User Tag List

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Results 137 to 153 of 239

Thread: Jan O Jorgensen

  1. #137
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badders7 View Post
    joj is not participating in german open, only all england (2nd round last year) and swiss open (semi final last year)
    ouch
    bad news for me
    but great news for the paticipater in german open

  2. #138
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default JOJ gets his first SS title!..

    Gratz to JOJ for disappointing Taufik (and his many fans) once again...or maybe Taufik gifted the win to him??..
    anyway, here's a brief video from youtube of JOJ's winning match pt. and his reaction afterward..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZd0E-C0GxY


  3. #139
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    185
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    taufik just had a bad day plus JOJ playing well...taufik racket string keep snapping during important point in the game at one point taufik almost throw his racket on the floor with frustrated look on his face...

  4. #140
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xavYPC View Post
    taufik just had a bad day plus JOJ playing well...taufik racket string keep snapping during important point in the game at one point taufik almost throw his racket on the floor with frustrated look on his face...
    ..with his experience and level of skills, even if he had lost this match, i would expect Taufik to force at least a rubber game...I haven't seen the complete match, but that match point sequence (in the video) didn't look like an experienced Taufik at all..

  5. #141
    Regular Member volcom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,522
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    JOJ is just superb!
    Brilliant agileness, cunning skills.... he will be a absolute threat in the future.
    He's only 22!

  6. #142
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    185
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    danish MS look promising with JOJ and victor too...JOJ and chen jin which is younger?
    Last edited by xavYPC; 10-31-2010 at 09:47 PM.

  7. #143
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,946
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, he's still young.. love his style of play and quick footwork

  8. #144
    Regular Member extremenanopowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SG. Go for NCAP-L2 certified coach.
    Posts
    11,735
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Good one. I like to see good players beating each other up at the top. Go JOJ.

  9. #145
    Regular Member nokh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    8,453
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    He is good on return of serve. In the SF match against Hun Yu, he was very quick to attack the low serve. Then HY switch to high serve and this was smashed by him.

  10. #146
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    MALAYSIA
    Posts
    10,375
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Congraz JOJ........

    He played a superb net shot to end the match.......beating TH with neat net shot is really something as TH is so famous with his leathal net shots....

  11. #147
    Regular Member undeadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    马来西亚
    Posts
    8,336
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Heheh, quite the showman, is he?
    But it really is special for him to win his first Open title on his home ground, no wonder he is absolutely elated. Congratulations to him, I actually like his style in the final, a player I would definitely follow.

  12. #148
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,613
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    TH is hoping to be lucky. He does this quite often in recent years. Unfotunately he was not lucky this time.

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..with his experience and level of skills, even if he had lost this match, i would expect Taufik to force at least a rubber game...I haven't seen the complete match, but that match point sequence (in the video) didn't look like an experienced Taufik at all..

  13. #149
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,690
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow JOJ once said Taufik Hidayat is his idol

    Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    Heheh, quite the showman, is he?
    But it really is special for him to win his first Open title on his home ground, no wonder he is absolutely elated. Congratulations to him, I actually like his style in the final, a player I would definitely follow.
    .
    Yes, congratulations to JOJ for winning the the 2010 Denmark Open SS.

    JOJ was absolutely elated because he has now found himself to be as good as his idol, TH. If I can remember correctly, this is the second time JOJ has defeated TH.

    JOJ once said that Peter Gade and Taufik Hidayat are his idols.

    Now, we can say that JOJ has arrived at TH's (and also PG's) high level/standard of play.
    .

  14. #150
    Regular Member nokh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    8,453
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    At the stage when PG and TH has reached their maximum and JOJ will surpass them. He is improving and will be the favourite should he face them again, in my opinion.

  15. #151
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post
    ...He played a superb net shot to end the match.......beating TH with neat net shot is really something as TH is so famous with his leathal net shots....
    ..it's like one of those do or die gambles from TH. Instead of lifting back, he countered w/ a net return which wasn't as tight. He probably also didn't expect JOJ to come back with another counter net return. At 20-19, JOJ probably also didn't have the pressure as the pressure was probably on Taufik to tie the score.
    Quote Originally Posted by ye333 View Post
    TH is hoping to be lucky. He does this quite often in recent years. Unfotunately he was not lucky this time.
    ..TH's game has become quite predictable: net-then-smash..As long as one can return his smashes on a consistent basis, move him around quite a bit and play decent net games, one definitely has a chance to beat Taufik.

  16. #152
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    Yes, congratulations to JOJ for winning the the 2010 Denmark Open SS.

    JOJ was absolutely elated because he has now found himself to be as good as his idol, TH. If I can remember correctly, this is the second time JOJ has defeated TH.

    JOJ once said that Peter Gade and Taufik Hidayat are his idols.

    Now, we can say that JOJ has arrived at TH's (and also PG's) high level/standard of play.
    .
    I would change that to read "Now, we can say that JOJ has arrived at TH's (and also PG's) current level/standard of play, which is a far cry from their best days as professional players".

  17. #153
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    At the stage when PG and TH has reached their maximum and JOJ will surpass them. He is improving and will be the favourite should he face them again, in my opinion.
    If you watch AE99 final and WC05 final, the way PG and TH are currently playing, they are not at 'maximum' but downhill all the way, a step slower than when they are at their best....just because the rest of the world's players are just as bad, that is why TH and PG are still highly ranked today. JOJ beat out a worn out warrior in TH.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •