User Tag List

Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SlaShEr View Post
    Hello Kwun,

thank you very much for the review..even more, it's from a hardcore Arc10 owner.

upon reading your review of your 4U Sw35, saying that it's a tad slower than the Arcsabers (3U)..I must say it does makes me abit scared of getting the 3U as I am a 99.999% doubles player.
    that's my personal feeling of it.

however, there are some unequal variables into the comparison.

the SW35 was strung with BG65 and has a thinner grip than my regular ARC10 which is usually strung with ZM62 and slightly thicker grip. the two differences may alter the comparison.

personally i am not too affected by it as my defense is pretty strong.

stay tuned when i get my own SW35 next weekend and i will post a more fair comparison soon after.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by awekuda View Post
    may i know which string you used?..
    Yonex Nanogy 98 (.66).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey everybody, i have uploaded some of my reviews onto a blog now. I'll try to keep updating it as soon as i get sth new so everybody can get more information before investing a lot of money =P

http://cycilverbadminton.blogspot.com/

thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cycilver,

Nice reviews. Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I received a 3U Victor SW 35 for my birthday recently and was able to test it out for a couple hours the other night. It seems to be very similar in flex and balance to my Armortec 900P, although slightly lighter in weight overall. It was strung at 26 lbs. with Ashcroft zymax70 string which is somewhat similar to BG65. Here is a short review for those interested. It should be noted that my club plays with plastic yonex mavis shuttles for economical reasons and should be taken with a grain of salt for those that play with feather.

Clears: 8/10
    Clears for some reason seemed to require a bit more effort than usual. There was no problem when I was fully in position, but defensive clears played backing up seemed to fall shorter than usual. The racket felt like it was almost too stiff and the shuttle was not staying on the strings long enough for the racket to flex and propel it back. The Armortec 900P which felt similarly stiff on other shots gives me no such problems. It should be taken note that my club uses slow plastic shuttles which are almost impossible for the average player to clear from end to end and requires me to use the same power as I use on a smash, so these clearing problems will most likely be of little significance to a feather player.

Drops: 9/10
    Did not find any problems here, I had good control and could feel the shuttle well. However, I wasn't fully used to the racket yet, so I had a few problems with hitting sharper cross court sliced drops, especially round the head.

Defense and Drives: 7/10
    Maneuverability was slightly slower due to the head heaviness, but still acceptable. Blocks to the net and lifts were easy enough, but of course not as easy as with a more head light racket. The rackets slight lightness compared to the AT900P gives it a slight edge in defense which could make it a better choice for doubles than its yonex counterpart.

Net Play: 7/10
    I was having a bit of an off day with my net game, so I'm sure some of it was my fault, but it seemed harder to hit tight spinning net shots with the racket. Cross courts net shots were fine, as well as pushes and angled net shots, but I had a small problem controlling the height of my straight net shots.

Smashes: 9/10
    This racket definitely has some power in it. Again, I wasn't fully used to it, so I was not able to consistently utilize its full potential, but when my timing was on, the racket delivered some booming smashes. Fast stick smashes with the wrist were more powerful than usual and the racket did not feel slow when smashing and intercepting from the front of the court. I'll need some more time with the racket to see what the full extent of its power is and whether it has more than the AT900P or not.

Bottom Line: Comparable to the AT900P, this racket is fast and maneuverable enough for doubles, but is able to deliver powerful smashes for those that favor the backcourt. It seems lighter than the AT900P which may make it a better choice for doubles, but I have no doubt that it can also be used as a good singles racket. I'll need some more time with it to better assess it's full potential, but I wanted to go ahead and post a first impression review. I'll post an update later. I hope this helps some of you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dato A View Post
    Without bag RM350.00.
    Is ur End Cap is non slip cap or normal blue cap??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wooncc View Post
    Is ur End Cap is non slip cap or normal blue cap??
    All the models nowadays come with the blue cap, you would have to have got quite old stock if it's not the blue cap.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the first time in 10 months, I had my first poor session with this racket.

Nothing went where I wanted it to, and had a few clean air swipes at a shuttle that had already gone. Sometimes it can be hard to use, but you get through it ok, today it was just a pain in the back side during training.

Still it's more than worth it, I know that when the user is on form, this is the best racket on the planet, no questions. love playing tournaments with this thing, as I know it will come good.

Still using the first one I got the other two are back ups.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone knows where I can buy SW35 with reasonable price in US. The price listed on racketsupply is 180$ while the one sold in eu "http://www.tennistown.de/product_info.php?cPath=25_135_314&products_id=6651 " is about 130$.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suggest you to save some bucks for airplane ticket and visit Thailand (market price of rackets is cheaper, in addition to Indonesia & Malaysia) . SW35 is sold in Thailand for around $96 each, comes with extra grip GR-218 & string VS-650 (available in 3U & 4U version). OR, for $185 can get you a package of SW35 + bag BR-303 + shoes VT-7000C + socks SK-111 + grip GR-218 + string VS-650. I'm not so sure if they do shipping package for this but you can contact them by email.

here's the link

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How's Victor SW35 compared to LiNing N-50 ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by arfandy View Post
    How's Victor SW35 compared to LiNing N-50 ??
    You can try on Ebay
    http://cgi.ebay.com/VICTOR-SW35-badm...item641eeae4ac

It's from Taiwan, $125+$25 Shipping

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry wrong quote for the above post, it's a reply for @alex2021

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by arfandy View Post
    I suggest you to save some bucks for airplane ticket and visit Thailand (market price of rackets is cheaper, in addition to Indonesia & Malaysia) . SW35 is sold in Thailand for around $96 each, comes with extra grip GR-218 & string VS-650 (available in 3U & 4U version). OR, for $185 can get you a package of SW35 + bag BR-303 + shoes VT-7000C + socks SK-111 + grip GR-218 + string VS-650. I'm not so sure if they do shipping package for this but you can contact them by email.

here's the link
    Don't know if there is any differences but I prefer GER or TW code over china. Anyway it's hard to refuse this huge sale, If they do not ship to US I will contact my friend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi there,

I am interested in the victor super waves 35, could anybody tell me what is the price for them currently? i have seen them at 980HKD is this what people are buying them at?

Thanks!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbs View Post
    Hi there,

I am interested in the victor super waves 35, could anybody tell me what is the price for them currently? i have seen them at 980HKD is this what people are buying them at?

Thanks!
    They are about US$130 excl shipping. Maybe you should visit Squash_Mart on eBay, Eric is a great seller, highly recommended by many.

Or if your me, you can get them for about $70

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    ...Or if you're me, you can get them for about $70
    “Bragging is not an attractive trait, but let's be honest. A man who catches a big fish doesn't go home through an alley.” -Ann Landers

Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast