User Tag List

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Jan O Jorgensen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About JOJ vs CJ SF, my opinion is, if CJ is not injured, JOJ won't get more than 15 pts in each game.

My prediction for JOJ: He should be able to reach top 10 constantly, but needs luck to reach top 5. Most likely his career achievement won't be better than Simon Santoso's.

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..okay, i finally watched the China Open MS Final between LD & JOJ. First time to really fully watch his game. And yes, the one thing i noticed abt JOJ in that match is mentioned above: power of lack of it. It seems he was reluctant to smash even when he had a chance; rather he seemed to prefer clearing the shuttle back. Another thing is his court movement/footwork or rather lack of it esp. trying to cover the return after executing a jumpsmash, either late or just out of position. In other instance, i noticed he couldn't get behind the shuttle enough after LD sent him those deep pushes/clear to the baseline. Either his anticipation wasn't there or just slower footwork.
    I'll give him a thumbs up for his netting and soft touch around the net.
    As far as thinking wise, i think he was maybe playing a bit rushed in some portion of the game or trying to do a bit much. I noticed when he played with a bit of patience, he showed he could be a brilliant player.

Now, i tried to watch his SF match vs. Chen Jin, but the video went kaput abt 1/4 of the way (don't know what happened). So, wasn't able to see much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being a dane and also following JOJ in the local league, I dare say he has manage to pull some pretty impressive feats. He has made a huge jump since last year and I do believe he will be able to take over from PG - he is actually winnning their latest matchups - just as he won over KJ last time they met.

Sure he has still got quite a way before he will be on par with LD, but he is still very young, but agewise and playerwise. I think we'll see him develop tremendously over the next couple of years as he gains more experience. I truely think JOJ is the next PG (even though he isn't as dominant as PG was in his young years) - but only time will tell I guess...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JOJ just beat PSH in 2 sets at SSMF, 21-19 21-13. Another huge upset

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ^^Not really a huge upset..^^

- JOJ had beaten PSH earlier this yr in the World Championships (3 games)..
    - PSH is not LCW. He's inconsistent at best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    ... more like PSH was giving up the game to reserve energy for semi-finals... he always did that, just like he did to PG in the 2nd set yesterday... this is a meaningless match....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonc108 View Post
    ... more like PSH was giving up the game to reserve energy for semi-finals... he always did that, just like he did to PG in the 2nd set yesterday... this is a meaningless match....
    not meaningless if one is a PAWER

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not meaningless if one is a PAWER
    $#@@@***%&&%%**** (don't get me started again)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PSH is already the group #1 and JOJ already out. This match won't affect anything.

Btw, both PSH and JOJ are top 10 players who never reach top 5. So not really an "upset"...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ye333 View Post
    PSH is already the group #1 and JOJ already out. This match won't affect anything.

Btw, both PSH and JOJ are top 10 players who never reach top 5. So not really an "upset"...
    gawdly, u shoulda told me this before i pawed PSH to win over JOJ. I guess it's easy to be an expert after the fact

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't paw so I don't care. Besides I think many people have mentioned this fact yesterday (my bad if it's not on this forum... But a good fan like you should also visit places like www.badmintoncn.com, right? )

gawdly, u shoulda told me this before i pawed PSH to win over JOJ. I guess it's easy to be an expert after the fact

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ye333 View Post
    I don't paw so I don't care. Besides I think many people have mentioned this fact yesterday (my bad if it's not on this forum... But a good fan like you should also visit places like www.badmintoncn.com, right? )
    i know of much better sites for colorful action pictures
    Last edited by cooler; 12-04-2009 at 06:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bilingual advantage?
    My Chinese is getting rusty and keyboard entry is terrible....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have watched JOJ played courtside at 4 tournaments and I would say he's the young gun to watch, not some CHN or MAS or INA ones.(Maybe Thai or JPN, ok)
    Tell me, which MS with just 1.5 years tournament exposure, has taken out the following:
    LCW, CJ, PG, PSH, BP.(I hope he takes out TH next in MO.)
    So what's JOJ's magic?
    1) It's because he's a superfast learner!( like LCW)
    Each time he meets the same opponent, he gets closer to match them. All the top players he has defeated so far, he has played them a few times. But LD he has only played once, so for him to get near LD, he will hope to be in his quarter as often as possible to have more match 'practice' with SuperDan.
    2) He has self-belief and strong determination. It's impossible to beat 5 top names without those qualities.
    3) He is able to achieve those with his game not quite so polished yet. Can you imagine what he can do when his skills and court sense are well-honed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats to him for taking the Copenhagen Title 2009. Beat Simon Santoso in the group match too

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

self believe do grow & shrink with win & lose

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Reply !!!

I understand that Lin Dan is very good.In my opinion he is one of the best if you look at players from the late 20th century till now.I am from Malaysia but currently doing my Masters in England.I have went for coaching clinics in Malaysia when I was younger about 10-13 years old under players like Yang Yang,Zhao JianHua,Misbun Sidek and Rashid Sidek.I am about 30 years old now.I have seen most of the badminton players in action....Misbun Sidek,Rashid, Foo Kok Keong,Morten Frost,Joko Suprianto,Ardy Wiranata,Alan Budi Kusuma,Paul Erik Hoyer,Yang Yang,Zhao Jian,Xiong GuoBao,Wu Wenkai,
    Razif and Jalani,Xia Xuanze and the list goes on in real life tournament matches and in training as well as coaching clinics.I am not saying JOJ is the best and he will dominate the world.Looking at everything from a neutral point of view,not from fan's perspective,I think JOJ has very good potential.Most Danish players they peak when into their late 20's.Lin Dan started to peak when he was 24....he won OG in 2008 at age 25.He benefited from a host of experienced chinese players in their coaching set-up such as Chen Hong,Ji Xinpeng,Xiaxuanze,Sun Jun.....he had very good sparring.Most of this players retired before age 30.PG is still playing at the age of 33 or 34.....when most top chinese players would have retired or either asked to retire because of orders from chinese chief coach.I speak mandarin and english so I know.Most of my friends in England are from China.And I am chinese myself except that I am born in Malaysia but studying in England now.I think the other impressive young player is Chen Long.I think Lin Dan won't be able to sustain the level he is playing when he is about 29 years old.He still can maintain this level until about 28 but 29 I am not so sure.We are talking about young players with potential not players like Lin Dan who are at their peak.Let's keep this discussion going like we're having coffee and chatting.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote=oonyz;1339695] Off topic but to reply to your post:
    DEN players do peak later and a longer career but that can be because there is noone to challenge them for their place in the team. PG can play as long as he wants, same for Tine R. Same for LCW in MAS and HH (yes, HH is still MAS #2 for TC2010)
    CHN players retire early because it is so competitive in CHN and there are younger and better players coming up to knock out the leaders. Consider XXZ who cannot defend his WC03 crown because he was the odd man out in CHN WC05 team (ditto for ZL, defending WS champ was left out too). Maybe that is why CHN players’ mental game is so strong.
    True, CHN players improve most from playing/training with world class sparring partners and great coaches like the 'Thing'. If MS in CHN is that tough, try WS, the competition is insane and player like JYJ/ZL cannot make the team for majors, even LL, WSX are shaky, yet if these players leave CHN and play for any other countries, they will be top players and play for a long time.
    As for LD not able to sustain his level past 29...put it this way, except CJ, the other top players are older than LD, so if LD level drops, so will they. Unless there are young guns coming up and they is none now, and I would not include JOJ while young at 22, has a long way to improve (from smash, speed, etc) to catch up, LD is still the one to beat in 2010. LD has won just about everything including $$$. He can afford to pick/choose which SS to play in, just to keep his ranking and most importantly, his place in CHN team. LD targets are the majors, OLY12 is only 2.65 years away, more WCs, AEs and maybe AGs, those are the only tournaments that matters to build up his legacy and outright claim as the best player ever. After OLY12, I bet LD will retire, win or lose. So unless another young TH, PG or LCW comes up in a hurry and peak at OLY12, I would still say LD is the one to beat.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast