Adding Grip Weight

Discussion in 'Grip' started by jaiyen, Oct 4, 2009.

1. jaiyen

jaiyen Regular Member

Student
    HI guys and Thanks in advanced

Trying to come with ideas to add weight to the grip of my racket in an attempt to change the Balance point of the racket.

Heres the Problem: I have Small hands and like tiny grips.....to give you an idea... I mainly use a Arc10 3U G5 with Electrical tape (to sweat getting to wood) and 1 YY super grap (on pretty tight)

Any ideas much appreciated, thanks again

PS: anyone know what the rubber thing you can out on the top of the grip around the cap is? or were to get 1?

#1 jaiyen, Oct 4, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  2. blindfury

blindfury Regular Member

i attempted putting leadtapes under the overgrip of a mp99 once, somehow i was able to generate one incredibly strong smash, but i didnt follow through with the use tho, it was an interesting experience.

i got one roll of that black grip-end tape that you're talking about, from a local badminton store, i think those are basically electrical tape with insulation from heat/electricity or something, the smoothness makes it less likely to be interfered by air friction.

3. jaiyen

jaiyen Regular Member

Student
    lol going to my hardware store :p.....thnx alot

4. 3radius

3radius Regular Member

i had yonex titanium pro 30 that was a little light and shorter than my usual newer racquets. i took off the end yonex green cap, put 3 coins inside and some double sided tape. it extended the racquet length and also made it slightly heavier, but much less head heavy in balance. is this a crazy idea?

5. jaiyen

jaiyen Regular Member

Student
    no, thats a really good idea....im just worried about the green cap coming off

6. petert1401

petert1401 Regular Member

Yes that's a crazy idea. You need to get away from thinking about the static balance point of the racquet (the BP quoted in the specs), and start thinking about swing weight and angular momentum.

Adding weight at the pivot point of a lever (read 'handle of a badminton racquet') does nothing to change the angular momentum of a racquet when it is swung - and therefore does nothing to incease smash power, change swing timing or anything else. All it does is make the racquet heavier to lug around and therefore slower - not good :mad:

7. jaiyen

jaiyen Regular Member

Student
    Your right but im not trying to achieve any of this. just like the feeling of head light racket....

8. Simeon

Simeon Regular Member

Carpenter,Joiner
    Good! This post should be sticky.

In fact all weight on the handle is bad. But we just can not avoid having materia there because we need correct size for our palm.

9. mindfields

mindfields Regular Member

Why buy a Arc 10 then? Get a balanced racquet to start off with.