User Tag List

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoppy View Post
    ATM BG65Pro, but last night for the 1st time i used VS-850. In the past I used NG95, BG65Ti and BG65. Basically, I like any genuine string between 0.68 - 0.7 mm strung at 28 lbs (I tried 30lbs but it got me injured) which smacked me in the head not to go there anymore LOL.
    Have you tried the BG66 or BG66UM? I strung my MX80 with BG66UM recently, and actually found it made the racket faster and lighter (it had VS-850 on it previously). Changed the BP a bit too. It now swings about the same speed as my BS10 on ZY67. Makes roughly the same sound too (higher pitched faster swipe than my other rackets). The BS10's frame is still more aerodynamic, but the thinner gauge strings seem to help the MX80 get as close to it as reasonably possible. Love the spring and repulsion of the string too.
    Last edited by Naim.F.C; 04-15-2011 at 12:24 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm using a bs10 at the moment too and yes it is a very quick racket.. however as mentioned before by yoppy the strings got out of shape after hard hits, is it the strings are loose or is it just the nature of the racket?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had my BS10, 12, Ti-550 and SW35 strung with BG66M, and while I like it, I found it's repulsiveness hard to transition on, which was fine in singles but I was fluffing too many shots at the front of the court in doubles. Not really a problem with the string, more that I'm a crap player

Honestly, I haven't tried a crapload of strings, but I kinda keep going back to the BG80/ZM67/VS850 type of string. Easy to transition on, good feel, and adequate oomph. Could be worse.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Naim.F.C View Post
    Have you tried the BS66 or BS66UM? I strung my MX80 with BG66UM recently, and actually found it made the racket faster and lighter (it had VS-850 on it previously). Changed the BP a bit too. It now swings about the same speed as my BS10 on ZY67. Makes roughly the same sound too (higher pitched faster swipe than my other rackets). The BS10's frame is still more aerodynamic, but the thinner gauge strings seem to help the MX80 get as close to it as reasonably possible. Love the spring and repulsion of the string too.
    I see. Sorry whats BS66 and BS66UM? Do you mean BG66? Problem is: I did not have good experience with thinner string. I dont know i just dont get the same feeling compare to the ticker ones. I prefer to pull the ticker string high so it gets thiner rather than having thinner string at a lower tension. Plus if you pull thinner string to a higher tension I found it loses accuracy and control, and also a lot less durable. Therefore just I dont use them anymore
    Last edited by Yoppy; 04-15-2011 at 12:25 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see. Sorry whats BS66 and BS66UM? Do you mean BG66? Problem is: I did not have good experience with thinner string. I dont know i just dont get the same feeling compare to the ticker ones. I prefer to pull the ticker string high so it gets thiner rather than having thinner string at a lower tension.
    Yeap sorry I meant BG not BS lol. Edited. And fair enough.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anthony_6 View Post
    i'm using a bs10 at the moment too and yes it is a very quick racket.. however as mentioned before by yoppy the strings got out of shape after hard hits, is it the strings are loose or is it just the nature of the racket?
    All strings take time to bed-in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have just ordered mx80 and can't wait to see if it can generate more power as here we only play doubles and hardly singles.. as from reviews it was like bs10 and sw35 combined into one racket... hope it don't disappoint me... maybe it's time for me to invest in a stringing machine too as we don't have a stringer at our club..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have just ordered mx80 and can't wait to see if it can generate more power as here we only play doubles and hardly singles.. as from reviews it was like bs10 and sw35 combined into one racket... hope it don't disappoint me... maybe it's time for me to invest in a stringing machine too as we don't have a stringer at our club..
    I don't think you'll be disappointed. MX80 is the best doubles racket I've used yet. It was already brilliant with the VS-850, but I'm finding it even sharper and more nippy with the BG66UM. I had the stringer use Victor's 2011 catalogue 80 grommet pattern instructions this time, and I'm pretty sure my racket head looks ever so slightly more isometric now lol.

It's got the vast majority of the speed from the Brave Sword series, but with that added power I was looking for. Which could be due to a number of reasons, ranging from the added stiffness, head weight, woven frame, 80 grommet system, octo frame, who knows?
    Last edited by Naim.F.C; 04-15-2011 at 12:44 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i ordered mine with vs850 28lbs, have not handled such high tension before and hopefully i don't hurt myself trying... it's pain to string here especially in place where i live... the only guy who have a friend who strings take 1 week for indecent stringing... hopefully will earn some money in the summer to buy a stringing machine myself, that way i will be able to try different tensions too....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i ordered mine with vs850 28lbs, have not handled such high tension before and hopefully i don't hurt myself trying... it's pain to string here especially in place where i live... the only guy who have a friend who strings take 1 week for indecent stringing... hopefully will earn some money in the summer to buy a stringing machine myself, that way i will be able to try different tensions too....
    VS-850 at 28lbs on this stiff relatively head heavy beast? Ouch. I'm definitely not fit or strong enough to handle many hours of play with that kind of set up at consistent play quality, not without receiving some aches or pains anyway lol.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From my exp, it just means that the impact pressure is higher than the string tension. Therefore its an indication than the string tension is too low and you can get more power by increasing it. This is of course only applies if you are a hard hitter type of player, some will like the lower tension as it gives more feel and control

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Naim.F.C View Post
    VS-850 at 28lbs on this stiff relatively head heavy beast? Ouch. I'm definitely not fit or strong enough to handle many hours of play with that kind of set up at consistent play quality, not without receiving some aches or pains anyway lol.
    lol hopefully i know my limits and will switch to bs10 whenever i feel any pain or aches...

as said we only concentrate on doubles here and i think i'm more comfortable in front as my partner is a hard hitter and i usually play front when we are attacking..therefore i need lot's of control playing net shot sometimes... i thought of getting 26lbs but have not tried 28lbs and have been itching to do so....

i'll post some updates here when i receive my rackets, it'll be on which racket i prefer...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do u guys recommend a 4U or 3U version?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can anyone tells me which of the bravesword series is head heavier than bs10?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BS11 lor................

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carbotec503 View Post
    Can anyone tells me which of the bravesword series is head heavier than bs10?
    BS10 is the most head light of all BS series

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BS10 is the most head light of all BS series
    Are you sure about that? I personally doubt it. BS12 for example is measured as even balanced, BS10 is slightly head heavy. I measured mine to have a BP of 295mm. That was with pretty light strings.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast