Victor Super Waves 35

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by chungjun, Oct 2, 2009.

1. chungjun

chungjun Regular Member

Anyone had a taste of Super Waves 35 yet? Do share your reviews of it please. I am wondering how it fare against BS09 and specifically SW36. Am generally a Yonex user but tempted to try out Victor's racket. It would be of great help if anyone could suggest one Victor racket that's plays a close resemblance to Yonex AT900T.

2. bluecraze07

bluecraze07 Regular Member

I would also like a review of JJS's racket :)

3. hawk5

hawk5 Regular Member

Review SW35:

Smes power : 9.8
    Akurasi : 9.7
    Netting : 9.7
    Drive : 9.7
    Defence : 9.6
    lob back to back : 9.8

4. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    If the new Super Wave series is better than the previous series (SW33P/C), I will definitely be keen to add one to the collection.

So far, the SW33P I have has proven it's worth, it hits harder than most of my racquet and it is very durable also.

5. chungjun

chungjun Regular Member

Wow! hawk5, you have high regard for this racket. May I know how you set up your SW35? I mean, what's your string tension and whether it's a 3/4U? If you've played with AT900T before, do you think the feel of play is similar?

6. SkyRider

SkyRider Regular Member

try bs09. for better balance,control and smash.strung at 26lbs. bs08 for power.

7. chungjun

chungjun Regular Member

I have BS09 @ 4U. I couldn't get a hang of it. I'm not saying BS09 is not a good racket, just that I'm too used to head-heavy rackets its hard for me to 'squeeze' swing power from it. I find BS09 great in reflex and overall defence though. Well... since we're on that topic, allow me to do a little advertising for myself :p, I'm selling my BS09 here (if anyone is interested, check out: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75925)

Hmm... I might swing down to local Victor dealer (Chris @ http://www.badmintonshop.blogspot.com/) and ask for his opinion tomorrow. God forbids, though this is just a 'social visit', I might end up jumping the gun and buying one SW35. :eek:

8. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    I prefer the SW 36, though 35 looks very cool~ Too bad I don't know where to get one of the new Superwaves.

9. niemrieng

niemrieng Regular Member

it sounds that the SW 36 is more interesting although the SW 35 looks better. any one's used and revied on SW36?

10. chungjun

chungjun Regular Member

My 'social visit' to Mr Chris' has been insightful and I bought my SW35. I had a quick swing of both SW36 & SW35 (both demo units were not stringed). SW36 flexibility is noticible (not surprising as it was build that way). I choose to go with SW35 because I prefer SW35's slightly higher frame stiffness. (And yes, looks is one of the perks too! :)

I'm eager to give it a test and see how it plays out but that will have to wait till my badminton session this Thursday. I'll try to provide my few-cents worth after that. :)

11. smashf0sho

smashf0sho Regular Member

has anyone used BS 10? Would you prefer SW 35 or BS 10 when it comes to offense and smashing?

12. niemrieng

niemrieng Regular Member

I wonder how the SW36 and bravesword 10/11 compare to AT900 technique from yonex. I'm using AT900 and may wanna try out my first Victor.

Thks

NR

13. -Silver-

-Silver- Regular Member

Engineer
    well, here's my mini review of SW35.

Model: Victor Super Waves 35
    Weight / Grip: 3U/G2
    String: Victor VS-650 @ 23lbs
    Balance point: ~300mm (remove basic grip and wrap with Karakal Grip)
    Length: ~675mm

Initial Thoughts:

At first, i thought it would be hard for me to transit from a medium stiff racket (M8k) to a extra stiff racket (SW35) but surprisingly it's not that difficult.

Game Time:

I would say racket really packs a punch! When I smash, i can really feel the power it produce and the sweet spot. Strung with VS-650 @ 23lbs, i feel the string is quite grippy and produce a very crisp sound when smashing. I find that the movement of the racket is not really sluggish. So when defending, i still can maneuver the racket well. Maybe due to the head heaviness, doing some net shots require more effort.

Overall:

-Head Heavy.
    -Movement of the racket is not really that sluggish.
    -Easy to smash with.
    -Net play may require little more effort.
    -Paint job is really nice.

The above review is just solely base on my own opinion. Just treat this review as a pinch of salt. :)

Previous racket i have used: M8K, Victor PW12, Kason TSF300D.
    P.S: Somehow i think the feel of SW35 is like PW12 but stiffer. Again, just my 2 cents. :)

14. chungjun

chungjun Regular Member

Victor Super Wave 35 Review (by CJ)

Alright, as promised, here’s my few cents worth.

Victor SW 35
    3U/G3
    Yonex BG80 String
    String tension - 27
    Time with the racket thus far: 2 hours

Take all this with a pinch of…
    I play mainly with AT900T (the point of reference). Have experience with MP99 and BS09 – intermediate skill level – devote 4 to 6 hours a week to nourish my love for badminton – all these are of my own personal opinion – it is by no means definitive

In short summary:
    Power : 9
    Accuracy : 8
    Defence : 8
    Drive : 9
    Durability : 8
    Look : 9.5

At first glance, this racket has got to be one of Victor’s most gorgeous rackets. I personally feel this is to be encouraged because it shows attention to details and fine craftsmanship. Good job Victor! Do keep this up!

I mainly use Yonex AT900T so please allow me to use it as a reference point. Like all Yonex Armotec series, AT900T is heavy-headed rackets. SW35 too is slightly head-heavy but it is not as heavy as AT900T. To my surprise, I find myself warming up to SW35 with ease. Stroke back-to-back is handled well and I can feel myself hitting the ‘sweet spot’ consistently. The racket’s stiffness is higher (compared to SW36) and it felt almost as stiff as AT900T. Combine the frame stiffness and string tension of 27, no difficulty in generating power when executing smash and strokes to the back. Power therefore is definitely SW35’s strong point.

Defensively, I experience a few fumbling and inaccurate returns. Perhaps more time and fine tuning required towards a slightly less head-heavy racket (setting aside shortcoming of my defensive skills). However this is not to say SW35 is want of reflex. On the contrary, flexing and switching the racket during game is swift and easy. Playing tight near and around the net isn’t my forte so I reserve to comment more on this but as far as my attempts go during the game, the results were definitely more than pleasing.

I hope this short review helps. I believe I will definitly spend more time playing with this racket for some time. Hell, I might get extra as spare! I look forward to hear how the rest of you fare with it.

#14 chungjun, Oct 10, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  15. gancy

gancy Regular Member

TE
    chung jun,
    where did u buy the victor sw35 in sg? how much does it cost?

16. chungjun

chungjun Regular Member

I bought it from Chris Aw in Ang Mo Kio, got it for SGD165.

BLK 724 #01-73 AVE 6
    ANG MO KIO CENTRAL MARKET

I had already provided the link to his blog above, but here you go again:
    badmintonshop.blogspot.com

17. gancy

gancy Regular Member

TE
    chunjun

How did u find it as compare with ti102nd gen?

18. chungjun

chungjun Regular Member

Can't say much about how it match up to Ti10 as I have no personal experience with this classic (seems to be one all-time-favorite Yonex).

I wonder... anyone else around that might help out on this?

19. Erique

Erique Regular Member

I had a chance to try a few stroke with SW 35, it has almost the same feel as ti 10 2nd gen. The same shaft stiffness, but SW 35 is head heavier than ti 10, but still it feel light. For me SW 35 is lighter than SW 33P, so it is good for attacking and defense play. I was a ti10 user, and of several victor rackets that I had tried SW 35 was the closest feel and even better in power and durability than ti 10.

20. gancy

gancy Regular Member

TE
    thanks Erique, it looks like i can a get a replacement racket for my ti10.

Do u know how to differentiate Victor spec racket for example like YY 3Ug5 spec? I got no idea abt Victor racket.