Stringers around Seattle, WA, US?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by geminifront, Oct 22, 2009.

1. geminifront

geminifront New Member

Hi all! First post!

I recently had my SOTX woven 8A strung to 27lbs for the first time and I loved it! Then I brought a brand new CP7000 in for the same thing...and they broke it! lol

I have a few questions:

1. What level of skills does a stringing technician need to string at that tension? Would you say that most shouldn't have problem and this stringer is below average or only technicians with advanced skills can handle this kind of tension? What's the breakage rate that you expect? This store is hesitant to string above Yonex's reccomendation which is 24 lbs max. I see people here have their Yonexes strung way beyond that all the time. Do you all have special stringers to go to or what? lol

2. Does anyone know a good stringer around Seattle, WA, USA?

Good thing is they agreed to replace my racket, but since their company policies don't allow dealing with oversea stores (i showed them mybadmintonstore.com), they can offer a Yonex. I might have to switch to Yonex for good for easier support. Too bad I really love SOTX.

2. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    The stringer needs needs to be good and experienced to be able to string at high tensions properly. Simply hearing that they cannot string beyond 24lbs it just non-sense because they are simply passing off the reliability or they are incompetent of being able to string at high tension.

Good strings in Seattle? I would say it is at your own risk, I do not trust any of them. The stringers I have seen so far in the Seattle area do not know how to string properly from what I have seen from friends who have been to these stringers. Examples such as, tension is lower than the requested tension, improper knot job, improper string pattern and the list goes on.

I personally get my rackets done in Vancouver, BC and the same people who went to those stringers in Seattle, notice a difference in the string job and workmanship since it is stringed properly.

#2 Matt, Oct 22, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2009