User Tag List

Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast
Results 545 to 561 of 610
  1. #545
    Regular Member gundamzaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Santa Clara County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,501
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blableblibloblu View Post
    Are there differences in paintjobs with different generations of the sw35?

    I've seen someone at my club the other day and his didn't have 'square head shape' written on the top of the frame.
    Also, on the bottom right part of the racquet head, it was written 'aerodynamic' on both sides instead of once on one side and 'super waves' on the other
    i've been looking in both Asia and US market for Victor and i haven't seen any other legit paintjobs. maybe the "square head shape" print was just completely chipped off? or do they do it the other way around where they put the sticker of those words on the racket frame first, then spray paint the racket to finish the paint job in which then you have no way of scraping the lettering off unless you peel the paint job off as well?

  2. #546
    Regular Member gundamzaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Santa Clara County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,501
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    nbg99 or bg80/bg80power for power strings. if you like a bit of everything, vs850 is the ultimate way to go! but i am completely and utterly biased when talking about vs850 because it just suits my way of playing better than any other string. however, i do try my best to be objective when i'm doing a comparison

  3. #547
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    328
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gundamzaku View Post
    i've been looking in both Asia and US market for Victor and i haven't seen any other legit paintjobs. maybe the "square head shape" print was just completely chipped off? or do they do it the other way around where they put the sticker of those words on the racket frame first, then spray paint the racket to finish the paint job in which then you have no way of scraping the lettering off unless you peel the paint job off as well?
    no his racquet was almost new

    ill try to get him to take a picture of it and post it here

  4. #548
    Regular Member gundamzaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Santa Clara County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,501
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blableblibloblu View Post
    no his racquet was almost new

    ill try to get him to take a picture of it and post it here
    i bought my racket from racket supply in cupertino. from what i've heard through the grapevine, they've been shady about their yonex products, so whenever i purchase something from them i'm very skeptical even tho i've never heard anything bad about their victor product. i am not going to jump the gun and say your friend's got a fake because i might be playing with a fake. fortunately for me, i've checked via various places and have asked different badminton clubs that has a pro shop within and they all say my racket's legit. so i'm guess it could just be that they "forgot" that tiny little part during production since some assembly of rackets still requires heavy human labor? i'm also going to go check my racket and see if the sticker is stuck before or after the paint job.

  5. #549
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    328
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gundamzaku View Post
    i bought my racket from racket supply in cupertino. from what i've heard through the grapevine, they've been shady about their yonex products, so whenever i purchase something from them i'm very skeptical even tho i've never heard anything bad about their victor product. i am not going to jump the gun and say your friend's got a fake because i might be playing with a fake. fortunately for me, i've checked via various places and have asked different badminton clubs that has a pro shop within and they all say my racket's legit. so i'm guess it could just be that they "forgot" that tiny little part during production since some assembly of rackets still requires heavy human labor? i'm also going to go check my racket and see if the sticker is stuck before or after the paint job.
    Well here's whats different:
    -the red paint on the top half part is darker (compared to my 3 sw35)
    -fonts arent the same
    -victor logo on the tjoint seems smaller
    -says aerodynamic instead of super waves on the bottom right part of the head
    -theres no white square/rectangle behind the bka logo on the cone

    But the thing is that it seems just as stiff, has the same headshape/racket length as well as grommet holes being precisely at the same spots

    I'll just try to get a hold of a picture and post it here shortly

  6. #550
    Regular Member BlueTornado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bay Area, USA
    Posts
    793
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blableblibloblu View Post
    Well here's whats different:
    -the red paint on the top half part is darker (compared to my 3 sw35)
    -fonts arent the same
    -victor logo on the tjoint seems smaller
    -says aerodynamic instead of super waves on the bottom right part of the head
    -theres no white square/rectangle behind the bka logo on the cone

    But the thing is that it seems just as stiff, has the same headshape/racket length as well as grommet holes being precisely at the same spots

    I'll just try to get a hold of a picture and post it here shortly
    I have seen some variations in paint jobs among Victor rackets like you've described. For example, the newer SW30 also says aerodynamic at 5 o'clock on the head. I've also seen different shades of red between differently coded, but both legit, BS11's. I've also seen some Victor rackets that have the BKA logo on one country code and don't have it on the other country code.

    It might have to do with the factory in which each racket is produced, and I do think they occasionally change the paintjob over time - the best example of this being the first gen Braveswords saying 'Brave Sword' whereas the newer ones saying merely 'Sword.' However, they're not going to advertise a new edition of a racket when all they did is change some paint decal, so you wouldn't really know that they've changed it. If you're buying from a trustworthy store then I wouldn't worry about it too much.

  7. #551
    Regular Member gundamzaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Santa Clara County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,501
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blableblibloblu View Post
    Well here's whats different:
    -the red paint on the top half part is darker (compared to my 3 sw35)
    -fonts arent the same
    -victor logo on the tjoint seems smaller
    -says aerodynamic instead of super waves on the bottom right part of the head
    -theres no white square/rectangle behind the bka logo on the cone

    But the thing is that it seems just as stiff, has the same headshape/racket length as well as grommet holes being precisely at the same spots

    I'll just try to get a hold of a picture and post it here shortly
    not sure about your friend's racket, but at least you and i have the same racket with the same paint scheme, so we're good.

  8. #552
    Regular Member ant01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    213
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skewlz View Post
    Hey guys!

    Just had my first session with my SW35! Lots of people said this racket is not friendly to people who are not familiar with it, that is very true! However, once getting used to the racket I found it amazing in every single aspect. Smashes are crazy strong once you get used to the timing and defense is amazingly easy. Very maneuverable racket, actually one of the most out of all the rackets I've played with. Clears were a breeze and backhand clears were pretty strong too.

    Funny thing at first I wanted to trade mine in to get a 3U BS10. But since my friend got it I was able to try both. My 4U SW35 feels heavier than his 3U BS10. (dont get me wrong BS10 is an amazing racket in its own merits as well, I plan to buy that one too). After we exchanged rackets for a little, he agreed he loved the SW35 more than his BS10.

    SW35 performed amazing in both singles and doubles and I think anyone on the fence about buying this racket should really give it a try. In time, once you get used to the racket, it will really treat you well. Best all around racket I've ever used.
    Late to the show but I completely agree, SW35 is simply amazing I wasn't used to the head heaviness at first but once I got used to it then I got awesome power out of it. I love doing net/drop shots and they aren't a problem either. Although like other head heavy racquets the defense might be a bit slower, but it hasn't troubled me so far.

    My brother and I actually like it so much it's now our main racquet after trying quite a few different ones...and the first racquet that we've bought more than one. But I heard from one supplier that SW35 is going to be discontinued shortly...so is there anywhere left in Europe to buy these beauties?

  9. #553
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    puchong, malaysia
    Posts
    544
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    thinking to get one of this.

    i play only md. for me, at700 is 'over limit' in term of head heaviness. at900s r the limit.

    stiffness wise, i can 'do' with bs10 and ns9900 albeit a bit 'sore' on shoulder but manageable.

    any opinion?

  10. #554
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,314
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by concretemad View Post
    thinking to get one of this.

    i play only md. for me, at700 is 'over limit' in term of head heaviness. at900s r the limit.

    stiffness wise, i can 'do' with bs10 and ns9900 albeit a bit 'sore' on shoulder but manageable.

    any opinion?
    Go for it

  11. #555
    Regular Member BlueTornado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bay Area, USA
    Posts
    793
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by concretemad View Post
    thinking to get one of this.

    i play only md. for me, at700 is 'over limit' in term of head heaviness. at900s r the limit.

    stiffness wise, i can 'do' with bs10 and ns9900 albeit a bit 'sore' on shoulder but manageable.

    any opinion?
    This won't be as head heavy as at700 so you're okay there, but this is definitely stiffer than the BS10. Maybe doable, but watch the shoulder.

  12. #556
    Regular Member gundamzaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Santa Clara County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,501
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueTornado View Post
    This won't be as head heavy as at700 so you're okay there, but this is definitely stiffer than the BS10. Maybe doable, but watch the shoulder.
    i am very surprised to see many people are commenting that this racket is stiff because i play pretty well with it and i generally suck with stiff rackets....confused.

  13. #557
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,512
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Only Superwave 35 balance point can match z force.

  14. #558
    Regular Member BlueTornado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bay Area, USA
    Posts
    793
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gundamzaku View Post
    i am very surprised to see many people are commenting that this racket is stiff because i play pretty well with it and i generally suck with stiff rackets....confused.
    Perhaps there are other factors causing you to play better with it? I remember I played pretty well with it when I used it, but that didn't change the fact that it was still quite stiff.

  15. #559
    Regular Member betazone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    172
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Just got mine 4U SW35 2 weeks back, tried for 2 sessions till date, great racquet has both power and speed, complement the 4U VT80 that I am using now very well. Lose out to VT80 in power just slightly, but much easier to manoueuvre for defence and net shots.

  16. #560
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,945
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    it is with immense sadness to announce that, according to some of my sources, Victor Super Waves 35 will be discontinued next year.

    i will be keeping my 2 copies of SW35 very close to me as they have been one of the "go to" racket that i seek whenever i look for the best attacking racket with a great touch and feel.

    very sad day indeed.

  17. #561
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    3,955
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    it is with immense sadness to announce that, according to some of my sources, Victor Super Waves 35 will be discontinued next year.

    i will be keeping my 2 copies of SW35 very close to me as they have been one of the "go to" racket that i seek whenever i look for the best attacking racket with a great touch and feel.

    very sad day indeed.
    It is a sad news kwun. SW35 has been one of the main rackets by Victor to gain market share. I am just questioning are they discontinuing a product at the right time.

Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FS: Victor Super Waves 35 (3 x Matching Set) and Victor The Legend Zhao Jian Hua Racquet
    By tpcml in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 7
    : 01-22-2012, 05:16 AM
  2. victor super waves 37 vs super waves 35
    By TheSmasherKing in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 4
    : 10-31-2011, 04:42 AM
  3. FS: Victor Power Waves 11 & Super Waves 31
    By cappius in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 08-24-2008, 08:20 PM
  4. Victor Power Waves 12 or Victor Super Nano 5
    By rexlu in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 27
    : 10-21-2007, 02:12 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •