New Z-Slash smash speed record

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by Blitzzards, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

I guess Yonex is at it again. Only this time, Tan Boon Heong managed to top 421km/h, 7km/h faster than the last one.

Although according to the report the test was done back in September 26.

2. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

But unless these are done under an in-game suitation I will take it with a grain of salt... How many swings did TBH take? Where was the speed measured? Too many factors need to be considered, but it's a good marketing ploy by them... Saying now there's an even faster speed recorded...

3. Random-person1

Random-person1 New Member

Student
    Although I doubt 421 will occur during a real game, but i'm sure Tan can smash the present record with his talent. He has a very good smash, and can reach great height.

4. TedTheFarmer

TedTheFarmer Regular Member

One thing's for sure, Fu Haifeng can be relieved that his position as ultimate powerhouse is safe until Tam sends one of those down ingame, which seems fairly unlikely.

5. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    I wonder how do they measure smashes speed in badminton?

Is it the speed when the shuttlecock leaves the racquets

or

the moment just before the shuttle hit the ground??

Or

the average of the two.

6. LI De Quan

LI De Quan Regular Member

student
    wow haha it's just a test record,not in a real game!

7. asriwn

asriwn Regular Member

Desa Paya Mengkuang, Gelang Patah,Johor, Malaysia
    King of smashers Boon Heong holds record

RAJES PAUL reports from ODENSE

MALAYSIAN doubles shuttler Tan Boon Heong was on a high after being hailed as the world’s hardest smasher but Mohd Hafiz Hashim was down after being dumped in the second round of the Denmark Open yesterday.
    It was made official yesterday that Boon Heong now holds the fastest speed record for a smash at 421kph, which was recorded in the Japan Open in Tokyo last month.
    And bouyed with the acknowledgement, the 22-year-old Boon Heong is inspired to continue taking his game to a higher level.
    The two previous fastest speeds were 332kph (Fu Haifeng of China) and 414kph (Naoki Kawamae of Japan).
    Boon Heong, who with Koo Kien Keat defeated Mikkel Elbjorn Larsen-Christian Skovgaard of Denmark 21-10, 19-21, 21-10 in a first-round match on Wednesday, said that it was an honour to be the record holder.
    The other Malaysian pair, Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari-Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif, also made it to the second round – beating another Danish pair, Mats Bue-Rene Lindskow 21-11, 21-14.
    Boon Heong-Kien Keat beat Indonesians Yonathan Suryatama Dasuki-Rian Sukmawan 16-21, 21-19, 21-19 yesterday while Fairuzizuan-Zakry were up against Denmark’s Kesper Henriksen-Anders Kristiansen for places in the quarter-finals.
    They will take on the winner of the match between Mohd Ahsan-Bona Septano of Indonesia and Denmark’s Lars Paaske-Jonas Rasmussen next.
    “I feel proud of this recognition. It will certainly motivate me to do even better in this sport,” said Boon Heong.
    “People started to notice my smashing ability when I was 17-years-old. And aware that it is one of my strong points, I spent extra hours working on it.
    “It’s all about the timing in hitting a good smash. One does not have to be physically big to be a strong exponent in the stroke.
    “Having a strong smash alone is not enough. It is also important to have a good defence and to complement well with the partner. Kien Keat and I still have to work in these areas.”
    While Boon Heong was elated, Hafiz trooped out of court a dejected man after he was eliminated by Germany’s Marc Zwiebler. The Laos SEA Games-bound shuttler squandered a 16-5 lead in the rubber game and lost 21-16, 17-21, 18-21 in a 59-minute match.
    For the 25-year-old Zwiebler, the win was his second consecutive one over a Malaysian. He defeated veteran Wong Choong Hann 21-18, 18-21, 21-12 in the first round.
    Coach Hendrawan attributed Hafiz’s defeat to a lack of stamina.
    “He was tired and his legs were heavy. He was blank after taking the huge lead but the Germany player just grew in confidence,” said the Indonesian.
    “It is not the results that we had expected from him. I will speak to him and get him all motivated again for the France Open next week.”
    With the elimination of Hafiz, Malaysia no longer have an interest in the men’s singles competition.
    Malaysia’s challenge also ended in the mixed doubles following the defeat of Kien Keat-Wong Pei Tty by Anthony Clark-Donna Kellogg of England in the opening round. They were beaten 25-23, 16-21, 11-21

source:Thestar

8. haifeng4ever

haifeng4ever Regular Member

So this is how Tan Boon Heong gives out to great angled smash.....:D:D

9. haifeng4ever

haifeng4ever Regular Member

So this is how Tan Boon Heong gets to give out great angled smash....:D:cool:

10. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    Yonex is full of crap. Anyone who has some brain cells will know that it is physically impossible to smash about 90km/hr faster than Fu HaiFeng can... at least until someone takes tons of steroid.:rolleyes:

Just because Fu is no longer sponsored by Yonex, they just try to give out some info (in favour of a player sponsored by Yonex) that is measured completely different from the past to come up with a ridiculous number.

Very soon, we will hear that a shuttle can travel at a speed so fast that it will penetrate through a human's body if it hits the person, and we will have a high mortality rate in the sport of badminton.

#10 bananakid, Oct 22, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  11. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Whats the point of having that smash record?

421km/h by TBH. Having the most powerful smash, most hairy legs, biggest nose, biggest collection of gold chains, bracelets etc is nothing when you dont have the majors.

In TBH's case, he & KKK need to add a couple more majors else that one AE is looking more like a fluke.

12. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

mas boleh! tan boon heong is at it again!:p
    So no more Fu hai Feng, no more naoki..its TAN BOON HEONG! the KING OF SMASHER now!;)

imo, he should always use this weapon in his real match everytime
    im very sick of seeing him and kkk always lift up the shuttle high up and play so defensive game;..:rolleyes: now that he's already having this record, i hope he will WAKE UP! AND WHACK HIS OPPONENT!:D

Attached Files:

13. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Alamak ... so typical of Malaysia Boleh syndrome.

This hardest smash thingy will start the syiok sendiri feeling in motion.
    KKK/TBH were defensive and had to lift the shuttle because their opponents were better and were controlling them like puppets.

14. george@chongwei

We should be proud of this as this is A WORLD RECORD. Instead of just mumbling here and there.

15. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    So, care to explain why most of TBH's smashes were recorded at the range of 260-280km/hr in a game situation while Fu's smashes were around 280-295, then out of no where, TBH could hit a 421 while Fu could only hit 332???

Oh... it must be the difference between a Li-Ning racket and a Yonex racket + the Ti 10 is so crappy in comparison to the new nanospeed:rolleyes:

16. Darien

Darien Regular Member

IT
    it is pointless to hold the fastest smash record if he & KKK can't keep the playing consistency in tournaments...

17. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Major titles

In competitive badminton, what counts are the major titles.
    Whats the point of having fancy titles like being the best dressed, having the biggest gold bracelet or hardest smash??

We need to get our priorities right instead of being intoxicated with shallow accomplishments.

18. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Ohh .. you got him down on all fours now. :D

19. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    Hopefully george boy doesn't release some methane gas in that position. LOL:D

20. george@chongwei

sorry, can't answer that. I'm not working for Yonex:D
    yes , agree with you..
    banana or banana:p