User Tag List

Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marpan View Post
    To be honest Teoky, SW35 is in the league of it's own, maybe when the Voltric comes out with 70, 80 or 90 or even 100 but talking about overall perfomance and control SW35 is better than any competitors and half the price or Yonex. (i most likely to be shot by say this). ^^
    Yeah, the SW35 is such an excellent racket! I'm thinking of just getting a third one and not use anything else. Its that good!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is anybody here already try to compare SW35 and Spira21 in term of power, stiffness, control, defense, etc?? I am in the middle of deciding to purchase either one of them.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spiral 21 personally i feel not as stiff as Super wave 35 , its a bit lighter, its quite similar to Yonex Nanospeed 9900,, the one that Tan Boon Keong is using now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marpan View Post
    I would like to make a comment regarding SW35.

I have been using SW35 for about 4 months now.. I have to say that I dont agree with LD Rule or Ichiigo comment regarding the net shots.... I find it much easier than Armotec 900 or 9900 to net or to cross court drop. The sheer power that this generates I have to agree with LD rules & Ichiigo.

I also would like to state that the day I give up using SW35 is the day that I quit badminton.. which is never!!!!
    If you refer to post #170 I said that netshots were excellent. In fact there is nothing that is below excellent, with this racket

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryim_ View Post
    I've been using it for about 2 months and its been excellent. I think a bit more time and the more delicate shots will improve since I find that sometimes, its still quite hard to control.
    see, I knew that more people would like it. It is quite easy to get used to, in comparison to other rackets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by teoky View Post
    Seems like alot of die hard SW35 supporters in this forum ! Maybe the SW35 will be Victor's equivalent of Yonex's Ti10 and AT700 (1st version) in time to come. Time to stock up !

Come to think of it, maybe I should bring out my 1st Gen Ti10 and play abit to see if it is similar to the SW35. But since it is in mint condition, I didn't want to risk getting paint chips and devalue it.
    Erm, Ti10 was good in its time and it still is but it is nowhere near SW 35 so keep your Ti10 in the wraps so that it stays MINT (ting!)!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like alot of die hard SW35 supporters in this forum ! Maybe the SW35 will be Victor's equivalent of Yonex's Ti10 and AT700 (1st version) in time to come. Time to stock up !

Come to think of it, maybe I should bring out my 1st Gen Ti10 and play abit to see if it is similar to the SW35. But since it is in mint condition, I didn't want to risk getting paint chips and devalue it.
    Yeah, diehard would be a good way to describe it. don't risk your Ti10, you already know that the SW35 is a better racket

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    Yeah, diehard would be a good way to describe it. don't risk your Ti10, you already know that the SW35 is a better racket
    Is it fair to assume that your top 5 rackets would be:

1. SW 35
    2. SW 35
    3. SW 35
    4. SW 35
    5. SW 35

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RSLvictorSOTX View Post
    Is it fair to assume that your top 5 rackets would be:

1. SW 35
    2. SW 35
    3. SW 35
    4. SW 35
    5. SW 35
    Yes, that is probably correct, but I don't have enough money for that many but if I did have unlimited amounts of money, I would buy every SW35 that came off the production line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by arfandy View Post
    Is anybody here already try to compare SW35 and Spira21 in term of power, stiffness, control, defense, etc?? I am in the middle of deciding to purchase either one of them.
    Spira 21 is not stiff at all though it is rated as ultra stiff.

There is a different flex to the shaft and it actually feels flexible to me. The swing is fast but I can't get used to the it at all.

SW35 beats it in all category. If you notice the recent tournament, I don't think any of the professional players are using Spira 21 but more and more are switching to SW35.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrerkiko View Post
    Spiral 21 personally i feel not as stiff as Super wave 35 , its a bit lighter, its quite similar to Yonex Nanospeed 9900,, the one that Tan Boon Keong is using now.
    TBH is now using Ti10 (3rd gen) whereas KKK is using Arc8DX. There was a time when both was using the NS9900 but not anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seeing how SP21 was not popular, I wonder what Victor will do with the SP22. I will be interested to see how they would market it since the SW/BS series are the two that most players go for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spira 21 is not stiff at all though it is rated as ultra stiff.

There is a different flex to the shaft and it actually feels flexible to me. The swing is fast but I can't get used to the it at all.

SW35 beats it in all category. If you notice the recent tournament, I don't think any of the professional players are using Spira 21 but more and more are switching to SW35.
    Totally agree to disagree regarding Spira 21's stiffness rating!

TBH is now using Ti10 (3rd gen) whereas KKK is using Arc8DX. There was a time when both was using the NS9900 but not anymore.
    NS9900 though ultra stiff is way too headlight that it's utter waste of energy much better expended for tactical manouvres rather than wringing every last ounce of energy to power it home imo! Therefore, it makes total sense that TBH and KKK switch to Ti10 and 8DX respectively. ''What you put in is what you get out'' from Ti10 and 8DX plain and simple!

Quote Originally Posted by ryim_ View Post
    Seeing how SP21 was not popular, I wonder what Victor will do with the SP22. I will be interested to see how they would market it since the SW/BS series are the two that most players go for.
    Even BS users are switching back to SW series (everyday users). Initially, it would seem the BS series cuts through the air better (''aerodynamically'' in some aspects compared to SW series but overall performance says it's otherwise) but then it's not.
    Last edited by RSLvictorSOTX; 09-09-2010 at 10:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RSLvictorSOTX View Post
    Even BS users are switching back to SW series (everyday users). Initially, it would seem the BS series cuts through the air better (''aerodynamically'' in some aspects compared to SW series but overall performance says it's otherwise) but then it's not.
    The BS10 was fast and it was pretty powerful but the SW35 is definitely more powerful. Although the SW35 lacks the speed of the BS10, its definitely not slow and I feel its more solid and stable as well!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From my observation, usually the 1st model of a new series is a hit and miss affair. For Victor, the BS08 was the 1st model and it didn't play well at all, the same fate seems to befall Spira 21. Hopefully Spira 22 will be like BS09 which is a better racquet than the BS08.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:  JD520078.JPG
Views: 1114
Size:  74.6 KBName:  JD520077.JPG
Views: 1031
Size:  68.0 KBName:  JD520081.JPG
Views: 1196
Size:  66.4 KB

My review of the SIW 35.

First of all this is my perception which can differ.

First impression:

The colorscheme is brilliant and glossy with the silver pattern. The racket is head heavy but feels overall relative light (3U / G3). The shaft is really stiff.

Playing time:

I played with the SIW 35 more than 10 hours. Overhead shots are powerful. My smash get an extra punch and clear back to back was easy. At first I had problems with the timing of my backhand clear, but after a season I get familiar with the really stiff shaft and the swing speed but now my backhandclear is powerful.
    Dropshots are sharp and on point. Backhand crosscourt dropshot was more accurate and sharp too.
    I needed some time to become familiar with this racket, but after some sessions I could unleashed the whole beast.
    In fact this is a headheavy racket, at the forecourt it's fast and not sluggish. Crosscourt net shot is not as easy as with a headlight racket, but not a problem. Especially in doubles, i have no problems in the front or back with this racket.

Durability:

I had some clashes with my partner, but there is no scratch or paintship. I think the paint is durable.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Compared to which racket(s)?

Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast