User Tag List

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Granum View Post
    I read somewhere that the BS10 made in Taiwan differ in stiffness from the BS10 from China..

Is that true?
    dude, read my post just few floors up. come on...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blindfury View Post
    dude, read my post just few floors up. come on...
    Oh, my bad. Didn't see it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Confused

For BS-10 and BS-11, a lot of Chinese suppliers (Beijing, Guangzhou, Shanghai, etc i asked) claimed that BS10 and 11 are all directly from Taiwan (TW). Only SW35 and 36 may have Nanjing (CH), Taiwan (TW) and other version.
    Again, when i contacted Jon Ling of AJ racket mart in Puchong, Malaysia, the same response is provided as above, that BS10 and BS11 only have TW version , no other code as all BS10 & BS11 have to get from Taiwan. Is that so ???
    Last edited by tckang; 12-07-2009 at 10:32 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tckang View Post
    For BS-10 and BS-11, a lot of Chinese suppliers (Beijing, Guangzhou, Shanghai, etc i asked) claimed that BS10 and 11 are all directly from Taiwan (TW). Only SW35 and 36 may have Nanjing (CH), Taiwan (TW) and other version.
    Again, when i contacted Jon Ling of AJ racket mart in Puchong, Malaysia, the same response is provided as above, that BS10 and BS11 only have TW version , no other code as all BS10 & BS11 have to get from Taiwan. Is that so ???

My bs10 is HK coded, and interestingly - purchased in TW.
    The fact is... *it makes no difference* where victor says the rackets are manufactured. Case and point, yonex is made in CH and quality controlled in JP. It is possible victor is made in CH, CC in TW.
    Unless there is a variation like the "stiffness difference" (obviously stated on the shaft anyway), i don't see why one would dwell on this subject.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PS. factories do physically exist in TW, my guess is they are indeed made in TW, and distributed to CH and HK with slight variation in stiffness demanded by cultural preferences.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PS. factories do physically exist in TW, my guess is they are indeed made in TW, and distributed to CH and HK with slight variation in stiffness demanded by cultural preferences.
    Huh? Am I missing something here?? Didnt know that stiffness can be determined by cultural preferences.....like maybe the taiwanese like it "stiffer"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My bs10 is HK coded, and interestingly - purchased in TW.
    The fact is... *it makes no difference* where victor says the rackets are manufactured. Case and point, yonex is made in CH and quality controlled in JP. It is possible victor is made in CH, CC in TW.
    Unless there is a variation like the "stiffness difference" (obviously stated on the shaft anyway), i don't see why one would dwell on this subject.

Just curious to know their manufacturing and distribution system.
    Reason i ask is because TW , HK, CH, etc all have different shaft stiffness for Victor rackets.
    As for Yonex case, all high end rackets, (e.g NS9900, Arc Z, AT900T/P, etc) are ONLY manufactured in Japan, then they are stamped with different distribution codes (SP, JP, CH, IP, etc.) before being distributed. Only medium range and entry range Yonex rakcet are allowed to be manufactured in Taiwan, China, etc.
    Anyway, Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by szekt View Post
    Huh? Am I missing something here?? Didnt know that stiffness can be determined by cultural preferences.....like maybe the taiwanese like it "stiffer"
    it's the other way around... i'd rather not say stiffer or softer... they tend to imply things lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tckang View Post
    TW , HK, CH, etc all have different shaft stiffness for Victor rackets.
    i'm almost certain HK bs10 has same stiffness as CH... as i own one of them

which victors are you referring to when you say all codes have different stiffness?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm almost certain HK bs10 has same stiffness as CH... as i own one of them

which victors are you referring to when you say all codes have different stiffness?
    BS10, BS11, SW35, SW36 .....
    i m not so familiar with Victor products hence am curious to know .....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Victor BS10 & BS11 are indeed manufactured in Taiwan so obviously that its stated in the shaft & blue end-cap. As for the codes its simply to keep track for distributions and also on warranty issues at later stage when distributors made warranty claims. My SW31 is MY coded, SW35 is CN coded while my BS11 is without any code whatsoever! I got it all from 1 source.

As for SW35 & 36 no one is sure because those i've seen so far has no manufacturer country of origin stated on the racket. Also it has the non-slip black end-cap which is missing in the Braveswords.

Those who claims the spec differs from one country code to the other just do not make sense to me (pardon me for being rude) because firstly all these 4 models only comes in 3UG2. Secondly I doubt they have all the different coded rackets at once to make a fair & accurate comparison (when I say this the rackets should be brand new unstrung, original gripped & to measure the weight & BP using a digital swing-weight machine.)

Nevertheless, bear in mind all measurements stated is not 100% precise thus the +-.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aspire View Post
    Those who claims the spec differs from one country code to the other just do not make sense to me
    I'm with ya, but in the case of bs10 and 11, HK+CH codes are indeed different than TW for obvious reasons: 1) stiffness bar on shaft shows different amount, 2) victor official already told us so.

if not by these indications, i don't see why one would claim one code is different than another.

this brings up another myth of "is yonex CP really heavier than the rest"?
    personally i have tried CP from this crazy collector (eddie if you're reading this, yes, it is you... lol) and frankly i don't feel any abnormality in terms of weight beyond the realm of manufacture variation +-.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bs10 and 11, HK+CH codes are indeed different than TW for obvious reasons: 1) stiffness bar on shaft shows different amount, 2) victor official already told us so.

Thanks! I learned something new here.

I think Victor make some changes recently because they also have come up with a 4U SW35. The reason being so is because many complained about its sheer weight (head heavy) & stiffness. In this case its understandable.

But why CH & HK coded rackets being different from others?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Victor make some changes recently because they also have come up with a 4U SW35. The reason being so is because many complained about its sheer weight (head heavy) & stiffness. In this case its understandable.

But why CH & HK coded rackets being different from others?[/quote]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

distributed to CH and HK with slight variation in stiffness demanded by cultural preferences.
    i'm not so surprised victor is aware of the demands of those big markets.
    and as a taiwanese myself.... i have to say....

shame on CH preference, blindly pursuits stiffness, Taiwan independence!!!!

lol.... just joking... i actually like the CH stiffness more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya the stiffer the racket the longer its life span in term of playability. Also stiff racket tends to give more control to the player. In fact I personally think BS10 is a well speced racket but its color sheme is a bit on the dull side for me.

For those who doesnt care about the design BS10 is a good choice when comes to racket selection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspire View Post
    bs10 and 11, HK+CH codes are indeed different than TW for obvious reasons: 1) stiffness bar on shaft shows different amount, 2) victor official already told us so.

But why CH & HK coded rackets being different from others?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for sharing on the topics. Now it has become clearer to me the way Victor rackets are manufactured and distributed, as compared to other brands.
    Cheers.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast