Wrist Burn

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by tibetmonk, Oct 15, 2009.

1. tibetmonk

tibetmonk Regular Member

I have been playing badminton for a while but increased the frequency recently, playing about 3 times a week, 3 hrs on average per session. I'm more attack minded and will use a lot of my wrist power, coupled with jumps for smashes.

Recently I seem to have this burning sensation on my wrist (at the spot where people usually slit their wrists :p). Any idea why is this so and what it is caused by. It isn't really painful (not yet anyway), but is kinda irritating...

2. District9//

District9// Regular Member

Alien Relation Officer
    The effect of Impact and Momentum. The result is the absorption of your wrist by the Vibration cause in hitting the shuttlecock with the racket strings. Try to wear a good wrist band this early before developing tendisitis. Or rest a while from playing till your wrist go back to normal.

3. tibetmonk

tibetmonk Regular Member

Thanks District! Is it better to use a wrist guard instead of a wrist band?

4. District9//

District9// Regular Member

Alien Relation Officer
    Here in Johannesburg, a wrist guard has strong unflexible materials that inhibits wrist movement. It effect the shots drastically.
    I traveled before in Asia before and saw the kind of wrist bands there. They are made of flexible rubber and polyster that offers protection and support to the wrist and even improves stability and strength to the shots.
    I do suggest to take it more easy and cautios to give more time in healing rather than worsening the wear and tear! ;)

5. tibetmonk

tibetmonk Regular Member

Thanks! I think I know what kind of bands you're talking about. :)Yeah I agree rest will be the best medicine...

6. BadHustle

BadHustle Regular Member

kimpetai
    Got my curiosty on the Wrist Guard and Wrist Band. What are the differences, purposes and applications? I have a thesis requirement in school and this could be an interesting subject. I don't want to impose but if photos will be provided on the two, would get my deepest appreciation! Thanks.