Boleh fans in the future tournaments may be another reason why LCW thinks is a better choice for him to not participate as well. Without the drums, and non-stop screaming of boleh, it will be a huge discount on LCW's confidence especially if he has to play against players who have defeated him recently especially Lin Dan.

It took LCW until May 07 to recover from his slump after world championship 06, so most likely it will take him until May 2010 to recover from his slump this time after his tame defeat in WC09, but that will mean he is going to be 28 years old. I would not put much hope on him doing exceptionally well any more.
    Last edited by bananakid; 09-25-2009 at 02:15 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bananakid View Post

Want proof, you say? Remember the 1st round in the Japan open this year where LCW thrashed Boonsak in 2 straight easy sets, but then when he lost to Simon the next round, suddenly the knee pain showed up. Talk about coincidence, or is it just pure bad luck for this poor fella... or should I say poor Boonsak probably wished LCW would felt his knee pain just 1 day earlier.
    good point there. It took LD 21-17 21-17 to beat BP (CM) while lcw knocked off BP quite easily, 21-9 21-15 next week in JO

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ...

Quote Originally Posted by koo_fan View Post
    The age of 27 is not too late, for new strategy ..perhaps.
    An old dog i.e ryan giggs can still learn new tricks, why not you la LCW?
    ..ah, there you are, koo_fan...good to see you..
    i know the thread title must've tempted you and made you think:
    "Should i or should i not join?"..tsk, tsk..
    "Should i or should i not join??"..tsk, tsk..
    "Maybe i should, oh wait, maybe i should not"..tsk, tsk..
    "Should i or should...okay, i'll join in"..
    Let me analyze this situation using our BC's own famous analyst pjswift's unique thinking pattern:
    ..wow, what can i say ah. Once she reads this, pjswift'll be speechless and in awe of your impersonation of her thinking analysis. I'm sure she is happy to have you as her fan.....
    Btw, should we change your screen-name now to bananaswift??..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCW is such a liar...

If LCW was so hurt that he wanted to give up during the 3rd set, then since knee pain is supposed to only worsen up as the match prolongs, can anyone explains to me how LCW could catch up to 19-19 in the 3rd set, when he was 11-3 down??? It simply amuses me how bad of a lair he can be ... or Simon must have fell some pain in his knees as well, to allow an already hurt LCW to collect 16 points out of 24 points played. Or is simon just a generous person?
    Last edited by bananakid; 09-25-2009 at 03:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drifit View Post

good idea, lock it before anyone else speak...

one suggestion, LCW shall retire now. being still world number 1, he can retire with peace. i read so many posts on LCW. good or no good. tease him or praise him. nevertheless, he is world number 1.
    now on this thread, going down hill? LCW should retire now and no more down hill.......
    Yes, at present latest WR.........LCW still WR1 and 'the God' is at 2nd place.....if LCW retired now.....'the God' will be WR1.....nice

But please bare in mind......'the God' dont need LCW to retired to be WR1...
    he can do it himselve..........by attending more Tourneys..

And I think its no problem for LCW to be out of WR1........

1. BAM is going to review their policy, soon will be no more incentives for WR1....

2. Less pressure for LCW if he's not WR1....

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCW is such a liar...
    becareful of what we write here.
    i dont want kwun to involve in legal case.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post
    Yes, at present latest WR.........LCW still WR1 and 'the God' is at 2nd place.....if LCW retired now.....'the God' will be WR1.....nice
    damn.....
    how can you say "the God" is number 2??
    "the God" is always number one in my heart!
    if you are saying about LD, at no 2, he is not the .........

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ye333 View Post

It's "Fast cars, girls.." Also mobile phones, computer(abt CKB), hehe
    Misbun himself strict with his own kids (according to his 2 sons), so.....nothing less expected from his players.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast