Proace Ti Dream Ultralight 5U - Suitable Strings

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tibetmonk, Oct 25, 2009.

1. tibetmonk

tibetmonk Regular Member

I bought a Proace Ti Dream Ultralight 5U last week and strung it with Apacs string (forgot the model) at 24lbs. The racquet is definitely very lightweight with easy maneuverability. The thing is it is very difficult to find the correct spot to hit and most of my shots are like away from the sweet spot. The contact point whenever I attempt a smash sends a ringing vibration down the racquet which totally affects my gameplay. I am thinking the stringing is affecting this. The sound upon contact of the shuttle is not regular too.

I am looking at re-stringing to 23lbs with a thinner string so that I can have better power. Is this advisable? Anyone can advise what are the good thin strings out there? Thanks in advance...

2. Highwei

Highwei New Member

Come on Sell me haha...........

3. tibetmonk

tibetmonk Regular Member

stupid kok wei.. think i duno is you isit? haha.. sell you for 80 bucks.

4. Highwei

Highwei New Member

haha i never try to conceal myself arr.... haha sell me sell me sell me sell me come on come on sell me

5. dreyr

dreyr Regular Member

designer
    try bg66 string with 23lbs.
    i use this racket too..with bg80, 24lbs.

6. tibetmonk

tibetmonk Regular Member

Thanks Dreyr... getting used to it but still need some effort to get in the power...

7. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    Ashaway Zymax 62 is a very thin (0.62mm) and very powerful string so it could be what you're looking for. Light rackets can often lack power so using a powerful string is often a good idea. Zymax 62 also offers brilliant feel so it should impress you in all departments. It isn't the most durable string in the world but for its gauge, it hasn't got terrible durability by any stretch of the word.

The main issue you might have with ZM62 is that it feels quite stiff - string it lower than you normally would. Perhaps you should look at having you racket strung with ZM62 at 21 or 22Lbs.

8. tibetmonk

tibetmonk Regular Member

Thanks Danstevens.. now that is a string I've not explored before... Not sure if they have it in Singapore though.. Will keep a lookout. :)