Where to get 9826AI in Singapore??

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by ckzx93, Oct 6, 2009.

1. ckzx93

ckzx93 Regular Member

Student
    Hello. Recently, I have decided to get a new bag to replace my old one which is at the brink of failing. I hate its flimsy body too. I intend to get the Yonex 9826AI or the Yonex 9824 (preferably the 9826AI:D) , however after much effort in asking around, I am only told that if I wanted the bag, they would have to import it from Japan and thus would cost a bomb:(, prolly a few hundreds, however I have not checked the stores at Queensway. I would like to check here if I would be able to find them there and get an idea on how the price would probably be like. Thank you. I hope to get invaluable advice as soon as possible.:p

Here are the links to the pictures:

9826AI and 9824

#1 ckzx93, Oct 6, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  2. aramistuscany

aramistuscany Regular Member

Both these models will be arriving in Sports Life soon. Their price will definitely not be a few hundred dollars.

3. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Not sure if Artric Sports still carry stocks for 9826AI. Perhaps you can give Mr. Lim a ring (Phone: 6753 6486). The 9824 was still available last weekend when I was at his 'shop'. Both bags were imported from Taiwan by Mr. Lim and are TW versions ie made in Taiwan and close to JP quality. The finishing is much better than the SP version but you should be prepared to pay a premium for the bags (up to S$120).

The 79XX series is also available at Artric (also imported from Taiwan):
    http://www.yonex.com/badminton/bag/tournament.html

Alternatively you can consider ordering the bag online from www.tenniswarehouse.com and use www.vpost.com.sg to ship the bag back to Singapore if you wish to save some money on shipping.
    http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageBGYONEX-YAPSB.html

cheers

4. huangxl

huangxl Regular Member

Student
    Try the sintec shop at jurong east sports hall. I think i saw 9824 there as i bought my 9829 there. I think it is going for about $50 if i am correct

5. ckzx93

ckzx93 Regular Member

Student
    Hey. Thanks for all the suggestions. I have already called Mr Lim. He said that everything is sold out. But he will inform me when the bags come. And the price is $85.

6. ckzx93

ckzx93 Regular Member

Student
    By the way, may I know the exact address of Arctic Sports please? Thank you so much!:)

7. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Is the price for 6 or 9 racket bag?

Mr. Lim used to have a shop at Sembawang Shopping Centre (before the upgrading of the mall). He now operates from home at 9, Sembong Road opposite Sembawang Shopping Centre.
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1096126&postcount=1761

While you are there, you may wish to take a look at the range of Fischer, Toalson etc rackets available.

8. ckzx93

ckzx93 Regular Member

Student
    Thanks for the information about the various shops and Arctic Sports. $85 is for the 6 racket version. If the 9 racket version is not much of a difference, I think I will get it.