[COLOR=#3e3e3e][FONT=Verdana]
    Name: Victor Brave Sword 10
    Specs: 4U/G2
    Shaft stiffness: Extra Stiff
    Balance point: Balance/Head Light
    Strings: Victor VS-850
    Tension: 26lbs
    Grip: RKEP
    Which version is yours? The one with "Brave Sword" on the inside frame or just with "Sword"? Noticed someone say the frame profile is a bit more rounded like the BS12 (and BS09?) now? Should perhaps make it even quicker, flat areas are like adding a spoiler on it although you might not even notice the difference with such a tiny area(?) ...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cannot find the BS10 in the catalog of Victor for 2011 and that the BS12 is taken over the position of the BS10 in the Victor racket chart. Is it true that the BS10 is out of production?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although the BS10 isn't in the catalogue these are still available to buy, in fact I got one yesterday. Not quite sure why it doesn't feature though as it is one of Victors best rackets.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    Which version is yours? The one with "Brave Sword" on the inside frame or just with "Sword"? Noticed someone say the frame profile is a bit more rounded like the BS12 (and BS09?) now? Should perhaps make it even quicker, flat areas are like adding a spoiler on it although you might not even notice the difference with such a tiny area(?) ...
    Mine is written just "sword", the newer version I guess. Unfortunately have not seen the older version so I can't compare

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi there, any different between black cap and blue cap? Does any1 knows? Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought a BS10 and only played once with it. I also own meteor x80 and comparatively found the the BS10 to be less stiff than MX80, in fact much less...

Has anyone elucidated the mistery of different spec MS10 made for different regions?

Mine has "sword" written on the frame instead of "bravesword", it says Taiwan on the handle cap (which is blue), and the serial is: DEH8296367
    ...and i bought it in UK.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The EU ones are stiffer than the Asian ones, apparently, but nobody I know has both the verify on the court.

I think in terms of real stiffness the MX80 and BS10 are similar, is just that the MX80 has more head stability and a much less damped feel adding to the overall stiff and springy feel in the hand. The actual shaft stiffness I reckon is the same.The newer BS' feel a little more rounded, but I think that's largely due to the extra layer of clearcoat now over all the decals. Side-by-side with the older BS' theres no discernable difference in design.
    Last edited by Maklike Tier; 01-18-2012 at 06:47 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    The EU ones are stiffer than the Asian ones, apparently, but nobody I know has both the verify on the court.

I think in terms of real stiffness the MX80 and BS10 are similar, is just that the MX80 has more head stability and a much less damped feel adding to the overall stiff and springy feel in the hand. The actual shaft stiffness I reckon is the same.The newer BS' feel a little more rounded, but I think that's largely due to the extra layer of clearcoat now over all the decals. Side-by-side with the older BS' theres no discernable difference in design.
    I just regripped all my rackets with two layers of Yonex Super Grap AC102 on top of the original grip and re-checked the balance point accurately.

VOLTIRC 80 (3u) - 289mm
    MX80 - 288mm
    BS10 - 287mm!!!

Weight:
    VT80 - 104.4g
    MX80 - 99.7g
    BS10 - 102.1g

Same grips, almost same BP?!

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meteor View Post
    I just regripped all my rackets with two layers of Yonex Super Grap AC102 on top of the original grip and re-checked the balance point accurately.

VOLTIRC 80 (3u) - 289mm
    MX80 - 288mm
    BS10 - 287mm!!!

Weight:
    VT80 - 104.4g
    MX80 - 99.7g
    BS10 - 102.1g

no way vt80's bp is that low, and so similar to mx80 and bs10

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How could anyone ever need a grip so big? Original grip + TWO supergraps!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meteor View Post

VOLTIRC 80 (3u) - 289mm
    MX80 - 288mm
    BS10 - 287mm!!!

Weight:
    VT80 - 104.4g
    MX80 - 99.7g
    BS10 - 102.1g

Hrm. Well, the heaviest Braveswords I've had (net) have been 98g, so add an ANOTHER overgrip to it and you're adding about 6g to the handle which is why you're messing up the balance point so much. If you added 6g to the head, the BP's would be outrageous, so you're just doing the opposite.

A better solution for you, is to take the factory grip off, and build the thickness up using a replacement grip.

For example.......

Factory grip 6g + overgrip 6-8g x2 = 18g approx.
    Remove factory grip -6g + RKEP Ultimate uncut 14g = 8g approx.

Et viola, you now have a fat grip like you like, and BP's are back to how they should be.

FYI BS10 and MX80 should be about 295, VT80 somewhere over 305 IIRC.
    Last edited by Maklike Tier; 01-22-2012 at 07:20 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    Hrm. Well, the heaviest Braveswords I've had (net) have been 98g, so add an ANOTHER overgrip to it and you're adding about 6g to the handle which is why you're messing up the balance point so much. If you added 6g to the head, the BP's would be outrageous, so you're just doing the opposite.

A better solution for you, is to take the factory grip off, and build the thickness up using a replacement grip.

For example.......

Factory grip 6g + overgrip 6-8g x2 = 18g approx.
    Remove factory grip -6g + RKEP Ultimate uncut 14g = 8g approx.

Et viola, you now have a fat grip like you like, and BP's are back to how they should be.

FYI BS10 and MX80 should be about 295, VT80 somewhere over 305 IIRC.
    Thanks, definitely need to make sure the balance doesn't change to stupid values.

Removing one grap bp changes to 300mm for both mx and bs10. Resulting size however is too thin for me. Yonex g3 is small but victor g3 is for children.
    On a wilson g3 for example, one added grap makes the perfect size for my hand - but that's much bigger than victor plus one grap.

I changed the original grip on the mx with a karakal super pu (1.8mm, 15g) and the resulting thickness and BP with one grap was exactly the same as with the original grip!
    I had to cut the karakal strip below the cone of course, revoving almost half of it.
    Then tried a yonex PU and resulting thickness is again the same while BP is down to 293mm from 300mm, because yonex PU is heavier but no thicker.
    I'll try to find a thicker replacement grip, we don't have RKEP in UK... The other solution would be to overlap the replacement grip but that creates ripples that I dislike.

This BS10 balance is definitely head heavy 300mm - good! (to stay on topic)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The idea is to overlap the PU Super to get a desired thickness and feel. If you're only using half the length, you're doing it wrong. Ripples are good

The RKEP Ultimate is tapered in cross section, so the ripple effect is very mild. It's also fairly stretchy, so you can change the thickness by putting it on tighter or looser. Search for 'RKEP' on eBay.
    Last edited by Maklike Tier; 01-23-2012 at 12:06 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, has anyone here made performance (and specification) comparison between BRS-10 gen-1 (the one that has "bravesword" label on its frame) vs. gen-2 ("sword" labeled on its frame)?

I'm sorry if this is a have-been-asked question. I'd like to get myself another BRS-10 gen-1 (new). But the only available new BRS-10 in my area is the 2nd generation.

Thanks,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi guys,

I currently have BS 10 ( labelled brave sword and TW coded) and is 100% satisfied with it. I am contemplating to get a spare from sohubuy. I was showed that the HK coded stiffness is 5 out of 5 whilst the one I own now is closer to medium stiffness. I am wondering if Victor actually re-label/re-scale the presentation but the stiffness is actually the same.

Does anyone here has the experience to confirm that the new BS10 (sword label and HK coded) is actually stiffer than what i have now ( brave sword label and TW coded)

What I am seeking is the same playbility . Taking into account of the (brave sword vs sword ) issue, should i go for

BS 10 TW coded (Sword label)
    or
    BS 11 HK coded (Sword label)

Hopefully someone can answer this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's already been mentioned that stiffness can vary depending on Coding. It appears that Victor adjusts its range for the local markets.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the players I coach has just asked for another BS10. I know they are still available but have no idea whether he will get the same version as his old ones. It's worth a chance because it's a BS10.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast