User Tag List

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Jan O Jorgensen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oonyz View Post
    JOJ just beat Chen Jin as well.His age is 22 years old and Chen Jin is 23 years old.I think JOJ will be just as good as Peter Gade in the long run if not better.Definitely a player worth taking note especially in the runup to London 2012.....Most probably will be Denmark's No 1 after Peter Gade retires.Joachim imo is not consistent and he hasn't really beaten Peter Gade convincingly in international competitions yet.It's also worth noting whether Lin Dan can stay free of injuries till London 2012 which will probably be his last Olympics.Lin Dan's style of play requires him to be at the top of his game continuously and consistently which he has demonstrated successfully since 2008 Olympics.However to maintain his form until 2012,I doubt that will happen.2010 will see mostly LD and LCW or TH winning most competitions,however ,2011 look out for JOJ,Chen Jin and some upcoming new china men's singles player.......hidden in the wings....Anyone feel free to leave some feedback...
    Are you sure about TH?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well
    ms still belongs to lindan
    2nd is lcw
    it is hard to beat both of them and win any titles from the tournament they both participated
    u might found lcw is more easy to beat but not lindan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    well
    ms still belongs to lindan
    2nd is lcw
    it is hard to beat both of them and win any titles from the tournament they both participated
    u might found lcw is more easy to beat but not lindan
    yeah Lin dan very good la
    but the other is ok la ...
    so can study from Lin DAn

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by majyun View Post
    chris might not agree. Defeating BP and PG are no big deal, considering they are no Super Series players by chris's standard.
    ..the term has already been slightly modified, in order to not cause any more uneasiness to a few of TH's supporters. It's now called Super Series Championship Level players.
    I think JOJ is a player to look out for in the future,same applies to Chen Jin.JOJ is 22 years old and Chen Jin is 23 years old.JOJ even beat Chen Jin today in China Masters.Watch out for him in the next Olympics 2012.I personally do not think Lin Dan can sustain his current form until the next Olympics because he might sustain injuries based on the exertions from the level of pressure facing him in the next 3 years.He might maintain this invincible form from now till 2010 but I just don't see him keeping this sort of form to 2011-2012.I guess Chen Jin and JOJ will be at their peaks in 3 years time so I would say this 2 years would be Lin Dan's prime.LCW, he is a good player,however he lacks the big competition mentality.Misbun Sidek should recommend him selecting his tournaments just like Lin Dan in order to prevent him from burntout especially after winning a tournament every player will analyze your game and set you as the benchmark.If you look carefully,Lin Dan has been really selective of his tournaments since winning the Beijing 2008.He competed at the All England,World Champs,French Open,China Open,Swiss Open.Feel free to comment.
    ..i'm waiting for our OTB to respond abt LinDan's case and chances for 2012 OG.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its very good for him already consider his age is still young at the age of 21

got to a super series event final and manage to get runner up and for sure i think he will get a great experience playing with Lin dan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think JOJ is a player to look out for in the future,same applies to Chen Jin.JOJ is 22 years old and Chen Jin is 23 years old....I guess Chen Jin and JOJ will be at their peaks in 3 years time so I would say this 2 years would be Lin Dan's prime....If you look carefully,Lin Dan has been really selective of his tournaments since winning the Beijing 2008...
    do you know Hafiz? do you remember what he have adchieve at the age of 21? an AE champion!!

do you know what CJ has achieve so far at the age of 23?? AE and some SS champions and numerous SS finals, semifinals, etc...

what JOJ has achieved so far??? a SS final...

just watched his game this afternoon, just so so... good spirit, but raw technic... and already 22 years old...

so I don't think JOJ is at the same levels as CJ...

a win over LCW?? do you remember who beat LD at 2004 OG? Susilo... how he's doing now???

good luck JOJ... don't be blinded by those over-joyed fans and those over-rating...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonc108 View Post
    do you know Hafiz? do you remember what he have adchieve at the age of 21? an AE champion!!

do you know what CJ has achieve so far at the age of 23?? AE and some SS champions and numerous SS finals, semifinals, etc...

what JOJ has achieved so far??? a SS final...

just watched his game this afternoon, just so so... good spirit, but raw technic... and already 22 years old...

so I don't think JOJ is at the same levels as CJ...

a win over LCW?? do you remember who beat LD at 2004 OG? Susilo... how he's doing now???

good luck JOJ... don't be blinded by those over-joyed fans and those over-rating...
    Wow...Chill here. No body here is saying that JOJ is better than Chen Jin. The poster above you merely states that he has the potential to make it big in the future. Most of us here are just giving our applause on his tremendous improvement recently.

It's fine for you to have a standard so high that a player needs to be an AE champion, World Champion and Olympic Champion by the age of 23 to be considered a good player. However, I will politely remind you to leave others to decide on what a good player should be.

I am not sure what made you so sore to the extent of judging JOJ as a mediocre player even though he made a long way to his first final in CO 2009. Anyway, just give this young lad a break and chill, alright?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

i look forward to seeing JOJ more in the future. however, from watching his match against CJ and LD, i am not convince that he will ever become the rank of Gade as a solid Danish challenger to the world badminton circuit. he might get to quarter and even semi-finals. but unlikely he will win any big ones when the top players are around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I share your opinion.

I think JOJ has the potential to reach the level of KJ. PG? No.

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    i look forward to seeing JOJ more in the future. however, from watching his match against CJ and LD, i am not convince that he will ever become the rank of Gade as a solid Danish challenger to the world badminton circuit. he might get to quarter and even semi-finals. but unlikely he will win any big ones when the top players are around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All the European players start out late anyways so JOJ has more time than CJ if he could be the next PG. If JOJ could gain the amount of respect PG have during his professional career, I think that's a pretty good achievement. Doesn't have to be titles.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..i'm waiting for our OTB to respond abt LinDan's case and chances for 2012 OG.[/quote]
    Well, Chris...here it goes...
    If I give LD AA rating, I give LCW and CJ A rating, TH, PG, pretty Bao get A- rating and the rest downwards...clearly LD is a notch above eveyone else. I give JOJ a B+ (this CO09 clearly shows LD is toying with JOJ, the score actually flattered JOJ, LD made him look amateurish, JOJ is reacting to LD moves while LD anticipate where the bird goes the moment JOJ flick his racket)....The biggest weapon LD has now that in 2004/05 he doesn't have and going into 2010 as well is the mental superiority that he is really unbeatable, and if you play baddy and feel you can squash everyone, then you would understand what this mental power mental thingie can do for you. LCW is a world class player, on paper is bankable to win, yet fans would bite their tongue hoping he would deliver the goods and not crash out.
    Table tennis is dominated by CHN players, the real competition is between teammates...but in baddy, even CHN teammates cannot mount a challenge to LD, that spells domination. Barring injury, 2010 is all LD year with no rivals i.e. LD can pick/choose which SS he wants, I hope LD plays IO and MO which he hasn't won yet and that would collect all SS.
    Beyond 2010, let's wait till 2010 ends then we can discuss, but looking at the current landscape with no strong challenge other than a Hope from great baddy nation INA, after LCW none from deep pocket MAS, zip from discipline and serious KOR and a weak hope from work-fulltime-play-parttime-you-are-on-your-own DEN, that is pretty much IT
    LD is resting his legs and health for majors, winning majors enhance his endorsement potential (and that spells $$$, not some SS or whatsoever pays peanuts for all the hardwork put in). I strongly believe LD is targetting and planning for a second gold in OLY12. If I bet today, I park my dollar on LD to win OLY12 gold. As for WC and AE and AG next, start engraving his name on the trophy now
    Last edited by OneToughBirdie; 11-22-2009 at 04:10 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ^^Dear OTB..^^

..the next time around, you should just save your post and highlight, copy and paste your writing so you'll save a bit of time and energy in typing all those..

I've yet to see JOJ's match vs. CJ and LD (in this yr's China Open), but i'll take the opinions from a few of the posters in this thread and the other CO threads on JOJ's future chances. I guess mother time will tell where he progresses next as time is on his side.
    Last edited by ctjcad; 11-22-2009 at 06:03 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like some, this was also my first close look at JOJ. I won't add anything to the observations of benjamin59 and kwun. He will certainly be able to put food on his table by accumulating chequues from R-16, QF and SF appearances. As far as champion material goes, he's not quite there (yet). Other than JOJ, the supply from Europe is mighty thin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    __________________________________________________ _______________

Your observation of JOJ is very fair. JOJ may win some Grand Prix and SS titles but to win the biggies calls for all-round consistency and at the moment only LD has that quality.

__________________________________________________ _________________

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by benjamin59 View Post
    frankly speaking I saw JOJ played SS and CJ and I am not impressed. too many unforced errors and not cool enough. JOJ lucky to win over CJ. If CJ is fit no way JOJ could win. In the future CJ would be the chinese wall for him. Who knows JOJ might be another tommy sugiarto.
    If JOJ have trouble overcoming an injured CJ, today final LD would probably 'whitewash' him.
    __________________________________________________ __________________

JOJ was indeed white-washed by LD!
    LD has won five titles to date and LCW six.
    If LD wins the SS finals in JB then he will equal LCW.
    However, LD's wins include the All- England and the World Championship titles.
    LCW has never won any biggie so far.

__________________________________________________ _______________

__________________________________________________ __________________

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jorgensen needs to be more of a thinking player. That way, he can at least try to reduce exposure to his weaknesses or set up the rally to his advantage. At his age, his previous contemporaries Gade, Morten Frost and Flemming Delfs were all much better thinking players.

At times, when he plays the game, Jorgensen looked rushed and was not very calm despite not being under pressure.

Jorgensen might need more time to mature, so hopefully he will become like late bloomers Poul-Erik Hoyer Larsen and Svend Pri, the only man to have beaten Rudy Hartono at the Thomas Cup and All-England Finals at Rudy's peak.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lcleing View Post
    Wow...Chill here. No body here is saying that JOJ is better than Chen Jin. The poster above you merely states that he has the potential to make it big in the future. Most of us here are just giving our applause on his tremendous improvement recently.

It's fine for you to have a standard so high that a player needs to be an AE champion, World Champion and Olympic Champion by the age of 23 to be considered a good player. However, I will politely remind you to leave others to decide on what a good player should be.

I am not sure what made you so sore to the extent of judging JOJ as a mediocre player even though he made a long way to his first final in CO 2009. Anyway, just give this young lad a break and chill, alright?
    ... i think you have over-reacted.. sorry if this is initiated by my straight words, but in no way that I need your "polite" reminder, as I don't think any words in my post was impolite nor "sore".. and i don't know why i don't have the right to comment but have to "leave others to DECIDE on what a good player should be"...

.. it's alrite to note and recognize some player's improvement, but don't make it too big out of overjoy, calm down and look at it objectively... and let the player mature naturally.. overating would ruin a growing player as it would mean over-pressure...

. what i like to point out in my post is that, a glorious moment does not mean anything big, just like the many more glorious past cases (even the Chinese CL doen't made any further good progress after beating LCW, TH and LD and being claimed the next LD earlier this year)..

If you really like the lab to grow healthily and have a sustainable success, give him a break, take back the "making big" comments and leave him alone... it's good enough to give him a big applause for what's done now and no need to make it so big to the next PG, the OG12 contender.. etc.

btw, have you heard what JOJ said in a recent interview?? I think the lab is more realistic (although not short of spirit) than any of these "make big" fans...

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast