Quote Originally Posted by Benwilluk View Post
    DE coded are 5/5 stiffness
    Are these the ones you sell, Ben?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yerrorice View Post
    Am I the only one with a weird Bravesword 10 (1st gen)? o.o My BS10 is stiffer than NS9900 and VTZF .... and it has a BP of 297
    I've just tested two 3U BS10 from one store, interestingly one of them felt pretty heavy (almost like a 2U), and the other one felt a lot lighter. I got the lighter one : )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Picked up a 2nd-Gen BS10 4U from my local shop in Perth for $150AUD, I really love it!

However it's factory strung, what tension would this usually be?

I've read through this thread and the BG66U seems to be the recommended string over the usual BG80, is this still the case?

What's your preferred string for the BS10? I'm just an intermediate player so I'll string it to 23lbs. I'm an all-rounder player if that matters.

Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know about the factory strung tension but I use Zymax 65 @26 pounds and it feels great!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brave Sword 10
    Zymax 67 ; 27 lbs

I have an Amortec 900 Power and will somewhat compare the two. I used to play with my Armotec, but I recently got my Brave Sword so I want to play with it

After switching rackets, all my shots improved but one - The smash.. Drops, clears, drives, pushes were effortless! When it came to smashing, well... It sure made a hell of a sound but the speed was a lot slower than the Armortec's. Maybe I just need more time to adjust? Defense with this racket is amazing as well. Very easy. Overall I'm pretty happy with the Brave Sword.

-In My Opinion-
    Drives: 9/10
    Clears: 10/10
    Drops: 9/10
    Smashes: 7.5/10
    Overall: 9

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just bought bs10. After much contemplating and racket swinging (surprised i didn't smack anyone) in the shop between bs12/bs11/bs10/mx-jjs and mx80, i finally chose bs10 and string it with bg66@25/27lb. It was mainly because it'd be easier for me to adjust between sw35/volt80/bs10 since the shaft stiffness will be more or less the same.

it definitely felt lighter than the ones i have and faster. initially, the thing that concerned me with lighter head rackets would be the backhand clear. it just felt bs10 has enough meat in it to deliver sufficient deep backhand clears. i was supposed to test it today, but they closed off the sport hall for election . damn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which shop in Perth? I've been trying to find a Badminton Shop in Perth that sells Victor rackets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just had my first session with bs10. First impression. I like how the racket feels. I am used to head heavy rackets. This was new experience for me. I played a few good games with it. The net kills and drives were impressive. Defense and counter attacking were fun. They felt easy. I even got some backhand smashes during the games. Smashes were steep.

I like it. I did not regret buying this racket. Especially for doubles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NeverWalkAlone View Post
    i just had my first session with bs10. First impression. I like how the racket feels. I am used to head heavy rackets. This was new experience for me. I played a few good games with it. The net kills and drives were impressive. Defense and counter attacking were fun. They felt easy. I even got some backhand smashes during the games. Smashes were steep.

I like it. I did not regret buying this racket. Especially for doubles.
    I just bought another brave sword 10 today. After trying other racquets(vt80, vtzforce, mx80) in the shop, still prefer the feeling of holding and swinging bs10.
    Last edited by HardSmasher; 06-29-2013 at 05:32 AM. Reason: Add racquect detail

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by HardSmasher View Post
    I just bought another brave sword 10 today. After trying other racquets(vt80, vtzforce, mx80) in the shop, still prefer the feeling of holding and swinging bs10.
    Have strung the racquet with nanogy 98 at 27lbs, also with karakal grip. Expecting explosive session next week with my second bs10

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have strung the racquet with nanogy 98 at 27lbs, also with karakal grip. Expecting explosive session next week with my second bs10
    How did it go with your nanogy 98? I am going to string mine with bg66 ult. I did not feel the power with bg66.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How did it go with your nanogy 98? I am going to string mine with bg66 ult. I did not feel the power with bg66.
    From my experience, bg66 more than 25lbs will feel dead. It works fine for me with bs10 strung with nanogy 98(sp or jp) at 26 or 27lbs, power and repulsion is there, I always enjoy the combination as they provide the result.
    Last edited by HardSmasher; 06-30-2013 at 11:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From my experience, bg66 more than 25lbs will feel dead. It works fine for me with bs10 strung with nanogy 98(sp or jp) at 26 or 27lbs, power and repulsion is there, I always enjoy the combination as they provide the result.
    Bg66 works well with other rackets except bs10. The other rackets are head heavy. It is easier to generate power with them. I will strung bs10 with bg66 ult and see how it goes.

I am reluctant to use other strings beside bg66 and bg66 ult. It will take time to adjust to other strings during games.
    Last edited by NeverWalkAlone; 07-01-2013 at 02:54 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bg66 works well with other rackets except bs10. The other rackets are head heavy. It is easier to generate power with them. I will strung bs10 with bg66 ult and see how it goes.

I am reluctant to use other strings beside bg66 and bg66 ult. It will take time to adjust to other strings during games.
    The good side is nanogy 98 still don't break during game, only restring if tension drops, normally after 2-3months

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO the BS10 is a real masterpiece of Victor. Since two years they produce rackets without much variation in terms of specs. Especially the newer BS are too flexy for me. As a long time BS10 user I can recommend BG80 or VS 850.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys, how does the BSLYD compare against a BS10 in terms of balance and stiffness?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R20190 View Post
    Guys, how does the BSLYD compare against a BS10 in terms of balance and stiffness?
    BS10 is max stiffness and balance at middle(HH/HL). For me, I remove the original grip, and replace with karakal grip(3u2g) which suits me

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast