User Tag List

Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just broke my SW35 in a big clash. My doubles partner kicked my from behind. RIP SW35, it served me well for an entire year. My luck is that 2 days ago i just have ordered another piece. Long live SW35.

I just love this racket, but i will keep it from now on only for singles. It's too valuable to break it into doubles games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by matsu_des View Post
    I know it doesn't become more headlight, it just feels more headlight because it swings faster.
    As for it swinging faster, it definitely does and I know thats a fact because when I defend without the tape, its really hard and sluggish, but with the tape, it's just sooo much faster and easier. The same with wrist smashes, without the tape, it's really hard to do because of the long shaft and head heaviness.

The same thing happens when you add an overgrip, but I was just suggesting this to the guy from hk because he said that it will make the grip too fat. It's just an alternate solution
    Talking about this... I would have to agree with matsu_des... I just got my SW35 not long ago (from BC forumer) and the first time I try it, the racket really has the head heavy feeling and it has only a layer of replacement grip on, without the ori grip. Since I found the grip too thin for my liking, I added another layer of replacement grip and this time, the racket does felt less head heady... significant feelings in my opinion. The prob I have now is that the grip is too fat and too 'head light'... so I will try one replacement grip with another overgrip next... :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the solutions is to add more grip on it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought the SW 35 a while back, first time I held it felt soooo heavy, so I tried to add an overgrip to balance it out and I must say the feel, smash and defence is great! I noticed it today when I played doubles. I struggled with defending smashes with my BS 15 and I decided to switch to my SW35 all of a sudden I could defend those smashes!

Quote Originally Posted by davlee View Post
    Talking about this... I would have to agree with matsu_des... I just got my SW35 not long ago (from BC forumer) and the first time I try it, the racket really has the head heavy feeling and it has only a layer of replacement grip on, without the ori grip. Since I found the grip too thin for my liking, I added another layer of replacement grip and this time, the racket does felt less head heady... significant feelings in my opinion. The prob I have now is that the grip is too fat and too 'head light'... so I will try one replacement grip with another overgrip next... :P
    Try the karakal nano 60overgrip. I had mine stretched out maybe I used 50% of the overgrip or even less.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by karyaw View Post
    So the solutions is to add more grip on it?
    bro, add 1-2g at bottom of butt cap. It improve maneuverability when u gripping higher up the handle and make the head feel lighter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha..lol..i am using sw 35 also..currently using karakal pu super grip..any nice grip to introduce?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hypadunkz View Post
    I bought the SW 35 a while back, first time I held it felt soooo heavy, so I tried to add an overgrip to balance it out and I must say the feel, smash and defence is great! I noticed it today when I played doubles. I struggled with defending smashes with my BS 15 and I decided to switch to my SW35 all of a sudden I could defend those smashes!

Try the karakal nano 60overgrip. I had mine stretched out maybe I used 50% of the overgrip or even less.
    I was thinking about buying a bs15 because the sw35 was a tad too slow for doubles compared to my mx80, and I heard that it was pretty powerful.

What's your take on it, compared with the sw35 in terms of power, speed etc?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there anyone who has tried both 3u and 4u? Today I tried using a 4u SW35 and noticed it took awhile to generate good smashes. It also wasnt a forgiving racket when it came to smashes compared to when I use Wilson K Tour or AT900T. After I got the hang of smashes the timing the smashes felt great but were not that strong. But defense, control, and clearing were amazing good and easy. But I never got the chance to try it and no shops nearby have it. I don't want to commit to anything without knowledge of 3u vs 4u. Any advice or knowledge anyone can spare?

(oh and btw I'm an all around player and play singles and doubles).

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I've had both 4U and 3U SW35's. I think if you've got the strength to overcome the stiffness, then the 3U is the way to go. If you're borderline, the 4U with a softer string and a pound or two less tension is a better option - you'll get the best combo of smash power and speed that way.

Generally though, if you find everything is working except the smashes, then you can either change strings and try a lower tension, or get a heavier example.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ which one did you like more? I have the strength to overcome stiffness its just that I worry if my defense will drastically decrease if i get 3u. But then again, ill never know until I try. I feel like I need to compromise one or the other. But if 3U is well built for all around play then I will gladly choose it. Was your defense and maneuverability still okay with the 3u?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skewlz View Post
    Is there anyone who has tried both 3u and 4u? Today I tried using a 4u SW35 and noticed it took awhile to generate good smashes. It also wasnt a forgiving racket when it came to smashes compared to when I use Wilson K Tour or AT900T. After I got the hang of smashes the timing the smashes felt great but were not that strong. But defense, control, and clearing were amazing good and easy. But I never got the chance to try it and no shops nearby have it. I don't want to commit to anything without knowledge of 3u vs 4u. Any advice or knowledge anyone can spare?

(oh and btw I'm an all around player and play singles and doubles).
    Drop by Racket Supply in Cupertino, I think they have a 3U available to demo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahah yeah i was actually thinking about that. ill probably drop by and check it out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and btw, does anyone know how this racket is in comparison to the AT900P/T and Wilson K Tour? Does it have better defensive capabilities and lighter feel than both? I've almost made up my mind to go with ordering the 3U SW35, but I just want to get some feedback before I whoop the wallet out haha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skewlz View Post
    and btw, does anyone know how this racket is in comparison to the AT900P/T and Wilson K Tour? Does it have better defensive capabilities and lighter feel than both? I've almost made up my mind to go with ordering the 3U SW35, but I just want to get some feedback before I whoop the wallet out haha.
    SW35 is both more maneuverable and more powerful than the AT900P which is the most similar racket class out of the three you mentioned. Haven't used an AT900T much but AT's have their head weight concentrated at 12 o'clock whereas the SW35 has the weight evenly distributed, so it'll feel less like a hammer.

K Tour... don't know anything about it but I really doubt it can compare. SW35 is a great racket

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

when playing doubles i use this racket the most because it feels the best, but somehow, there's a certain feel of the racket being hollow that i don't like. my Yonex, Carlton, and Wilson rackets feel a bit more "solid". not sure if it's the vibration from the racket i don't like, but heck, i play the best and this racket feels the best in my hand, so i'm sticking to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gundamzaku View Post
    when playing doubles i use this racket the most because it feels the best, but somehow, there's a certain feel of the racket being hollow that i don't like. my Yonex, Carlton, and Wilson rackets feel a bit more "solid". not sure if it's the vibration from the racket i don't like, but heck, i play the best and this racket feels the best in my hand, so i'm sticking to it.
    Maybe not hollow, but Victors do feel quite a bit more "zingy" compared to the Yonex dampened feel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sweet! Thanks Bluetornado, gundamzaku, and Maklike_Tier! Your feedback really helped my decision!

Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast