need players

Discussion in 'Canada West' started by redsmartbrabus, Oct 26, 2009.

1. redsmartbrabus

redsmartbrabus New Member

retired
    hello there is two sessions at pine tree community centre in coquitlam on sunday evenings. the first one is 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm and the next one at 7:45 to 9:45. the last two or three times i have been the only one that signed up . you have to sign up on line in the morning starting at 8:30 am which hasn't gone over well with many. the time also don't seem to work for many as this would be their family time for dinner. the thing is that if the two slots don't have more sign up they may drop this time slot after the new year. they would give the spot to another sport group. if you live in the are and are looking for a place to play the gym has 6 courts . you would sign up under the city of coquitlam web site and book a spot .please give it some thought it hard enough to find courts it would be a shame to have it dropped . thank you for your time .

2. markusn

markusn Regular Member

Government
    Pinetree coquitlam

I am interested in playing more regularly.

3. markusn

markusn Regular Member

Government
    Sun Nov 8 at 5:30pm

I confirm what Red in the First post stated. All six courts in Gym 3 empty. Out of the 36 spots available to register on line I saw 35 still availabe this afternoon. Now I think it is a bit risky to pay ahead of time if you are the only one showing. Need at least two players!!! I assume that you can pay there but not guaranteed a spot if the max of 36 is reached.
    Going to drop by at 7:45 pm to see who shows up.
    I think we need to form a Coquitlam Badminton Club if it doesn't exist. I think many are spread out over the other places in Coquitlam to play.

4. markusn

markusn Regular Member

Government
    Sun Nov 8 at 7:45pm

Seems that the 5:30 pm time is not good due to dinner time most likely.
    At the 7:45 pm session, there were 12 people over six courts in gym 2.
    I peeked in only for about a few minutes to observe. Yes I was that guy on my cell phone. In any event, I would be the odd person out so if there is anyone looking for a doubles partner or someone to play singles the odd time, let me know. Otherwise, if someone from the Pinetree group would invite me to play with their group, that would be nice too. Just feel like a knob showing up by myself. It appears to be intermediate players so I'll fit right in.

5. druss

druss Regular Member

You never know, another single might have showed up 10 minutes after you left!!

Anyway, sounds like a good place to play, too bad I don't like in Coquitlam anymore or I'd be there for sure.

6. markusn

markusn Regular Member

Government
    Coquitlam - Pinetree

druss, you are right. Should have stuck around.

7. druss

druss Regular Member

The other thing to keep in mind is that badminton players in general are a pretty nice bunch IMO. Just go up to them next time and ask whether you can join them. All they can say is no.

8. markusn

markusn Regular Member

Government
    Very true. Appreciate your comments and encouragement.