short string extension technique

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by illusionistpro, Oct 26, 2009.

1. illusionistpro

illusionistpro Regular Member

I've been working on ways to minimize string waste from the reel ive been using, and on this last frame I found the amount I left at the end was not able to reach my gripper.

What I did was I took one extra string I had and hitched that to the tail that couldnt reach the gripper. I also hitched that string to the extension. This is self is sometimes enough to get the job done, but for extra help I used a flying clamp. I put the knot in a gap between the teeth and I let some of the teeth grab the extra string and some of the teeth on the racket string. This allowed me to pull 28lbs on my electronic constant pull machine with out a problem. Hopefully this will help some one some day when they are coming up short. :D

2. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    You can do that or use the starting clamp for the same purpose.

3. illusionistpro

illusionistpro Regular Member

Indeed, a starting clamp would be ideal. You can clamp your small tail, and you can use a string to go around the clamp holding it securely. I currently cant justify buying a starting clamp for $40 when I dont really "need" it.