LCW - going downhill?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by bananakid, Sep 24, 2009.

1. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    Is LCW going downhill?

Reason(s):

1. Age - at the age of 27, he definitely is not going to get any better in terms of physical fitness... then only one way to go -> down!

2. Injury(ies) - More and more injuries as he participates in more and more tournaments along with intense training all year long.

3. Broken heart??? - Well, without a lady by his side, will he be more focus on his career, or spend more time at the bars and clubs?

4. Repeat of World championship 2006? - He was eliminated at the 1/4 final stage(as WR#1) that year, and went into a slump for at least 7 or 8 months. This year, he was also eliminated at the 1/4 final stage(as WR#1), so the question is "will history repeat itself one more time?)

After being served multiple humble pies down his throat over the last few months, LCW is definitely not likely to get any better, so yeah, he is going downhill in my opinion... only quesiton is "how far down" will he go.

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

As soon as i saw the thread starter & the letters LCW..

..all i've got to write is: may God bless this thread & protect it from being locked...:cool:
    *ramble on, fellas...

3. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

I will heed your advice and refrain from responding to the nonsense posted above.

4. volcom

volcom Regular Member

I think he has lost a bit of motivation, teing so close but not quite there and from the countless pressure

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    can't say for sure about the physical state but lcw's mental state definitely is cratering as of late.

6. madbad

madbad Regular Member

See answers in bold :)

7. bad_fanatic

bad_fanatic Regular Member

Day dream about being a Pro Badminton Player
    I don't think he's going down hill at all. I just he's burnt out from participating in to many tournaments.

Malaysia failed to produce another strong junior to help represent Malaysia, so at every tournament they turn to LCW to bring home the crown. LCW basically participate in every big tournament, and GP gold tournament. Naturally his body will give do the extensive play with no rest, and the traveling does take a toll on the body. However LCW is the only Malaysian MS that can bring home the trophies so there's a lot resting on his shoulders.

I'm not fan of LCW, but I do concede that he is the top 2 player. Given more rest and I'm sure he'll perform up to standard.

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    then it's up to lcw to have more say on what and where tournaments to play in. Seem like BAM management cares only about their next glory, the next hit, like a drug addict and lcw is the drugstore:p Even drugstores here close shop in evenings and some weekends:.

9. sting1988

sting1988 Regular Member

School
    LCW should stop going to so many tournaments and do what LD does. Whatever LD has been doing is helping him win big events so LCW should take a bit of that, modify it and use it to his advantages.

10. madbad

madbad Regular Member

LCW will not be going to the DEN Open SS

11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    anyone can give me statistic of lcw going downhill?
    title won compare to previous year?:confused:

12. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

that's what I have been talking for a year... now he already has the taste of WR#1, should let go the ego of keep obessed in being the so-called WR#1 by entering whatever competitions and damaging his own long term career by building up injuries....

learning from news that LCW seems to starting doing so... finally...

13. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

I think he wasn't proud of his WR#1 status......it is the Malaysian media who kept bringing it up and put pressure on him. Yes, he is finally stopping to enter so many tournaments though :) He should only go all - out for tournaments he has not won before and tournaments with big players like Lin Dan, Sony, Peter Gade and so on.

14. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

There is no need to create a mess here, banana dude. you can discuss about LCW in his own thread. No need to simply create this one.
    He's just injured yesterday and couldn't played his best badminton agaisnt simon santoso of INa yesterday.
    The one in BOLD is what LCW said.

Knee injury proves too much for world No. 1

By RAJES PAUL

PETALING JAYA: World No. 1 Lee Chong Wei could have taken the easy way out by conceding a walkover in the second round of the Japan Open in Tokyo yesterday.
    He was suffering from increasing pain on the left knee and although he was trailing 3-11 in the decider against Simon Santoso of Indonesia, Chong Wei continued with the fight. But this time, his perseverance did not pay off and he was beaten 19-21, 21-15, 21-19 in 67 minutes.
    Chong Wei said that his efforts all ended in vain because the pain became unbearable at the crucial stages.
    “I have aggravated an old injury in this tournament. The pain is in the same area as when I hurt myself during a training session three years ago,” he said in a telephone interview.
    “I tried my best and called for time to tape the knee during the rubber game. I could have given up when I was trailing 3-11 but I did not want to lose that easily.
    This is a Yonex-sponsored event and I wanted to give my sponsor something to cheer about. Unfortunately, I had to give up against Simon’s persistent attacks at the end. I did not want to take a big risk by pushing it too hard.”
    It was Simon’s first win this year over a highly-ranked player and his reward is a quarter-final match against compatriot and defending champion Sony Dwi Kuncoro today.
    Chong Wei said that the defeat by Simon did not mean that his chances to win his first SEA Games individual gold medal in Laos in December had diminished.
    The SEA Games competition will have a field of other strong contenders, including Sony, Boonsak Ponsana of Thailand and Nguyen Tien Minh of Vietnam.
    “I am confident that I will be in better condition at the SEA Games. I will get proper treatment for this knee injury when I get back home,” he said.
    “I am not competing in the Terengganu Open (Sept 30-Oct 3), Denmark Open (Oct 20-25). If I am not in good shape, I may even skip the French Open (Oct 27-Nov 1).
    “It will give me ample time to work on my game. I think, Sony will still be the stronger challenger than Simon in the SEA Games.
    “For now, it is important to stay free from any injuries. I do not want to take any risk and jeopardise my chances at the SEA Games and the other major tournaments next year, the Thomas Cup Finals, Asian Games and World Championships.”

#14 george@chongwei, Sep 24, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  15. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

LCW is not going down hill, then LD had gone down hill as well given his slide in WR.

Nope, LCW has reached a plateau of his physical endurance.

At his age he should be selective of tournaments and have more time resting in between tournaments. The China BA has learned from past experience not to squeeeze their star players untill they become has been by 26 like XZZ.

That's why LD is going for fewer tournaments. Past a certain age, your body could not repair itself as rapidly as when you are 21 or 24 and though your skills may still matters your body will feel the pain.

This is the time BAM should let the youngsters get whacked in the SS. I dont see any youngsters playing anywhere and BAM is making a grave mistake.

Most of the back-up players are 22 and should be playing in tournaments.

CHN , Korea and JPN are sending youngsters to play.

BAM should do the same and hope that a diamond will emerge in 1 or 2 years. it took Foo Kok Keong 4 years at the ripe old age of 25 to make impact in top men singles.

Nguyen Tien Minh is flowering at 26 and that's because he has been playing in top tournaments for more than 3 years.

take heed BAM.

16. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    they just think that the result will beer directly:cool:
    bjss management is better than bam:cool:

17. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    :D
    good idea, lock it before anyone else speak...

one suggestion, LCW shall retire now. being still world number 1, he can retire with peace. i read so many posts on LCW. good or no good. tease him or praise him. nevertheless, he is world number 1.
    now on this thread, going down hill? LCW should retire now and no more down hill.......:p

18. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    naturally we will be keeping extra eye on this thread. ;)

meanwhile, we will let it run its course, participants should keep in mind to use reason and sound arguments, as well as be civil and polite.

19. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i think old member will just keep themself cool
    just scare that some new member will suddenly pop up with:mad: and everything
    relax

20. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    can i say, old members already immune to this kind of thread?
    kids fighting themselves who is more powerful? Power Ranger or Thundercats?