Cab problem

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by TrunkZ69, Nov 2, 2002.

1. TrunkZ69

TrunkZ69 Regular Member

Student
    Ok, well, here goes.

I got a cab 10 tour, and im thinking of getting some sort of cab 20, most likely a cab 20 Muscle. My question is..... what is the differance between a cab 20 muscle and a cab 10 tour.

cab 10 tour --stiff--head heavy--high mod. carbon graphite
    cab 20 ms -- stiff -- slightly balanced towards the head? (need confirmations)--high mod. carbon graphite(also, the cab 23 has pretty much the exact same tech. stats as the cab 20 except it has a slightly diff. balance)

so, would upgrading be a good idea? its sorta hard for me to a hold of a cab 20 ms around here, i swung it around before, but i don't really know how well it plays. thats why im a little iffy on getting the cab 20. does anyone else see the problem im facing? Playing with my cab 10 is nice and dandy, i just seem to want the cab 20 really badly for one reason or another tho. cab 10 tour is on relatively the lower end of the cabs , correct? while the 20 is pretty much at the top, since bearly anyone praises the cab 23 or 25.

my main question is, is an upgrade even necessary? i know i know, personal preferance, i jsut wanna see waht others would do if you were in my place. ok, thx for reading and i hope it makes sense.

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Have you got the $$$ for a new racquet?

If you can afford it, and you want the racquet......................need I say more?

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Personally, I consider Cab20 MS is a well balanced racket. I got mine about 3 wks ago, 2U G4, strung with BG65 @ 20 lb. I put a overgrip, since I like the grip to be thin to gain more control for my net play.

Overall, I consider that I made a good purchase. For $USD 90 + S&H, I got a racket for all around play. I have good control, as well as enough power, whenever I need it. If u consider urself as an all around player or defensive player, I think it's not a bad choice in the high-price US market.

However, this racket is not head-heavy. Therefore, if u are an offensive player, who like the thunderous smash, u may think this racket is not as powerful as most of MP or Tiseries (personal thinking)

Hope this help a little bit.