2009 Japan Open SS: Saturday, September 26th (SF)

Discussion in 'China Masters / Japan Open 2009' started by kuwichert, Sep 25, 2009.

1. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    Yep folks, we have to talk about the semi finals now. Hope Taufik will save some power today, he might need that on Sunday for the final step on top of the japanese podium, hopefully while giving us such a thriller again. Broadcasters should consider overtime!
    good luck to all players and let's see what will happen today first.:cool:

2. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

wow, so fast?? kuwichert?:D
    yeah, 2moro support the underdogs ya?:p

3. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    still Thursday in good old Ger, need an early wake up call tomorrow too - mymy, it's weekend! :eek:
    Anyway, before joining our local tournament I wanna see the INA veterans going to the finals!
    Any ideas which player broadcast GD sports? TVU doesn't and on soapcast it also disappeared long time ago:mad:

4. Masahiro

Masahiro Regular Member

ehehe although l's a fan of TH but actually i kinda wanna see simon vs bcl in the ms final...

5. crystal612

crystal612 Regular Member

Student
    as a fan of taufik and bcl....really want them meet in final...
    but simon is really great in JO...

6. badMania

badMania Regular Member

This must be INA's best tourney in a while...and I do hope that the players can capitalize on the good form to win at least 1 title on Sunday!

Taufik Hidayat -- he should be able to beat Simon Santoso, although Simon is definitely relishing his chance to win his first SS title after beating Lee Chong Wei and Sony Dwi Kuncoro in two consecutive matches! Bao Chunlai should await the winner in the Final!

Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan -- on paper, they should be prime for another SS title, with Hendra A. Gunawan/Alvent Yulianto Chandra and either Tony Gunawan/Howard Bach or Rian Sukmawan/Yonathan Suryatama Dasuki blocking their path to their first Japan Open title.

Nova Widianto/Liliyana Natsir -- a tough match against Joachim Fischer-Nielsen/Christinna Pedersen beckons yet again, but, I think Nova/Butet can beat them for the third-time this year! Their opponent in the Final will be either the on-form Hendra A. Gunawan/Vita Marissa or Songphon Anugritayawon/Kunchala Voravichitchaikul.

7. vedriegas

vedriegas Regular Member

university student
    tv court for tomorrow court 1 or court 3 ?

8. wickeddrop

wickeddrop Regular Member

I wouldnt count out TMN yet....he has been playing at a high level this year, and i hope he can beat BCL and get to the finals.

9. leonardklh

leonardklh Regular Member

student
    tmr live on court 2....

10. Joe P

Joe P Regular Member

Software Developer / Electronics Engineering
    Though I would love to see Taufik get through to the final, it'd be hard to stop his compatriot who's in scorching form at the moment. But hey, it would definitely be a nice surprise if he got through as I didn't expect him to beat PSH yesterday either - after the first game.

And I'm not so sure that BCL will find NTM easy to beat - the Vietnamese player is also in pretty good form of late - whereas BCL is somewhat short of match fitness this year.

This is shaping up to be a good tournament for the Indonesian players though - let's hope they have the mental toughness to finish the job.

Joe P.

11. wang.cly

wang.cly Regular Member

student
    link to watch live streaming tomorrow please.......

12. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    I wanna see Taufik on the Winning platform again.....haha....

Possibly his first SS title??

13. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    Hi dude, there are already threads called '2009 Japan open live score' and 'Japan open live broadcast' - just read the posts there :cool:, if my memory is still ok:confused: GD sports is also broadcasting tomorrow and on Sunday - check out how to get it on the net.

14. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    Buddy, are you struggling with Mr. Alz already ?? :confused: Yep it's been a while - last I remember was Macau last year, but there were a couple of top seats in the past.:cool:
    Anyway, since he is on fire, we can't get any better badminton to watch - sorry for LCW and LD - but I am not talking about ranking right now, they are the better ones right now, no topic to discuss guys! - but the entertainment Taufik provides us is simply the best we can get - and it's time to push him on top again since he deserves it. :D:D:D

15. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

MS prediction:

TH VS SS. 55: 45
    If TH had enough gas after a tiring match against PSH, he will win and cruise to the final in 2 tight sets. But SS had tons of confidence now.

BCL VS NTM. 55:45

I am a bit shock that lots of members here kind of over look BCL. If you are a badminton fans for at least since 2005, most of you had to know how a very good MS player BCL is.

Even when Taufik at his best (4-5 years ago), BCL had better head 2 head records against him. Too bad, BCL really struggle with injury this year. But he still win 2 titles this year. Most of his lost this year were against his own team mates. If his injury didnot bother him tomorrow, he will hands down win over NTM.

#15 hcpoirot, Sep 25, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
  16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

For clarification..

- That Macau Open wasn't a SS tourney. So, yes, Taufik is still searching for that elusive first ever SS title. Can he finally get over the hump in this tourney??..;)
    - Btw, yes, Taufik did win a title recently in this yr's U.S. Open GP title; see the sub-forum for all the actions.
    GDSports should be available on TVAnts...

#16 ctjcad, Sep 25, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
  17. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

MD prediction:
    Markis/hendra to win the title.

XD prediction:

Have PBSI called Vita back to Pelatnas yet? If not, they are the dumbest people in the world. Vita clearly beside Butet is the best WD and XD players , Ina had for a long long time. Why on earth they let her out of Pelatnas is puzzling me?

Just for the spite of PBSI, I predict Vita/Hendra to win here.

18. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

WS prediction:

If nothing major disasters strikes (like all China Ws players injured), one of the Wangs wil win the title here. But the question is, who?

WD prediction:

MJ/WXL to the final and (90%) will win their first SS title this year and their fourth? overall titles this year.

19. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    funny comment.

In Chinese, Wang (the surname for Wang Ling and Wang YH) means King; while the Wang in Wang Xin's name, is made of 3 and king, probably means 3 kings.

So there are 5 kings fighting for the WS title. Will 3 king (Wang Xin) be able to win over the other two kings (King Ling and King Yihan) ?

20. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Again, It is not PBSI but Vita wont join PBSI.....