Results 290 to 306 of 310
Thread: 2009 Super Series Masters Finals
12-02-2009, 09:37 AM #290
12-02-2009, 09:53 AM #291
12-02-2009, 09:56 AM #292
12-02-2009, 09:59 AM #293
12-02-2009, 10:02 AM #294
Thanks george Sorry never been there I am confused here 4 a sec I thought in was in jb
12-02-2009, 03:55 PM #295
12-02-2009, 08:00 PM #296
Last night when the World No.1 was playing, looks like there were more officials than spectators.
12-02-2009, 08:52 PM #297
Of course, your rationale could have applied to, say, the Athens Olympics, where organizers knew that even if no one in Greece was interested, there would still be demand for TV coverage elsewhere.
12-02-2009, 08:59 PM #298
^^Check this out..^^
(taken from BWF website):
o The Yonex Sunrise BWF Super Series Masters Finals will be televised each day (afternoon session) throughout the event to a Worldwide audience."
"The BWF introduced the Super Series format to showcase badminton at a higher level of competitiveness, to increase television coverage for the sport and to increase the star quality and popularity of the top players in the world through a wider television audience."
12-02-2009, 09:36 PM #299
But your first quote explains a very welcome, present reality and it is great to see that, for example, two Chinese stations are broadcasting from day 1, even though there are only two Chinese competitors. See HERE.
Now if only we could get the same decisions to be made by TV stations in countries with a) high numbers of BC members; or b) high numbers of SSMF competitors.
12-03-2009, 02:21 AM #300
- Yes, they are indeed broadcasting all of the matches. Thus the point that BWF's goal in this particular SSMF is coming to realization, despite having an empty stadium in the background.
- Heard about WoB.tv??..aren't they broadcasting the matches, through livestream, to many parts of the world?
Last edited by ctjcad; 12-03-2009 at 02:24 AM.
12-03-2009, 03:08 AM #301
12-04-2009, 11:18 AM #302
Candid Camera shot
Most photos of non-match stuff I took along the way.
(didn't take match photos for lack of a professional camera)
The Friday evening crowd was much better than Thursday and Wednessday.
1. Gade vs Boonsak in the best match of the day. Both are still trying to qualify.
2. 'Crazy'/fanatic indonesian fan doning red and white, heckling with the Malaysian crowd.
3. Fanatic donning Indonesia flag as Cape supporting Vita Marissa/Gunawan Vs Clark/Kellogg in XD match.
4. KKK wearing a cap awaiting for transport, schoolgirls approaching him for autographs.
5. Boonsak's sister on the way out vs Juliene Schenk.
12-04-2009, 06:41 PM #303
I am disappointed bao chunlai lost to Lee chong wei !
12-04-2009, 08:17 PM #304
Both are playing half-heartedly as both already qualify.
I never saw so many crosscourt net shots, baseline drops and plenty of backhand clear in a professional men's doubles games.
Where is the boom boom pow?
12-09-2009, 03:43 AM #305
02-12-2010, 10:37 PM #306
By ilovecp2007 in forum Badminton Tournament Video SharingReplies: 13: 10-11-2010, 03:47 PM
By hcyong in forum Super Series Masters Final 2009Replies: 335: 12-11-2009, 12:00 PM
By chris-ccc in forum Super Series Masters Final 2009Replies: 258: 12-10-2009, 05:26 AM
By chris-ccc in forum Super Series Masters Final 2009Replies: 256: 12-07-2009, 08:07 PM
By chris-ccc in forum Super Series Masters Final 2009Replies: 326: 12-03-2009, 09:51 PM