AT900P or At900T

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by DanhNguyen5.3, Oct 26, 2009.

1. DanhNguyen5.3

DanhNguyen5.3 Regular Member

I was wondering what I should get AT900P or AT900T,
    I'll tell you my skills and I'll let yous guys suggest cuz I really dont, know I like both, and there's really isn't any demo, but I like the feel of both rackets whn holding the racket ( like in the store,couldnt really test i test tho ),

I hav really good wrist I want something (from either one) with good power and control ( I can hold AT900 without getting wornout by it..), my game is base on tactics, drives, clears ( prolly a bit more clears then smashes ), and smashes, I can do drop shot or netshot just not alot, I would like I a racket that even if I'm on a bad position I can just flick the racket to make the birdy flying, so I have enough time to recover.
    I have good defence, footwork, and speed.

now I like like P becuz it would work more on my clears and smashes, and I prolly have enough strenght to make good use for it for defence, and I say it weight give me better control,

I like T becuz it aerodynamic, so it may be easier to smash, and I prolly wont get as worned out as fast ( so that may be awhile), and from reading review it say it has good control and power too,

I would wont a heavy racket I dont really need to do too much netshots, not a big fan, but I'm really good at it, and I dont really need TOO much defence.

kk if you please >.< can you tell me which one to buy >.< !!!!!:confused:

2. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    Based on impulse decision -> u should get AT900T, u will like it as it is a solid racket. AT900P is more of a "power" play racket then AT900T. (Try imagine AT900P as Lee Chong Wei and AT900T as Taufik Hidayat in singles and you will know what i mean)
    Based on reality however, try both rackets from your baddy friends in the courts, clubs, wherever u can see one holding them. Then only decide for yourself :D

3. DanhNguyen5.3

DanhNguyen5.3 Regular Member

Oh well thankyou for suggesting for me =), but I made a mistake I see xD I want a headheavy racket, but still, and if I imagine Lee Chong Wei and Taufik, I rather want to play like Lee Chong wei, mainly cuz I don thave the creativity like Taufik and have huge backhand like him, and if I recommend I play more like a mixture of Lin Dan agressiveness, athleticisism, and speed, with Lee Chong Wei footwork, tactics and technique ( well I wanna get there ;) xD, well I'm working my way, so basiclly is like my style), so thats why I dunno what to pick

4. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

I see your point. Actually if you go with the AT900P, you'll end up playing defensively because IMHO the racquet possesses a whole lot of raw power on tap due to the design, but the swing characteristic is a bit slow because of the boxy frame (you can really notice it compared to for example the AT700).

AT900T on the other hand may feel so smooth on the defense because (to me at least) it feels slightly more repulsive than the AT900P (which according to the Yonex chart has more "hold" in the frame) and facilitates quick flicks and defensive shots easily. The AT900T does lack a little (though not totally significant unless you really have your game plan and style down) on offense though because of the aerodynamic frame, it swings faster but doesn't feel a robust on impact and thus doesn't transmit all your swing power into the shot.

5. adonis

adonis Regular Member

DC Badminton Panda Power Australian Distributor, S
    get the AT900T. The improvement in control, net play and maneuverability is way higher than the improvement of power and defence of the AT900P (to me at least).

get it with the BG80 or BG 85 would be a good combo!

6. nutbad5981

nutbad5981 Regular Member

elementary grade tutor
    hi guys, just wanna know from you. about how many grams or maybe, milligrams heavier is the racquet head of at900p than at900t? i wanna buy new racquet, i am currently using at800def. i play MD and i am aggresive player but i also need good defense. i'll go for 3u. thanks a lot