Shuttlecocks from China

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by Noobie09, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Noobie09

Noobie09 New Member

Hi all

Did you try any shuttlecocks from China? are they durable?

cos I found some online sales of quite cheap shuttles, dunno whether they are good or not... :confused:

I found on HWZ forum there is a guy selling Enlan Shuttlecocks, 12 bucks/tube, and he also posted ""real" customer reviews, seems fine for me... wanna give a try.

any of you tried it before? :D don't wan waste my money on low-value stuff

2. Sgbad

Sgbad Regular Member

bumming around
    IMO, there are lots of shuttlecocks from China. And I think, apparently, 90% of shuttlecocks are made in China. I have tried several of these chinese brands before, and I have never been awed by any shuttle brand that is below SGD$20 yet. You pay for what you get. :)

But, SGD$12 is worth a gamble. Just SGD$1/shuttlecock.:)

3. jaynjay

jaynjay Regular Member

can you tell me one that is not made in China? like aeroplane, Yonex, RSL, are made in China. BTW, what you mean by ""real"" customer reviews? i am a real customer, coz i am using it as my only brand shuttlecock, and i am not selling those for living, I am helping people to get cheap and good shuttlecock here. I have 600 tubes now, and I am happy with them coz they only cost from $10-$12 each.

4. Noobie09

Noobie09 New Member

I mean he posted reviews from his own real customer, not fake ones...as he said.

Thanks for sharing :)

5. HDMelvyn

HDMelvyn Regular Member

Student
    I used to use some of the Chinese brand shuttlecocks when i practiced in my hometown( i am from CanTon) , and that is worth for ur practices but not for your tournment, and they of course not durable enough ! But one good thing is you can through the shuttlecocks away if you don't don't like it

6. Ben_minton

Ben_minton Regular Member

none

u may want to consider Apacs Aero FLight 700 which has good comment in term of flight & duability. I have obatined one tube lately & will be trying out soon to see how it compare to my current batch of Protech M/P & Sealion-gold.

u can purchase it $23 from S'pore ebay or ~$20 in JB.

#6 Ben_minton, Nov 5, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  7. Jaireh

Jaireh Regular Member

None
    your best bet is to test it yourself. you can hold the bird from a height and drop it to the floor in a straight path. with this you can tell the durability of the shuttlecock. the durable ones sound crispier than the el cheapos. this is because of the strong construction of the shuttle. I do this all the time actually. or you can also pinch the middle section of the shuttlecock (in between the feather and the base, in the thread area. but not so hard!) it should also feel durable and strong enough.

I use Mesuca brand, and it has chinese markings on the tube. As far as I can remember this is the cheapest high quality shuttlecock I'v tried. (if you compare the price by piece.)

8. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    This is not true. In fact you cannot even tell from a visible inspection the difference between goose and duck feathers-the only difference you can tell is their thickness. Top grade A+ duck feathers look thicker and feel firmer than Protech Masterpiece goose or even Yonex AS-30 goose, as it should because the former is grade A+ whereas the latter two are only grade A- feathers. Also feathers thickenss is not indicative of durability-a goose feather grade A- or even grade B will have higher durability than grade A+ duck feathers but not in playability.
    If the skirt of the shuttle is too firm and rigid it will break more easily as it will have reduced shock absorption. It must not be too stiff/rigid or too flexible.

9. Jaireh

Jaireh Regular Member

None
    I didn't mean that the thread area must be very hard:)

10. ester2009

ester2009 Regular Member

For myself, I would suggest GOGO BS01 which is only $7-$8 for 12 shuttles and with good reviews. Acceptable and worth trying, is it?
    http://www.google.com/products?q=GOGO+BS01&hl=en&aq=f
    However, what scene you use it and what level you are may influence your choice. After all, something fits you is best to you!

#10 ester2009, Nov 5, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  11. Noobie09

Noobie09 New Member

Thx for sharing all :)

I tried the 12 bucks Enlan last weekend, I would say it's beyond my expectations. But the flight was not VERY good (as commented by my experienced friends, but good enough for me @.@) as compared to those shuttles which cost $25 or above. But very good value for money we think...I will abandon the 12 dollars one and go for the $15 one next time.

some of my friends with 2- years badminton experiences like the shuttles, and they asked me to order two more tubes of the $15 ones, we'll try it next time.

anyway, i'm a noobie in badminton, and thanks all for your comments.

12. jaynjay

jaynjay Regular Member

was it T2 or No1? I think it was T2 since No1 has very good fly:)
    i am pretty sure that the person you buying from gets them from me.

i am selling T2 for $10, and No1 for $12, and i give different discounts when >10 tubes shipping.

13. Noobie09

Noobie09 New Member

Are you in America?... gosh I just noticed this forum is not based in Singapore....... pretty much shocked :eek: sry :p

I'm a boy in Singapore and the currency is in Singapore dollars, sorry all for misunderstanding...

But still thanks.

14. adonis

adonis Regular Member

DC Badminton Panda Power Australian Distributor, S
    haha singaporeans, always so sheltered. :p

15. Louislkw

Louislkw Regular Member

Enginneer in Oil and Gas
    :cool::cool::cool:

16. Amin Khalili

Amin Khalili Regular Member

Student
    Anyone tried Li Ning shuttlecock already?Quite expensive,but didnt reach AS50 price haha

17. sahabat35

sahabat35 New Member

technician
    i have yonex as50 ...price is about $76

18. aa777

aa777 Regular Member

well, i know china have a lot of different brand of shuttle, yet i think aeroplane is the best. cos recently, i tried the green label (they have blue, green, red and black). first of all the impact feel is very very soild, the durable is very good and the fight is very consistance. actually i like it a lot. i UK it is very hard to find this brand. but i heard that some online company call super sporty have the stock. but i am not sure. let me find out and tell you guys later.