User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 48
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    225
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default New Li Ning Clothing

    Just wondering if anyone saw or tried the new badminton clothing released by Li Ning. By now we should all know that the material is lightweight and absorb sweat which is different than the current dryfit clothing... but once the thing is soaked... doesnt the extra weight makes it worse?

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Toronto,Ontario
    Posts
    1,175
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Its not worth getting... Just look at the Chinese National players wearing the LN jerseys at Sudirman Cup, horrible sweat absorbers it is not comfortable for players to wear. Good to stay away from it.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    53
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HaoFung View Post
    Just wondering if anyone saw or tried the new badminton clothing released by Li Ning. By now we should all know that the material is lightweight and absorb sweat which is different than the current dryfit clothing... but once the thing is soaked... doesnt the extra weight makes it worse?
    Just take a look at the Lin Dan matches. He's like soaking wet!

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    whether LN's shirt is better or not can be debated in another thread. My puzzlement is, why don't the players change their LN shirts between games? I can't believe LN only supply 1 shirt to each player. Even non-playing chinese players were wearing LN shirts and jackets. Surely a dry shirt, of any brand or technology, is better than a soaking wet one.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    225
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i have Li Ning dry shirts and they are equal to Yonex's but if the company decided to use a new material that costs so much more... there must be something to them... im sure the sweat issue has been considered before

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    53
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    whether LN's shirt is better or not can be debated in another thread. My puzzlement is, why don't the players change their LN shirts between games? I can't believe LN only supply 1 shirt to each player. Even non-playing chinese players were wearing LN shirts and jackets. Surely a dry shirt, of any brand or technology, is better than a soaking wet one.
    That's really strange. Lin Dan hasn't changed even 1 time during the match. he was really sweating. Won't his sweat drip on the court? Or make himself heavier?

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    60
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    or have you considered mybe Li Ning specifically designed the shirt to be light weight and that lin dan doesnt feel it clinging to him ?

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    London & Penang
    Posts
    6,628
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    perhaps LD just wanted to avoid to collective sighs echoing around the arena whenever he takes off his shirt. maybe it's a directive from XXF!

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    60
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ROFL ^ true
    just too hot

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nieuwegein
    Posts
    33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Isn't it forbidden by the rules to switch shirt between the 1ste and 2nd set?

    I thought its legal to change shirts between the 2nd and the 3rd.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    London & Penang
    Posts
    6,628
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    really?
    that would be a strange rule if it were true.
    i don't see how changing your shirt after any set could be illegal, as long as you do it during the allocated time.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamerx View Post
    That's really strange. Lin Dan hasn't changed even 1 time during the match. he was really sweating. Won't his sweat drip on the court? Or make himself heavier?
    drip or no drip isn't the matter, basic thermodynamic principles still apply.
    If that LN design is superior, then LN sure out smarted the addidas, yonex, nike, fila, and other high end sport shirt makers because all the latter companies use technology like coolfit, dri-fit, coolmax, etc to do the opposite.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by quik_silver View Post
    Its not worth getting... Just look at the Chinese National players wearing the LN jerseys at Sudirman Cup, horrible sweat absorbers it is not comfortable for players to wear. Good to stay away from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    whether LN's shirt is better or not can be debated in another thread. My puzzlement is, why don't the players change their LN shirts between games? I can't believe LN only supply 1 shirt to each player. Even non-playing chinese players were wearing LN shirts and jackets. Surely a dry shirt, of any brand or technology, is better than a soaking wet one.

    I think it's too early for us to say, as we only see it, but never actually feel it. We are basically judging something brand new, using our old standard.

    Back then, my mom always suggest me to get "100% cotton" shirt for gym, as that's the only thing "comfortable", and won't cause any issue for me (as I have very sensitive skin, and used to have bad experience with poly.) However, after i bought a few new shirts (Yonex, SOTX, Tactic, etc), the new material actually impressed her a lot. No more crazy smelly shirt in the laundry room, compare to my old super soaked 100% cutton ones.

    So, I guess we will wait and see, see how the actual user feel about the shirt. If they really feel the extra weight or limited movement, I am sure they can change a shirt in between sets, or at least, use a towel or so to soak up the water during breaks.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    225
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    drip or no drip isn't the matter, basic thermodynamic principles still apply.
    If that LN design is superior, then LN sure out smarted the addidas, yonex, nike, fila, and other high end sport shirt makers because all the latter companies use technology like coolfit, dri-fit, coolmax, etc to do the opposite.
    for hockey, rebook had an issue with their new jerseys being too "cool" and not absorbing sweat which allowed it to drip all over the equipment

    many players complained and they went back to their older design so i wouldnt be surprised if Li Ning decided to find something else

    also when u are sweating that much... i dont see urself feeling the shirt anyway.. even some dryfit clothing stick to me after a certain point

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    183
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think we shall set mandatory rule to let all female players use LN shirts only from now on to prompt badminton.....hahaha :P

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HaoFung View Post
    for hockey, rebook had an issue with their new jerseys being too "cool" and not absorbing sweat which allowed it to drip all over the equipment

    many players complained and they went back to their older design so i wouldnt be surprised if Li Ning decided to find something else

    also when u are sweating that much... i dont see urself feeling the shirt anyway.. even some dryfit clothing stick to me after a certain point
    then common sense tells me that why not go all the way like the irainian women players, wear head scarf and pants to play as well. To assure no drips, one should wear LN pants, underwear and bras (for the ladies) to complete the no-drip theme wardrobe
    Last edited by cooler; 05-22-2009 at 03:51 PM.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    382
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    A little off the topic, but I was in Shanghai and went to the Li Ning clothing shop, mostly badminton. They had an advertisement which said the Li Ning sponsored and supplied the national team with everything. There as even a LD racket they selling which was tailored for him. I seriously doubt Yonex rackets would be replaced with Li Ning rackets though.

    The clothes were very good looking and I got a jacket. I haven;t tried the shirts, but any lightweight holed shirt is good and lets the sweat escape.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. RSL Clothing
    By PopsiclePete in forum Clothing & Footwear
    Replies: 1
    : 08-24-2010, 09:54 PM
  2. Best place to buy Li-ning(clothing) online ?
    By shinta in forum Market Place
    Replies: 2
    : 05-30-2010, 05:19 AM
  3. Where do you buy your clothing from?
    By Easy Tiger in forum Clothing & Footwear
    Replies: 1
    : 11-24-2009, 10:27 PM
  4. Victor Clothing
    By Sealman in forum Clothing & Footwear
    Replies: 10
    : 08-16-2007, 11:31 AM
  5. Clothing in Calgary
    By Kenny in forum Market Place
    Replies: 0
    : 04-07-2004, 11:59 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •