weird string tension on top

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by cec2c1, Oct 1, 2009.

1. cec2c1

cec2c1 Regular Member

Please reply.I have a Nanospeed 9900 stringed.But it seems that the top string is loose and the middle and the bottom part seem tight.Please tell me what to do.

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    That simply means the stringer lost too much tension when s/he try to clamp and tie off the last cross on the top. :eek:

There is nothing much you can do now. If you want to use the same stringer, kindly remind him/her next time. Otherwise, go to look for a better stringer.

3. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Don't be too hasty to whale on your stringer :)

The outermost strings in any racket will feel looser than the ones in the middle no matter HOW good the stringer is: it is a law of physics! The degree of loosness, though, obviously varies between stringers.

I've been trying to explain the reason behind this since I started stringing, but thankfully YULitile has done so in one of his videos:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=YULitle#p/u/1/3GzAVthIlXU

So no matter how tight you pull the outer mains and/or top and bottom crosses they are ALWAYS going to move more than strings toward the middle of the bed.

4. Sgbad

Sgbad Regular Member

bumming around
    If possible, you might want to get the stringer to loop at the top of frame. see this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euSBZ...eature=related

But, it shouldnt be too much of a problem, as what Sir Mark A said, this cant be avoided.:) Having yonex fly clamps do help alot for the last cross:)

#4 Sgbad, Oct 21, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  5. cec2c1

cec2c1 Regular Member

thanks for the reply