User Tag List

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
Results 35 to 51 of 279
  1. #35
    Regular Member blindfury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    621
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Granum View Post
    I read somewhere that the BS10 made in Taiwan differ in stiffness from the BS10 from China..

    Is that true?
    dude, read my post just few floors up. come on...

  2. #36
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    .
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blindfury View Post
    dude, read my post just few floors up. come on...
    Oh, my bad. Didn't see it.

  3. #37
    Regular Member tckang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boleh-Land
    Posts
    733
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Confused

    For BS-10 and BS-11, a lot of Chinese suppliers (Beijing, Guangzhou, Shanghai, etc i asked) claimed that BS10 and 11 are all directly from Taiwan (TW). Only SW35 and 36 may have Nanjing (CH), Taiwan (TW) and other version.
    Again, when i contacted Jon Ling of AJ racket mart in Puchong, Malaysia, the same response is provided as above, that BS10 and BS11 only have TW version , no other code as all BS10 & BS11 have to get from Taiwan. Is that so ???
    Last edited by tckang; 12-07-2009 at 10:32 PM.

  4. #38
    Regular Member blindfury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    621
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tckang View Post
    For BS-10 and BS-11, a lot of Chinese suppliers (Beijing, Guangzhou, Shanghai, etc i asked) claimed that BS10 and 11 are all directly from Taiwan (TW). Only SW35 and 36 may have Nanjing (CH), Taiwan (TW) and other version.
    Again, when i contacted Jon Ling of AJ racket mart in Puchong, Malaysia, the same response is provided as above, that BS10 and BS11 only have TW version , no other code as all BS10 & BS11 have to get from Taiwan. Is that so ???

    My bs10 is HK coded, and interestingly - purchased in TW.
    The fact is... *it makes no difference* where victor says the rackets are manufactured. Case and point, yonex is made in CH and quality controlled in JP. It is possible victor is made in CH, CC in TW.
    Unless there is a variation like the "stiffness difference" (obviously stated on the shaft anyway), i don't see why one would dwell on this subject.


  5. #39
    Regular Member blindfury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    621
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    PS. factories do physically exist in TW, my guess is they are indeed made in TW, and distributed to CH and HK with slight variation in stiffness demanded by cultural preferences.

  6. #40
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    256
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blindfury View Post
    PS. factories do physically exist in TW, my guess is they are indeed made in TW, and distributed to CH and HK with slight variation in stiffness demanded by cultural preferences.
    Huh? Am I missing something here?? Didnt know that stiffness can be determined by cultural preferences.....like maybe the taiwanese like it "stiffer"

  7. #41
    Regular Member tckang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boleh-Land
    Posts
    733
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blindfury View Post
    My bs10 is HK coded, and interestingly - purchased in TW.
    The fact is... *it makes no difference* where victor says the rackets are manufactured. Case and point, yonex is made in CH and quality controlled in JP. It is possible victor is made in CH, CC in TW.
    Unless there is a variation like the "stiffness difference" (obviously stated on the shaft anyway), i don't see why one would dwell on this subject.

    Just curious to know their manufacturing and distribution system.
    Reason i ask is because TW , HK, CH, etc all have different shaft stiffness for Victor rackets.
    As for Yonex case, all high end rackets, (e.g NS9900, Arc Z, AT900T/P, etc) are ONLY manufactured in Japan, then they are stamped with different distribution codes (SP, JP, CH, IP, etc.) before being distributed. Only medium range and entry range Yonex rakcet are allowed to be manufactured in Taiwan, China, etc.
    Anyway, Thanks

  8. #42
    Regular Member blindfury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    621
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by szekt View Post
    Huh? Am I missing something here?? Didnt know that stiffness can be determined by cultural preferences.....like maybe the taiwanese like it "stiffer"
    it's the other way around... i'd rather not say stiffer or softer... they tend to imply things lol

  9. #43
    Regular Member blindfury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    621
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tckang View Post
    TW , HK, CH, etc all have different shaft stiffness for Victor rackets.
    i'm almost certain HK bs10 has same stiffness as CH... as i own one of them

    which victors are you referring to when you say all codes have different stiffness?

  10. #44
    Regular Member tckang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boleh-Land
    Posts
    733
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blindfury View Post
    i'm almost certain HK bs10 has same stiffness as CH... as i own one of them

    which victors are you referring to when you say all codes have different stiffness?
    BS10, BS11, SW35, SW36 .....
    i m not so familiar with Victor products hence am curious to know .....

  11. #45
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Petaling Jaya
    Posts
    677
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Victor BS10 & BS11 are indeed manufactured in Taiwan so obviously that its stated in the shaft & blue end-cap. As for the codes its simply to keep track for distributions and also on warranty issues at later stage when distributors made warranty claims. My SW31 is MY coded, SW35 is CN coded while my BS11 is without any code whatsoever! I got it all from 1 source.

    As for SW35 & 36 no one is sure because those i've seen so far has no manufacturer country of origin stated on the racket. Also it has the non-slip black end-cap which is missing in the Braveswords.

    Those who claims the spec differs from one country code to the other just do not make sense to me (pardon me for being rude) because firstly all these 4 models only comes in 3UG2. Secondly I doubt they have all the different coded rackets at once to make a fair & accurate comparison (when I say this the rackets should be brand new unstrung, original gripped & to measure the weight & BP using a digital swing-weight machine.)

    Nevertheless, bear in mind all measurements stated is not 100% precise thus the +-.

  12. #46
    Regular Member blindfury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    621
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aspire View Post
    Those who claims the spec differs from one country code to the other just do not make sense to me
    I'm with ya, but in the case of bs10 and 11, HK+CH codes are indeed different than TW for obvious reasons: 1) stiffness bar on shaft shows different amount, 2) victor official already told us so.

    if not by these indications, i don't see why one would claim one code is different than another.

    this brings up another myth of "is yonex CP really heavier than the rest"?
    personally i have tried CP from this crazy collector (eddie if you're reading this, yes, it is you... lol) and frankly i don't feel any abnormality in terms of weight beyond the realm of manufacture variation +-.

  13. #47
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Petaling Jaya
    Posts
    677
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    bs10 and 11, HK+CH codes are indeed different than TW for obvious reasons: 1) stiffness bar on shaft shows different amount, 2) victor official already told us so.

    Thanks! I learned something new here.

    I think Victor make some changes recently because they also have come up with a 4U SW35. The reason being so is because many complained about its sheer weight (head heavy) & stiffness. In this case its understandable.

    But why CH & HK coded rackets being different from others?

  14. #48
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Petaling Jaya
    Posts
    677
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks! I learned something new here.

    I think Victor make some changes recently because they also have come up with a 4U SW35. The reason being so is because many complained about its sheer weight (head heavy) & stiffness. In this case its understandable.

    But why CH & HK coded rackets being different from others?[/quote]

  15. #49
    Regular Member blindfury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    621
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blindfury View Post
    distributed to CH and HK with slight variation in stiffness demanded by cultural preferences.
    i'm not so surprised victor is aware of the demands of those big markets.
    and as a taiwanese myself.... i have to say....

    shame on CH preference, blindly pursuits stiffness, Taiwan independence!!!!

    lol.... just joking... i actually like the CH stiffness more.

  16. #50
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Petaling Jaya
    Posts
    677
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ya the stiffer the racket the longer its life span in term of playability. Also stiff racket tends to give more control to the player. In fact I personally think BS10 is a well speced racket but its color sheme is a bit on the dull side for me.

    For those who doesnt care about the design BS10 is a good choice when comes to racket selection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspire View Post
    bs10 and 11, HK+CH codes are indeed different than TW for obvious reasons: 1) stiffness bar on shaft shows different amount, 2) victor official already told us so.

    Thanks! I learned something new here.

    I think Victor make some changes recently because they also have come up with a 4U SW35. The reason being so is because many complained about its sheer weight (head heavy) & stiffness. In this case its understandable.

    But why CH & HK coded rackets being different from others?

  17. #51
    Regular Member tckang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boleh-Land
    Posts
    733
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks for sharing on the topics. Now it has become clearer to me the way Victor rackets are manufactured and distributed, as compared to other brands.
    Cheers.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Victor Brave Sword 12 (review)
    By ucantseeme in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 834
    : 08-03-2014, 02:27 AM
  2. FS: Victor Brave Sword 09, Brave Sword 10 & Artery Tec Ti99
    By ping8447 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 2
    : 04-23-2013, 08:44 AM
  3. Victor Brave Sword 08 review
    By ck1981 in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 27
    : 12-01-2011, 01:03 PM
  4. wanna sell my brave sword 10 and brave sword 12.. only SGD200
    By ah hua in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 0
    : 04-18-2011, 04:48 AM
  5. Panda Power Trinity 2 vs Brave Sword 10 vs Brave Sword 11
    By jpazn23 in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 20
    : 01-09-2010, 02:21 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •