User Tag List

Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...that is why I am waiting and waiting and waiting for more reviews on the VT80 and MX80! SiW35 is still it for me I think when the dust finally settles.

NBG98 is a bit harsher on the elbow than Ultimax as far as I am concerned. Perhaps it is due to that teeny weeny string movement with the NBG98 (at 28/30 tension)? I don't know if there's a correlation to that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RSLvictorSOTX View Post
    ...that is why I am waiting and waiting and waiting for more reviews on the VT80 and MX80! SiW35 is still it for me I think when the dust finally settles.

NBG98 is a bit harsher on the elbow than Ultimax as far as I am concerned. Perhaps it is due to that teeny weeny string movement with the NBG98 (at 28/30 tension)? I don't know if there's a correlation to that.
    I am also still really happy, with SW35. not quite sure what could move it from top of my list.
    I haven't really considered the VT80, or the MX80 really. I am looking at the N90II at the moment, however I am still considering other options.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    I am also still really happy, with SW35. not quite sure what could move it from top of my list.
    I haven't really considered the VT80, or the MX80 really. I am looking at the N90II at the moment, however I am still considering other options.
    To be frank, I am leaning towards the Yonex line only for future resale value if at all I happen to buy the next, next and next collectible Yonex racquets (I don't mind if its called hype or not but their marketing guys sure does the hype each step of the way, can't really fault them for that!). Unfortunately, they are hard to spot (collectibles) right on.

However, for sure, SiW35 will surely be my only non-Yonex racquet (got 5 now; all 3 u) if I were to ditch all other branded racquets but one. Bold statement huh? But SiW35 is really that good. nothing more to add!

Erm, I might also want to hold on to dear RSL X2 Gold, TC700 (mean-green) Gen 1 and Woven 16 (love the weaves), sadly I sold my Arc Z-Slash (mean-yellow; I miss its smashing prowess so much)...but yes, SiW35 is it for me!

'nuff said.
    Last edited by RSLvictorSOTX; 05-04-2011 at 01:11 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont care about resale values, i dont think i will ever sell many rackets, just keep them instead and see how many i can collect.

See the thing is, i am quite loyal to the SW35, i cant really imagine myself playing for more than one session without it. But at the same time, i want to try more rackets, so in a way, i am worried that by trying other racckets, i will find something i might like a bit more, which will get costly, as i would have to buy back ups and stuff.

N90II/N55/VT80/MX80 are the rackets i am looking at, but i am not convinced that they can beat the SW35 still. + they all cost a fortune ! (apart from the MX80)

So for me it is still #1 hopefully it will remain that way (at least for my wallets sake)All mine are 3U as well.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi LD rules! I am also considering getting a VT80 or MX80 or SW35. However, I'm not convinced that they will be any better (they might be worse?) than my apacs Lethal 70 or Tantrum 300. Any thoughts? Anyone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could somebody please compare the Yonex Voltric 89 with Victor Super Waves 35 , which is more superb?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When all the comparisons with VT80 and MX80 dies down, I'm sure we'll all be able to differentiate between each racquet's characteristics; between: VT80, MX80 & the mighty SiW35. Btw, SiW35 is tried and tested by many, VT80 and MX80 is still having continued reviews.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ssj100 View Post
    Hi LD rules! I am also considering getting a VT80 or MX80 or SW35. However, I'm not convinced that they will be any better (they might be worse?) than my apacs Lethal 70 or Tantrum 300. Any thoughts? Anyone?
    I can almost guarantee that you will like the SW35 more than the L70, and if you don't, then you could sell it, but honestly I think you would like the SW35 more.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

it also depends. SW35 isn't an easy racket to use. the balance and stiffness requires someone with good skills.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    it also depends. SW35 isn't an easy racket to use. the balance and stiffness requires someone with good skills.
    Thanks kwun. I think I will just work on my technique and fitness before considering further purchases. I really like my apacs rackets, and I'm not playing at international level or playing badminton as a career. Also, I'm still realising the full potential of my current rackets - it actually takes a lot of time to get fully used to different rackets (particularly if they are strung differently etc), and to get the most out of them. Personally, I think as long as the racket is relatively head heavy and stiff, it will always be potentially able to produce massive power. Some people may be able to adapt/improve their skills to achieve this, while others won't. Those who do achieve this get excited and post on forums like this, while those who don't simply stay quiet etc.

Anyway, will look forward to future Victor rackets in the next few years that will hopefully build on the SW35.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    Agreed. I could not handle the 3u version and 'downgraded' to a 4u which was more user friendly imho

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok its been a couple months since i got the sw35 and i think im finally getting used to it.
    this racket is really powerful... if you hit it right, it goes BOOM. BAM. feels really solid.
    but i think i should still lower my string tension since its a bit high haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sealman View Post
    Agreed. I could not handle the 3u version and 'downgraded' to a 4u which was more user friendly imho
    The SW35 does take some getting used to. It's not a forgiving racquet and does have a slighlty smaller head and sweetspot than many other racquets, but when you do hit the sweetspot, the rewards are great.

Btw Sealman: I tried sending you a private message, but your inbox is full and will not accept new messages. Please let me know how to get in touch with you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is easier to generate power using SW37 and MX80 than SW35

if there's an easy way then why choose the hard way?
    especially to those in novice and intermediate level.
    for advanced level you can choose any rackets as you please ...
    Last edited by jump-smash; 05-06-2011 at 11:00 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the players in the badminton hall I go to uses the SW35 and loves it. He's an advanced level player (one of the best in the country) and plays mostly Men's Doubles and Mixed Doubles. I would have thought the SW35 was best for singles?

EDIT: by the way, I don't think his smashes are as powerful as many others in the hall (who are using other types of rackets).
    Last edited by ssj100; 05-07-2011 at 05:37 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ssj100 View Post
    One of the players in the badminton hall I go to uses the SW35 and loves it. He's an advanced level player (one of the best in the country) and plays mostly Men's Doubles and Mixed Doubles. I would have thought the SW35 was best for singles?

EDIT: by the way, I don't think his smashes are as powerful as many others in the hall (who are using other types of rackets).
    hmm if hes one of the best in the country, then he can probably handle whatever racket really.. assuming hes very skilled. and the sw35 he has might be a 4u, which is more suitable for doubles. as for the smashes, maybe hes not going 100%? either that or his racket is 4u which means less power...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alapongtai View Post
    hmm if hes one of the best in the country, then he can probably handle whatever racket really.. assuming hes very skilled. and the sw35 he has might be a 4u, which is more suitable for doubles. as for the smashes, maybe hes not going 100%? either that or his racket is 4u which means less power...
    Good points. I'll try to find out whether he uses a 3U or 4U. He should be going 100%, as I recently watched him play in a national level tournament.