User Tag List

Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jump-smash View Post
    it is easier to generate power using SW37 and MX80 than SW35

if there's an easy way then why choose the hard way?
    especially to those in novice and intermediate level.
    for advanced level you can choose any rackets as you please ...
    Is sw37 a flexible racket compared to sw35?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by txv611 View Post
    Is sw37 a flexible racket compared to sw35?
    yes SW35 is a lot stiffer than SW37
    and head heavier too

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The temptation to buy another SW35 is possibly too much I want an Asian decal one this time though. Anyone help me purchase one at a good price ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sohubuy has good prices i believe, 125$ each I thought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    I can almost guarantee that you will like the SW35 more than the L70, and if you don't, then you could sell it, but honestly I think you would like the SW35 more.
    APACS lethal 60/70 is not an easy racket to go to. If the player wrist is not strong and not skillful, the Lethal 60/70 will be wasted.

SW35 is still new to me and playing it in some games, but I am agreed with you that I love SW35 over my Lethal 60. I like it speed, control and stability compared to Lethal 60.

I personally felt Lethal 60 was having poweful smash compared to SW35, but it was slow and not responsive in defense.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazy sky View Post
    APACS lethal 60/70 is not an easy racket to go to. If the player wrist is not strong and not skillful, the Lethal 60/70 will be wasted.
    Actually, that's exactly what I've read some people say about the SW35.

By the way, I own and play with the Lethal 60, Lethal 70 and Voltric 80. If you think the Lethal 60/70 needs a strong wrist and plenty of skill, wait until you've tried the 3U Voltric 80!

Also, I've always wanted to ask this question - what exactly do you mean by "slow and not responsive in defense"? Does it mean you can't return smashes as well? Isn't that more of a timing issue? Unless you're beginner-intermediate level, I truly think that good technique can make any racket excellent in defense, as long as you've had time to adapt to it.

Having said that, the vast majority of posters on BC are beginner-intermediate level, so it makes sense that comments like that are coming through. What I think is really important or would be nice is to state what playing skill level you are when you make posts. This is just a comment in general, not specifically to anyone. For example, a beginner saying that the SW35 is a horrible racket and can generate no power hopefully will state that he/she is a beginner in his/her post. Of course, I guess we could just look it up in the poster's profile and hope that he/she is telling the truth hehe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mmm... I am not as good as ametuer or state-players, but my skills are consider as close to advance stage (15 years of experience, I can't change your mind if you think I am 'beginner')...

If you play bowling in hook, you will know how much wrist power you need to hook the bowling ball without guard.

Slow responsive doesn't mean can't return the smash. I should say the quality of the smash return is not in optimum level compared to SW 35. But the power of smash from Lethal 60 and SW 35 is great. I should specify, in non-ametuer level my smashes attract others attention.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mmm... I am not as good as ametuer or state-players, but my skills are consider as close to advance stage (15 years of experience, I can't change your mind if you think I am 'beginner')...

If you play bowling in hook, you will know how much wrist power you need to hook the bowling ball without guard.

Slow responsive doesn't mean can't return the smash. I should say the quality of the smash return is not in optimum level compared to SW 35. But the power of smash from Lethal 60 and SW 35 is great. I should specify, in non-ametuer level my smashes attract others attention.
    As I said, my comments weren't targeted at anyone in particular. I think it's just important to keep in mind the skill level of posters when they make comments.

When you say "return is not in optimum level", that's again quite vague. What exactly is "optimum level"? Having used a super head heavy racket like the VT80, I've realised that returns can actually be easier if I change my technique a little. However, if I used the same technique to lift a fast smash with my Tantrum 300 or Lethal 60/70 (yes, I find them amazing rackets to defend with), it would not work well with the VT80. That is, the lift will probably be too short or too high above the net. However, just tweaking the technique a little (may require a bit of wrist power, but I think it's mostly timing/reflexes), defensive lifts or drives/drops are just as effective, if not more so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ssj100 View Post
    As I said, my comments weren't targeted at anyone in particular. I think it's just important to keep in mind the skill level of posters when they make comments.

When you say "return is not in optimum level", that's again quite vague. What exactly is "optimum level"? Having used a super head heavy racket like the VT80, I've realised that returns can actually be easier if I change my technique a little. However, if I used the same technique to lift a fast smash with my Tantrum 300 or Lethal 60/70 (yes, I find them amazing rackets to defend with), it would not work well with the VT80. That is, the lift will probably be too short or too high above the net. However, just tweaking the technique a little (may require a bit of wrist power, but I think it's mostly timing/reflexes), defensive lifts or drives/drops are just as effective, if not more so.
    Same opponent smash but with different rackets, my returns with Lethal 60 is not as high as with SW 35 (clear is still to base court). However I use different strings in both racket, Lethal 60 is Yonex bg 68ti and SW with VS-800.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same opponent smash but with different rackets, my returns with Lethal 60 is not as high as with SW 35 (clear is still to base court). However I use different strings in both racket, Lethal 60 is Yonex bg 68ti and SW with VS-800.
    Good point with the strings. Sometimes that can make a lot of difference too.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ssj100 View Post
    Good point with the strings. Sometimes that can make a lot of difference too.
    in fact, a lot of times i find the string+tension makes more difference than the racket itself!

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

3 months ago, i got a SW35 from the US distributor RacketSupply. after a while, i realized that i like it so much so i got another one from them a couple of weeks ago.

and then today i was checking out the racket, and noticed the serials.

both are strung with VS-850@29.5lbs. both are 4U and plays identically.

twins?

Name:  IMG_0438.jpg
Views: 739
Size:  99.3 KB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow kwun you're very lucky to have that kind of serial number
    I've seen Lee Chong Wei also have half a dozen rackets with identical serial numbers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Played with the SW35 today. Racket is solid and fast. String feels bouncy tho. Switch between SW35 and Trinity is difficult. After using the SW35 for a while, switching to Trinity makes the Trinity feels light and ....hmmm different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got my new SW 35 from tennistown, I have two words to describe this racket 'Simply Awesome' .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vensisu View Post
    Got my new SW 35 from tennistown, I have two words to describe this racket 'Simply Awesome' .
    that was the words I would use to describe it.

Better stock up before they are sold out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mmh since I broke my back-up AT900T now I just have to try this racket, no excuses anymore. Getting the 3U probs.