Reasonable coaching/class for a newbie?

Discussion in 'USA West' started by sehat, Sep 30, 2009.

1. sehat

sehat Regular Member

Educator
    Hi,

I am looking for someone to coach my wife to play badminton. I had coaching in the past and have not played for the past 4 years but am getting back in the game, however she's got no prior exposure to the game so she needs someone to work with her for basic skills: proper footwork, grips etc.

I'm primarily looking for someone who'll provide coaching with a reasonable price. Not a 1-on-1 coaching, but could be coaching in a small group (like 5-6 people). We live in Cypress in Orange County, California.

We are also thinking of having her enrolled in a community college badminton class, but I'm not sure what the level of the coaches there are. We just want someone to show her proper fundamentals.

If anyone has any information, let me know.

2. Furtil

Furtil Regular Member

student
    community college badminton class does not coach. however, it is a very good place to play badminton once a week. you don't have to be good at it to play. in fact, more than half the people there are beginners, and only a few are intermediate. i've only been to two colleges, so that's all i know.