User Tag List

Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xofrevlis View Post
    I don't think BG65Ti's are supposed to be that durable. I think Yonex gave the string a 6 in that area in their chart. BG65's last a week or so longer for me.

I'm not keen on adding overgrip to the handle because of these short stubby fingers of mine >_>
    I'll definitely give the athletic tape a try if I can't adjust to it though. Thanks for the tips.
    Congrats to the membership of satisfied SW35 owners. In terms of strings give a thinner string on your SW35 a try. BG 80 is very good for slicing.
    I recommend BG66UM on the SW35. I know it is not a durable string, but performance wise thinner strings give more repulsion and increase control and precision. Don't stick with this strings from the stoneage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucantseeme View Post
    Congrats to the membership of satisfied SW35 owners. In terms of strings give a thinner string on your SW35 a try. BG 80 is very good for slicing.
    I recommend BG66UM on the SW35. I know it is not a durable string, but performance wise thinner strings give more repulsion and increase control and precision. Don't stick with this strings from the stoneage.
    I'm scared of needing to splash out restringing costs every two to three weeks at prices considerably higher than 65 and 65Ti. A lot of the time I feel that 65Ti's meet my needs very well for the price I need to pay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I've just come back from my first session using SW35 and I'm afraid to say that the results weren't really ideal. Indeed, it proved difficult to make the jump from my usual medium flex even balanced rackets.

At the front of the court, I didn't notice much difference with the netplay. Then again, this is one aspect of the game which I never notice. It seems to play the same way no matter which combination of racket and string I use. Killing the rallies was quite difficult because I had trouble generating enough racket-head speed from short swings.

The mid-court area went better. Drives seem to fly a little faster.

On to the rear court. The owner said that I might have to put more power into my strokes to play clears but I didn't really find that to be the case. It seemed easier to clear to the back of the court. Backhand clears are about the same; they reach the back of the court without having to put any more or less power than I do for my usual rackets. Even though it felt more cumbersome to move the racket around, my defence didn't seem like there were more holes than usual but I feel that I wasn't really tested much in that department today.

Unfortunately, my biggest issue is the lack of this fabled power the racket is supposed to produce. First of all, I really do have to put everything into a smash to produce anything threatening. The other thing is that I really don't think that I played a single smash all night which impressed myself.

My shoulder, tricep, elbow and forearm are feeling the strain at this time, but this is a good thing in my book. I remember experiencing the same thing when I was making the transition from a flexible racket to the medium flex racket and once I got used to it I felt that I really reaped the results.

Here's hoping that my body can get used to the racket and that it does so quickly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

xofrevlis,

where about do you play? and what level do you play at? I just play for fun/recreational.

maybe one day we can meet up and you can have a few hits with each others rackets.

I have a sw37 (4u) - ngb98 24lbs, sotx woven 8a - nbg98 23lbs, rsl m11 600 - ngb 95 24lbs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ssgg007 View Post
    xofrevlis,

where about do you play? and what level do you play at? I just play for fun/recreational.

maybe one day we can meet up and you can have a few hits with each others rackets.

I have a sw37 (4u) - ngb98 24lbs, sotx woven 8a - nbg98 23lbs, rsl m11 600 - ngb 95 24lbs.
    I play regularly in the Tai Po area, typically Tai Wo Sports Centre and occasionally Tai Po Sports Centre. I have another group of people whom I play with out in Kowloon but the location varies from place to place.

Same here, I play for fun too. I don't enter competitions but we like to be competitive.

I'm all for meeting up to play some time and testing out rackets but I'm pretty sure that the SW35 is the only one of my bunch that you'd be even remotely interested in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally, i play with SW35.
    -- I LOVE IT --

Clear, smash and drive is very good. For power smash TC700 still win, but it's more easy to make rapid smash with SW35.
    And i feel sw35 more quick & sharp than TC700 and W7. Great racket

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It took a few games for me to get used to my SW35 too... And I was using a VT80 3u!!!

But after I got used to it, I fell in love with it! It's forgiving when I make mistakes. It packs a wallop for power. And the most important thing was that the shaft is predictable. That was my BIGGEST issue with the VT80... The shaft flexes at the worst time.. My shots goes flying wayyyy out!!! Sold the Vt80 and kept the SW35 as my head heavy racquet :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play now with a Sotx Woven 9 and I'm searching for a replacement. Which would be better Arc10, VT70 or SW35?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lukasy, my neighbour (I'm from D),

actually you can get 2 SW35 for the price of a VT70 or an ARC10.
    Based on specs, a 4U or a light 3U will match in terms of weight. Something slightly headheavy balance and a midstiff shaft. Maybe SW35 too stiff for you and arc10 too heavy overall.
    4U VT70 or 4U At900 Technique should be close to your Woven 9, but this is the SW35 thread, so I would recommend the SW35 3U if you can handle something stiffer and a tiny bit heavier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lukasy, my neighbour (I'm from D),

actually you can get 2 SW35 for the price of a VT70 or an ARC10.
    Based on specs, a 4U or a light 3U will match in terms of weight. Something slightly headheavy balance and a midstiff shaft. Maybe SW35 too stiff for you and arc10 too heavy overall.
    4U VT70 or 4U At900 Technique should be close to your Woven 9, but this is the SW35 thread, so I would recommend the SW35 3U if you can handle something stiffer and a tiny bit heavier.
    But I want something a little heavier.
    I don't know if I could handle something stiffer and head heavier

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lukasy View Post
    But I want something a little heavier.
    I don't know if I could handle something stiffer and head heavier
    For something 85g+ you can try VT70 (3U) and ARC10. ARC10 is stiffer while VT70 is head heavier. ARC10 is a superb racket.
    For less head heavy feeling you can add some athletic grip under your normal grip of the VT70. In this case a 4U would be better if you want keep close to the weight of your current racket.
    BTW: More mass in the head helps to flex a stiff shaft.
    In terms of flex you can take a look at BS11 and SW 36.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For something 85g+ you can try VT70 (3U) and ARC10. ARC10 is stiffer while VT70 is head heavier. ARC10 is a superb racket.
    For less head heavy feeling you can add some athletic grip under your normal grip of the VT70. In this case a 4U would be better if you want keep close to the weight of your current racket.
    BTW: More mass in the head helps to flex a stiff shaft.
    In terms of flex you can take a look at BS11 and SW 36.
    Thanks for the info. I will try a VT70 Friday and I already tried a Arc10. I can't demo a Victor . I really want to try some Victors like the BS09 and the SW35

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xofrevlis View Post
    Well, I've just come back from my first session using SW35 and I'm afraid to say that the results weren't really ideal. Indeed, it proved difficult to make the jump from my usual medium flex even balanced rackets.

At the front of the court, I didn't notice much difference with the netplay. Then again, this is one aspect of the game which I never notice. It seems to play the same way no matter which combination of racket and string I use. Killing the rallies was quite difficult because I had trouble generating enough racket-head speed from short swings.

The mid-court area went better. Drives seem to fly a little faster.

On to the rear court. The owner said that I might have to put more power into my strokes to play clears but I didn't really find that to be the case. It seemed easier to clear to the back of the court. Backhand clears are about the same; they reach the back of the court without having to put any more or less power than I do for my usual rackets. Even though it felt more cumbersome to move the racket around, my defence didn't seem like there were more holes than usual but I feel that I wasn't really tested much in that department today.

Unfortunately, my biggest issue is the lack of this fabled power the racket is supposed to produce. First of all, I really do have to put everything into a smash to produce anything threatening. The other thing is that I really don't think that I played a single smash all night which impressed myself.

My shoulder, tricep, elbow and forearm are feeling the strain at this time, but this is a good thing in my book. I remember experiencing the same thing when I was making the transition from a flexible racket to the medium flex racket and once I got used to it I felt that I really reaped the results.

Here's hoping that my body can get used to the racket and that it does so quickly.
    Don't worry, many people experience the same thing, especially in mid-court area where you need to generate faster head speed for those fast stick smashes and drives.

Take my advice and wrap some athletic tape underneath the grip; your swing speed will increase dramatically and you'll find that your defence will improve, and that your smashes will become really easy to execute. It worked like a charm for me. Let me know how it goes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take my advice and wrap some athletic tape underneath the grip; your swing speed will increase dramatically and you'll find that your defence will improve, and that your smashes will become really easy to execute. It worked like a charm for me. Let me know how it goes [/QUOTE]
    What do you mean by athletic tape?
    How do wrap it underneath the grip?
    Would help greatly if you have a picture to show.
    Becos Im keen to give it a go too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[/QUOTE]What do you mean by athletic tape?
    How do wrap it underneath the grip?
    Would help greatly if you have a picture to show.
    Becos Im keen to give it a go too.[/QUOTE]

I don't have my athletic with me at the moment as i left it at university, but if you go onto ebay, its just the white zinc oxide tape (although another thick tape could work ie duct tape etc.), its thin so it wont make your handle any thicker, it's light so hardly adds anything to the overall weight of the racket, and it won't change the balance point too much. It will however make the head swing faster as the tiny extra weight will make the pivot point (if i can call it that) a little lower down the shaft.

To apply it, you simply take off the base grip so that it's just the wooden handle, then you simply wrap the tape around as if you were wrapping a grip over the handle. I usually wrap it until it reaches around 3/4 of the way up, but you can vary the amount depending on what feels best. After that, simply put the main grip back on and you're ready to go.
    Your racket should now swing a lot faster, but there's no worry that it may feel headlight and powerless because the weight in the head hasn't gone anywhere, it's still there, but just goes faster without you having to put more effort into your swing. From my experience, its more powerful, relaxing and fun to play with. I especially like the backhand clears with it, as I only have to flick my wrist without any help from the rest of my body and it flies to the baseline

Give it a try and let me know what you think

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really see the logic. You're adding weight but it feels lighter?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nooo, the racket weight stays pretty much the same, but it becomes more headlight when you swing it.

Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast