all on badminton gears

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by angelus_2012, Nov 1, 2002.

1. angelus_2012

angelus_2012 Regular Member

:) hi everybody, i got a few more questions to ask.... and one poll

i see that Yonex Cab20 Muscle is now getting more popular... but it is an update to the old Cab20, is it? so , what's the differences?

those rackets that incorporates Ultimum Ti from Yonex are stiffed shafts or flexible shaft? would a flexible shaft will break if it was applied on a high tension string and a powerful swing to hit the birdie?

there is the slim shaft and those with thick shafts.. what's the use of Widebody feature that had thick shaft and quite heavier than non Widebody rackets?

i heard that some shuttles will last longer if it was put into a fridge for two hours before play... is this true?

lastly , can anyone suggest a best of the line racket from Yonex besides the Ti-10, MPs, and Iso Ti Swing Power? Those rackets are just too expensive here...

thanks guys..

2. Stalker

Stalker Regular Member

hi angelus! :)

i think that the only difference between the old cab20 and the new one is that the new one has the Muscle Power frame. The UltimumTi racquets differ in flexibility but most of them have medium-extra stiff shafts. On the contrary, I think that when you hit the shuttle with a flexible racquet with a high tension string, it wont break since it IS flexible. (meaning it can flex). And I think that the racquet manufacturers should have thought of this coz if flexible, high tension racquets would start breaking, no one would buy from them. :rolleyes: :)

3. angelus_2012

ic,, well , i had a low end Fleet racket at 23/24lbs and it has a flexible shaft.. i'm afraid that the shaft will break, cos it has a strange sound on the shaft...
    p/s you're on my buddy list:)

4. angelus_2012

anyway, whats the differences in Musle Power frame..? is it because of the sponge like thinger on the strings hole? what does that thinger do btw?

5. jsevalle

jsevalle Regular Member

student
    By the way, the Muscle Power frame has those "bumps" between the holes.

6. Stalker

Stalker Regular Member

What kinda strange sounds? have you checked for cracks?

The muscle power frame is supposed to maximize energy transfer by making the string and frame much closer together to minimize energy loss. (at least thats what yonex says! :rolleyes: ) :cool:

P.S. your on my buddy list too!

7. benfok

benfok Regular Member

Electrical Engineer
    Sometime the cone can make a strange sound because the glue that holds the cone and the wooden handle together is delaminating.

If you shaft is making noise, chances are it is fratured. Save up some money and buy another racquet. I own the MP77 and I love it over my CAB23 and boron 2.

I didn't realized this but the MP100 is actually longer than my MMP77, which is already a long racquet compared to racquet.

Ben

8. benfok

benfok Regular Member

Electrical Engineer
    ... compared to other standard length racquet.

Ben