User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

on the record tbh might have the "worlds fastest smash", but i think most people on this board will probably say that fhf can hit a lot harder.
    i mean, he was recorded at 324km/h during a match!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by roy b View Post
    Recording the maximum speed (over 3 cms) IS flawed when the norm is to measure over a longer distance. It was simply done the SECOND way to deceive and to sell more rackets.

Yes, tests should be done in a consistant way - so why did Yonex 'move the goal-posts' so to speak, from the known, general way of measurement ??
    but the objective is to obtain maximum speed and not where the camera capture the shuttle. Same thing when the police give u a speeding ticket, they don't care if u have tail wind or big tire or your bad speedometer or if u oversped for only 1 microsecond. Yes, the goal post is moved but with better camera and electronics.

If i show u a nice 12MP photo taken by the latest Canon MK## camera and compared to your 3MP photo taken by an older camera, same object, is the 12MP photo flawed?

Sure yonex use it to sell racket but the test result isn't flawed. It's no difference when canon or nikon show off their camera performance
    Last edited by cooler; 10-23-2009 at 07:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

has fu haifeng and jung jae sung tried this speed test yet? No rite? I think they can break TBH record

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkai View Post
    has fu haifeng and jung jae sung tried this speed test yet? No rite? I think they can break TBH record
    if not, FHF would break TBH's left arm

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe Lee yong dae and Fu Hai Feng should be able to break Tan Boon heong record if given the test speed!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrerkiko View Post
    I believe Lee yong dae and Fu Hai Feng should be able to break Tan Boon heong record if given the test speed!
    FHF should be able to beak it...but LYD..hmmm quite hard? JJS should be able to break it since his smash is faster than LYD

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then do u know what is jung jae sung smash speed and what racket victor is he using ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then do u know what is jung jae sung smash speed and what racket victor is he using ?
    nt sure for both qns..everytime i watch JJS n LYD play there isnt any speed meter..but from wad i see JJS speed is faster than LYD and mayb is abit below or around the same lvl as FHF

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) prior and current speed records are tested with different methods (ie distance difference) they are not exactly the same. So, yes, Yonex market is playing trick.
    2) Since many of you have seen the first record on youtube, some of you kids are very smart in math and physics. Why not calculate the speed of first speed record based on the second method?
    Then you can tell if the ARC-Z is actually faster?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    personally, i much rather have 1/2 of that 421 kpm and landing the shuttle at strategic position, like inches from the line or hard to reach spot around your opponent's body
    You are so nice to still give your opponent a chance... I'd go all the way to demand "on the line" and "impossible to reach" spots. I do not care if the shot is slower than 4.21km/h for the first 3mm (but that will be extremely boring).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by weeyeh View Post
    You are so nice to still give your opponent a chance... I'd go all the way to demand "on the line" and "impossible to reach" spots. I do not care if the shot is slower than 4.21km/h for the first 3mm (but that will be extremely boring).
    yup

if we look at all the best MD players now and since like tong g, parl jubong, candra, sigit, jona R, KDM, LYD, setiawan, and many i can't recall, they are not top smashers.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ye333 View Post
    I think KKK is going downhill. He is not as fast as before (or as he believes himself to be).

Let's pair TBH up with Hendra Setiawan. That pair should be able to beat the crap out of any other pair.
    no..i would wanna see lee yong dae pair up with Hendra setiawan.. can u imagine that?
    yeah.. plus xie zhong bo and JJS too
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkai View Post
    FHF should be able to beak it...but LYD..hmmm quite hard? JJS should be able to break it since his smash is faster than LYD
    lol, looks like everybody is so interested in this smash speed record. btw, in yesterday's kkk/tbh match agaisnt jr/lp, i don't see Tan Boon Heong smash is so fast or whatsoever though And in yesterday's match, he doesnt seems to smash a lot..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty meaningless title to hold. Too bad TBH doesn't hold the title of world champion like fu haifeng does. Although of course, this means I can brag to my friends about how fast badminton is. 400+ km/h is definitely something nice

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This gimmick from Yonex is just a joke.
    Shame on them for shameless hyping

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    but the objective is to obtain maximum speed and not where the camera capture the shuttle. Same thing when the police give u a speeding ticket, they don't care if u have tail wind or big tire or your bad speedometer or if u oversped for only 1 microsecond. Yes, the goal post is moved but with better camera and electronics.

If i show u a nice 12MP photo taken by the latest Canon MK## camera and compared to your 3MP photo taken by an older camera, same object, is the 12MP photo flawed?

Sure yonex use it to sell racket but the test result isn't flawed. It's no difference when canon or nikon show off their camera performance
    Your analogies are interesting but wrong.

The previous measuring system covered the first 15cm distance, measuring the time the shuttle takes to cover this distance. It did not measure a smaller arbetrary distance within this 15cm only. Let's compare this to measuring a car's 0 to 60 mph performance.

The new Yonex system covers only the first 3cms. Let's compare this to measuring a car's 0 to 6 mph performance. Why do this ?????

Maybe I should measure my Fiat Panda's and the wife's Opel Corsa's performance over the 0 to 6 mph range and then go round saying that the winner is the fastest car in the world.

Cameras and electronics were perfectly capable of measuring accurate speeds in the past, so I'm bewildered by your comments about advancements, and your photo analogy doesn't make sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silentheart View Post
    1) prior and current speed records are tested with different methods (ie distance difference) they are not exactly the same. So, yes, Yonex market is playing trick.
    2) Since many of you have seen the first record on youtube, some of you kids are very smart in math and physics. Why not calculate the speed of first speed record based on the second method?
    Then you can tell if the ARC-Z is actually faster?
    AMEN !!! Well said that man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why some of u guys hatin'? Just some small matter....
    btw, congratulations to TBH.. you rock!.... lmfao....

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast