World Class Footwork

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by aamir, Oct 17, 2009.

1. aamir

aamir Regular Member

coach
    It is very easy to move like the world class players, but most of the times we make it very complicated and been guided wrong. any way watch the video and comments please thanks
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bntGacew1Q4

amirg.com

#1 aamir, Oct 17, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
  2. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

I enjoyed the video. :)

It had a very narrow focus, as it concentrated on only the recovery movements from the round-the-head position. These essentially boiled down to either a walking step (after a clear), a running step (after a smash), or a chasse (after a drop). For many players, this narrow focus might be disappointing. However, it did mean that you covered one topic well, rather than lots of topics superficially.

When I buy a badminton video, I'm taking a punt, as many of them tell me nothing new. Yours covered new ground, so I was happy. :)

I would like to have seen more detailed explanation about why you use one recovery movement rather than another. Often, when it seemed as though you were about to reveal the precise nature of these subtle positional differences, you lapsed into vagueness: "And that's how the top players make it look so easy." This verbal tic wasn't a problem in itself, but it was disappointing to have it fill the place of a solid analysis.

Anyway, I'm glad you made the video, and I hope you'll continue to share your expertise. :)

3. aamir

aamir Regular Member

coach
    If master this movement then u can understand what this footwork means and how it helps u all around the court, this is 50% of the game and the most important movement cause it leads u to using less energy, take the fear out when u smash and specially for singles gives u the right timing, I am open to any cristicism, I have given a copy of this to all the england coaches, so far no one come back to me with any negative feed back cos trust me it is easy to talk theory but to get it right on court its a different story, watch the all the top players, and the question is has any coach told u about this cos no told me in my career, some people just do it naturally. this footwork will help u from ur fore hand side aswell.

4. Capnx

Capnx Regular Member

5. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    Not only threads, he's been posting his links all over BC/BF.

@aamir: I know your video is a great learning tool (I've watched it myself and have found its principles great), if you keep spamming it all over the forum you'll be banned just like some random advertiser promoting a shoe website.

6. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

Whoops, I should possibly have replied in the old thread instead. Mods may wish to merge these two; sorry. :eek:

7. aamir

aamir Regular Member

coach
    sorry mate I am just promoting my DVD but its a badminton DVD and this is a badminton web site so I want people who might not seen it to watch it, hope u understand take care

8. doodoobaby

doodoobaby Regular Member

is this dvd still available for sale ? the website seems to be no longer online.

9. cyclone9

cyclone9 Regular Member

stop digging 3 years old thread :(

10. doodoobaby

doodoobaby Regular Member

if it wasn't a 3yr old thread, i wouldn't need to be asking if the dvd was still for sale, coz i'd know the answer.