Compare Ashaway Microlegend vs. Yonex BG-88Ti, please give comments

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by hhppyy, Oct 30, 2002.

1. hhppyy

hhppyy Regular Member

Hi all,

Please give comments on Microlegend and BG-88Ti strings.
    Which one is better ?

Thank U.

2. NVIDIA256

NVIDIA256 Regular Member

even better question as anyone ever tried any of the ashway strings, I have been hearing alot of good things about them.

3. jwu

jwu Regular Member

Medical Research
    been hearing mix reviews on the ashaway strings, the lower stuff like rally 21 is just utter crap, no feel whatsoever. Tried microlegend and it's a decent strings but with no durability, I smash through it after about 4 hours of play @ 22 lbs.

4. modious

modious Regular Member

Hi, I have tried Ashaway MicroLegend Strings before.
    It's not as good compared to the Yonex BG88 Ti strings. The MicroLegend strings loses tension faster and is more slippery.

5. amit_banore

amit_banore Regular Member

I have tried both ML and 88Ti at 22/23 on my Yonex N9k. ML is better than other Yonex strings in terms of feel, repulsion and durability. But it yields to 88Ti in terms of control. Both being equally durable and the best among their own manufacturers, ML is slippery while 88Ti is rough, so the later is able to catch the shuttle base before releasing in, giving u better accuracy in placements with an added spin to the shuttle. But 88Ti is twice as expensive as compared to ML here in singapore. ML would cost $15, while 88Ti make you poorer by $30 (including importing from HK and stringing here :eek: )!!!

6. tangy

tangy Regular Member

student
    i havent tried bg-88ti but i have been using microlegend. i find them to be great strings, that actually hold their tension. i have mine strung on a ashaway titanium power 990 at 24lbs. im currentlty in my 6th week or something. fantastic strings

7. CoolDoo6

CoolDoo6 Regular Member

Haven't tried BG-88Ti, and can't think of a reason that I ever need to. I been using MLXL for almost a year now and it is the best string I have ever used. Combining the string with right racket and right tension gives more power than I need. The string exterior is made from super tough material that doesn't wear out easily, making the string slippery for life. The non-XL version of the string have a thinner exterior coating, therefore less durable. I like smashing the hell out of people more than slicing the hell out of them. I have no idea how good the string is at slicing.

8. morewood

morewood Regular Member

My latest racquet came strung with microlegend, played with it for about 2 months before breaking 2 main strings, since then have restrung with powergut 65 which gives similar feel and has yet to break on me.