"Jiangsu" China Badminton Team sponsered by Yonex

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Deathsticks, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Deathsticks

Deathsticks Regular Member

2009/10/01
    On September 29, Jiangsu Badminton Team has been agreed to sign a contract with Yonex as a title sponsor and we had a press conference at the Nanjing Sport Institute.

Jiangsu Badminton Team is the best team in China, most national team members belong to the team, like Cai Yun (Beijing Olympics men's doubles silver medalist), Chen Jin (Beijing Olympics men's singles bronze medalist) and Lu Lan (One of the member of Thomas and Uber Cup champion). This team also has turned out 15 world champions and 3 Olympic gold medalists so far.

The president of Nanjing Sport Institute, Mr. Zhang said, "The best sponsor is going to support us, we have to show the best performance."
    "Jiangsu Badminton Team will make their debut as "Jiangsu Yonex" at the National Games of the People's Republic of China, which will be held from October 8th to 18th.

Mr. Zhang (The president of Nanjing Sport Institute), Mr. Sun (The head coach of the Jiangsu Badminton Team) and the badminton players attended this press conference.
    There were 10 medias including 5 newspaper companies and 2 televisions.
    -taken from yonex's website

dosent say if there going to use Yonex's rackets o.o

2. dunmaster

dunmaster Regular Member

interesting. looks like those provincal teams can pick their own sponsors. thanks for sharing.

3. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    same thing like in Korea..I have been told that.Yonex is still sponsoring Korean players on National level ( meaning on national or domestic games)..( correct me if I am wrong).in International, Korea is with Victor...
    During private sale of Yonex in Tokyo recently ..BCL, Chen long and others showed up and see which shirts they would like to buy...not sure if they can wear it though..I have to say that onex made in japan has much better quality ..

4. xXazn_romeoXx

xXazn_romeoXx Regular Member

North American Technical Director for Oliver Sport
    i didn't think this new news...cause isn't Bayi still with SOTX? and therefore, Lin Dan still SOTX? cause that's how SOTX is advertising still here..or just late to update..

5. Deathsticks

Deathsticks Regular Member

Lin dan with Stox? o.o
    lin dan was with yonex before 2009 and currently with Li Ning
    They were never with STOX o.o

6. xXazn_romeoXx

I believe you've misunderstood me in relation to this topic. Players are sponsored by whichever level they play (i.e. National, Provincial, City...etc) the national level in China is currently Li-Ning and Yonex before (as you stated and probably everyone knows). However, on a provincial level (i.e. when they play the national games or any representation at the provincial level, they use whatever is sponsored to them at the provincal level. As another member point out in previous post, that yonex is still sponsoring some Korean players at a provincial/state level. But that's only within national games etc. which was what my point was (since Bayi is the province Lin Dan plays for, and it is sponsored by SOTX, therefore, SOTX sponsors Lin Dan...but at the provincial level)...it's the same here in a sense, since a former national player i know is sponsored by Black Knight but in International tournaments involving Canada, he had to use Yonex, since Yonex sponsors the national team...this wouldn't be true if a player had their own contract with their sponsor (i.e. contract which binds them no matter which level they play at, and is sponsoring specifically only the player, and not a team etc)

7. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

LN snatched Bayi away from SOTX this year and took Guangdong away from Flex.

Yonex has been sponsoring Jiangsu for awhile. Before Yonex, its sponsor was Goosen.

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
  9. xXazn_romeoXx

lol man, I guess SOTX is late at updating...does anyone have a list of the companies that all the provinces are sponsored by? it'd be good to take a look at variation within the provinces in China itself...I never knew Guangdong had been with flex...I always thought it was yonex...

10. dunmaster

dunmaster Regular Member

during the 11th Chinese national games, JiangSu teams are still using Li Ning rackets.