offensive play.....

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by varunsuresh, Oct 22, 2009.

1. varunsuresh

varunsuresh Regular Member

hi guys,

just wanted to know if you could tell me how to play and win against someone who plays totally offensive.and the only defensive move he does is a drop...

pleeeeease help !!!!!!!

thnx !!!!

2. gingerphil79

gingerphil79 Regular Member

Sports massage therapist
    Wudnt reali call a drop shot a defensive move. Any move goin down is attacking but I suppose it al depends on the situation.

If he is the kinda player who attacks al the time no matter where is he, he shud be easily beat wit playing shots that make him move such as gud flat attacking clears and cross court shots.

If he is smashing at back of court, block to the net at the side or if you can do a cross court block to the net, thats reali good at catching players out ;).

With a drop shot, do a tight net reply and only lift it if he is reali close to the net and of course do a flat lift.

3. buchzdoa

buchzdoa Regular Member

clear alot, tire him out, win.

4. mhigham

mhigham Regular Member

Analyst (Bank)
    clear a lot, he smashes it back at your head, lose.

Pretty silly 'tactic' to be honest.

5. BrioCloud

BrioCloud Regular Member

UC Davis Student
    Offense is good. But when you're playing singles, it is not a good idea to be attacking too frequently, especially when you're only an average player. An average smash that isn't fast enough will get you out of position as your opponent returns it.

6. gingerphil79

gingerphil79 Regular Member

Sports massage therapist
    Its al about thinking about the game and forcing the mistake either footwork or shot choice from your opponent.

The problem with attacking al time in singles is you will be out of position a lot. I used to do this when I got tired, instead of moving, I jus smashed of the serve each time but my opponent jus did a net reply forcing me to run and of course I lost very easily.

There has to b a purpose behind a shot, either making him move a gud distance, or forcing him to lift or wotever. Singles is very like chess game. 2 players of equal fitness and technical skill, the person who win is person wit better tactics!

7. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

You might like to look at my singles tactics article -- specifically, the page about smash returns.

8. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Using block shot on defending his smash, block it to the net.. then if he lift the shutter , its yr turn to smash him. Try tired him out by lobbing him to the 2 side corner of the court, once he weak return, jump smash , finish him off!:D